Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Okay, you may have seen topics about this, only i want to express my ideas. Wild Bolt is a special spell, one storm wizards love to use. However, because of its accuracy, storm wizards tend to use this rarely. Now, i would agree with a 10% accuracy because of its strength (1000), but to me, it seems like there isn't any reason for such a low accuracy.

Yes, it is a 2 rank spell. Can't they increase it to 6? And the worst thing about this is that Triton is a 6 rank spell, 70%, and at max, 875 damage. That's less than 200 damage away from 1000, correct? Triton is pretty much a slightly weaker wild bolt. If anything, i think they should increase the accuracy of wild bolt. 10% seems a little over exaggerated.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
my grand master uses wild bolt like an expensive pass. costing 2 mana, if it works great, if not I still have my more powerful spells, that i'm collecting pips for. Most storm wizards buff their focus, so 10% is not really 10%.

A good storm wizard will have that at 25+%

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Agree Wild Bolt is broken and needs to be fixed pronto 10% accuracy does nothing at all for Wild Bolt. Every time I used the accuracy buff, and the Wild Bolt prior I fizzle 99.9% of the time. PLEASE FIX THIS BROKEN SPELL!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Wild Bolt is that low accuracy because of it's high damage, low pip cost, and ability to easily kill anyone. If we change it, pvp will be so messed up again.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
MSS11 wrote:
Okay, you may have seen topics about this, only i want to express my ideas. Wild Bolt is a special spell, one storm wizards love to use. However, because of its accuracy, storm wizards tend to use this rarely. Now, i would agree with a 10% accuracy because of its strength (1000), but to me, it seems like there isn't any reason for such a low accuracy.

Yes, it is a 2 rank spell. Can't they increase it to 6? And the worst thing about this is that Triton is a 6 rank spell, 70%, and at max, 875 damage. That's less than 200 damage away from 1000, correct? Triton is pretty much a slightly weaker wild bolt. If anything, i think they should increase the accuracy of wild bolt. 10% seems a little over exaggerated.

You can increase the accuracy to 20% with a keen eyes treasure card.

For 1000 damage, I feel 10% is generous.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
somehow a lot of my friends that are storm on wizard101. There wild bolt never fizzles?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
10% accuracy is spot on for wild bolt, especially since you can raise accuracy for it and since it is a low pip spell it keeps with the trend of Storm for high damage and low accuracy. Raising the accuracy would unbalance the Storm school compared to the others. Each has its strengths and weaknesses, damage vs. accuracy is Storm's.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
well, it is is only two pips, and the craftier storm wizards know that they can get the cast rate of wild bolt up relatively high for a 2 pips (one power pip) cast.. if you make wild bolts with target cards you have treasures that give you at least a 20% accuracy, add on equipment and a pet that has storm torgetting and you are looking at another 10% to 20% easy enough. If you then use cast the ten percent targeting bonus before using such a card you have around a 40 to 50 percent successful cast rate with 1000 base damage. that really isn't that bad

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i understand its low pip cost, but would it be so much to raise it? like i said its damage isnt too far away from triton

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Wild Bolt is that low accuracy because of it's high damage, low pip cost, and ability to easily kill anyone. If we change it, pvp will be so messed up again.
It already is messed up with all these complaining and KI trying to fix chain stunning

Back to topic: Seriously? Wild Bolt is insanely powerful. If the accuracy was 60%, then you can just put like 7 accuracy boosts, 7 wild bolts and 7 stormblades. :?

However I dont understand why the stun spells for ice, fire and myth are 70%. :?

Survivor
May 17, 2009
The new bolt spell is so WRONG! its unfair to have such a cheap spell. This is an injustice to the game and to storm wizards. Thats their strongest spell and it has been ruined. Why don't you just hack the scales off of the Judgement spell or cancel all stunning! why not decrease the acuracy of wraith too?? Whats wrong with the Wizard101 creators?? Who's idea was it to cut the power off of such a good spell? RETURN OUR BOLT TO US!! Nobody likes the new wild bolt, even people with no storm wizards say it is rotten! OUTRAGEOUS!

Yours truly,

Mad as all heck!

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i am not too happy about the new change, HOWEVER, it is a very smart change.

1- if you're lucky, you can get 1000 damage a few rounds in a row
2- this prevents storm wizards from increasing the chance of getting 1000 damage
3-its a waste of 2 pips

i dont know what to say, the spell is kind of back and forth