Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feature I would like to see

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
A feature I would like to see and likely others would like to see when dueling monsters, would be a button that asks if you want others to join your duel. I am so tired of people joining duels that you are trying to hurry to get out of. I think there should be a request before they can join. If you click no then they can't join. This would stop a lot of "bums" and "moochers" from joining in with you. I like to solo and it is almost impossible to solo in area's with a high volume of players. I think this would make a nice common courteousy for players that want to solo. Plus it also at the same time allows others that are ok with it or want help to say yes and let others join. Problem solved for those that like to solo.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
The best way for KI to accommodate soloist players is for them to produce an offline version of the game. Then you can solo to your hearts content.

So until and unless that happens feel free to solo in towers and dungeons. As per street fight quests, find a perfect realm and accept the fact that people jumping in the fight occasionally happens and adjust accordingly.

but then i feel different about it cause i love the challenge of almost done and about to die and someone jumps in. And then thats the point when things get exciting.

Soloing is easy, dealing with other people as a chaos effect is funner.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
noyeh wrote:
I like to solo and it is almost impossible to solo in area's with a high volume of players.

There's your answer. If you like to solo (like myself), the easiest way to accomplish this is to switch to a "perfect" realm.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
go to a different realm, this rarely happens in realms that are labeled perfect

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree with you about this, because I have died many times. Or if the player joins it adds health to your count by 200 or something like that to give you a fighting chance. Cause a lot of players will jump in and not help heal you and when you die, you lose the match and they get the just rewards.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
noyeh wrote:
A feature I would like to see and likely others would like to see when dueling monsters, would be a button that asks if you want others to join your duel. I am so tired of people joining duels that you are trying to hurry to get out of. I think there should be a request before they can join. If you click no then they can't join. This would stop a lot of "bums" and "moochers" from joining in with you. I like to solo and it is almost impossible to solo in area's with a high volume of players. I think this would make a nice common courteousy for players that want to solo. Plus it also at the same time allows others that are ok with it or want help to say yes and let others join. Problem solved for those that like to solo.

I like that too, but now sure how that would work if you had 2 other wiz in the duel.

One feature I would like to see is "do not disturb" or "off Line" ,. There are times I don't want to help, or even talk to people. I wish we had a feature that said we are busy, Sometime we just want to be left alone, and do our quest. or only star friends can talk !

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think the solution would largely be that if a player joins a match already in process that the person who joins should be given a large aggression number making that player the most likely player to be attacked. I just died at a table in which I was solo'ing and should have had an easy win upon because as I was about to finish it up one of my friends ported in bringing a new creature to the table and making me have to wait an extra turn on my attack all cast and all the opponents then attacked me instead of them. After three or four rounds of this and no attack or healing help from the player, I ended up dead and they ended up reaping all the rewards of the fight while my quest log ended up being entirely messed up cause they completed the quest while I was dead. I'd like to see them get attacked intstead of everything being on me if they join like that, let them die for jumping in and not holding their own and not me. They jump in, see they aren't being attacked and just sit to build up pips, and then often attack the creatures they can't even kill with those pips, which pretty much can leave you as being the one extremely hurt or dead.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
david0073 wrote:
noyeh wrote:

I like that too, but now sure how that would work if you had 2 other wiz in the duel.

One feature I would like to see is "do not disturb" or "off Line" ,. There are times I don't want to help, or even talk to people. I wish we had a feature that said we are busy, Sometime we just want to be left alone, and do our quest. or only star friends can talk !
ya wa

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
noyeh wrote:
I like to solo and it is almost impossible to solo in area's with a high volume of players.

There's your answer. If you like to solo (like myself), the easiest way to accomplish this is to switch to a "perfect" realm.

Actually they still do it in the perfect realms too. I think they should create a feature that allows you to say "no" or "yes" to someone wanting to join you in a fight.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I think the solution would largely be that if a player joins a match already in process that the person who joins should be given a large aggression number making that player the most likely player to be attacked. I just died at a table in which I was solo'ing and should have had an easy win upon because as I was about to finish it up one of my friends ported in bringing a new creature to the table and making me have to wait an extra turn on my attack all cast and all the opponents then attacked me instead of them. After three or four rounds of this and no attack or healing help from the player, I ended up dead and they ended up reaping all the rewards of the fight while my quest log ended up being entirely messed up cause they completed the quest while I was dead. I'd like to see them get attacked intstead of everything being on me if they join like that, let them die for jumping in and not holding their own and not me. They jump in, see they aren't being attacked and just sit to build up pips, and then often attack the creatures they can't even kill with those pips, which pretty much can leave you as being the one extremely hurt or dead.

This is why I feel they should bring a "request to join button" to the table. It is not fair when you have slaved over your kills and someone comes in ruins it for you and gets all the points and items for it. You have just about killed the creatures and all they have to battle is the creature they brought in. That just is not right. I have gotten to where when someone joins me I "flee" and leave them to full fury of three beasts if they join right away. To "teach" them a lesson.

If I have to start over I would rather the ones that don't ask take on the full fury of three beasts instead of me. I have many a time swapped to other realms. Sometimes with the success of being alone to other times not being aloned. So the "perfect" realm is not always the perfect realm. Sure its lower volume but it doesn't guarentee you can solo alone. I think it would be easier to create a feature for this game than an offline version honestly.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
seasnake wrote:

With the idea I have in mind ,This is why you click yes when you want someone to join you. The rounds are on hold while you click yes or no. Easy peasy. This way people can still join you but only if you click the yes button. Nobody gets the kick if they are already in the dual with you at your permission, and if there is someone you don't want to join you as you already gave them permission. See how easy that is? Just a couple of more buttons to push. And honestly for those that don't mind people joining them all they have to do is click yes. This is why you have two options "yes they may join", and "no they may not join". each person has to request and with each person you deny or allow them to join. as I said easy peasy.