Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redo storm school's minion "water elemental"

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The water elemental has got to be hands down the most useless and worst minion in the game. It is for storm school and yet its only attack as a water element is death school, and then its a very weak ghoul card. Why would storm school want a minion that casts a death school attack to begin with. As storm school, I want a minion that casts myth attacks as the conversion goes from storm to myth, so those myth shields are necessary to be broken. The water elemental costs three pips to cast, doesn't attrack any attacks until three turns after it is cast and then uses only one half off triple shield that is largely useless as everything tends to attack with spells that that minion doesn't have up. So the minion costs 3 pips, does nothing until 3 turns after cast, tends to live a couple turns on average, and attacks with a spell type that has absolutely nothing to do with storm school.

Not to mention that if anyone casts it in pvp play everyone gets annoyed by it as it is totally useless and takes a lot of time.

Everyone tends to have a lot of different types of blades anymore which seems to up everyone's damage. It is about time that the gawd awful minion of the storm school be updated and changed. You don't have to change how it looks, just what it does. If it is meant to draw attacks, then give it both sets of triple shields and let it attack with some sort of myth attack. The minotaur minion casts a storm shield and taunts and has all sorts of strong attacks, as such the minotaur does everything the storm minion does and does so better and also does so much more.

It would be nice if water elemental had the other triple shield, or a tower shield, and if it is going to use death magic then make include vampire, though I'd prefer a myth attack instead and sprite.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Agree this is one useless minion. A permanent Rank 1? At least make it Rank up when your wizard levels. 700 hit point minion going against close to 1k hp elites and sometimes 5k or more hit point bosses in the upper levels? It only makes sence to fix this minion.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
I have to agree that the water elemental is mostly useless. There were changes made to it not all that long ago, but it is still defective.

It does have the ability to give me protection and give me the fairy for giving back health points. But by doing so, it no longer attacks in any way.

The biggest problem that I find is that for the most part, the stupid thing continues to protect itself and gives the fairy to itself while I am being completely killed off by whatever I am fighting.

Tonight I was in the Labyrinth, called up my water elemental and it spent most of the time giving itself the fairies 6 times in a row and the protections and only taunted once while I just got battered. It is definitely a waste of 3 pips when the odds are it won't help me.

I have no problem with its small amount of health, but if it is going to cost me 3 pips I should be able to expect more help than it ever gives during a battle.

Historian
May 15, 2009
what your not getting, is the fact that its SUPPOSED to rarely attack or not attack at all
its job is to shield, taunt, shield, taunt etc
its job to is take the heat off your storm student if going solo

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I think it is fine the way it is. I am level 35 just starting Mooshu. My minion has saved me more than once. He was very helpful in the introductory battle to Mooshu against the Storm guy. He drew fire and healed me until I could attack.

Megan

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
I am fully aware that the water elemental is not there to act like another player. I also understand that its supposed to taunt and protect.

My problem with it is that it very seldom taunts at all and it is always protecting itself and healing itself.

Its pretty useless when it won't taunt, so it hardly ever gets attacked and even if it doesn't get attacked it should at least give me protection and health more often than it does, which is closer to never. The way it is now is not taking any heat off of me.

I have spent most of the game going solo and much of the time I have to go completely solo because I find I have a better chance using those 3 pips giving damage or protecting myself instead of wasting them on the elemental.

If we are given elementals to help us in a solo game, then the odds that the elemental will give some sort of help, any help at all, should be improved.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah, I think that it should look like the water elemental in the Color-Me pages, and should be able to cast some healing spells and all the storm spell that you learned before you got it.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
You guys are going way to far! It is fine the way it is and 3 pips aren't that many! You guys are too picky! It is nice to me! Sometimes if you tell it what to do, it does it! Just leave it alone, it already has enough to deal with! :x

Survivor
May 30, 2009

if you think that the schools are in balance then you might want to look at storm minion, a completely unrelated minion if it actually used storm attacks and leveled up then it would be better. its so useless that i keep it out of my deck. i mean, who makes a stormminion use only onedeath attack and nothing else but elemental shield and taunt. are you trying to get us killed? storm is known for high attack and low health so i think you started with the right idea with a minion who taunts and heals but forgot to add levels and storm attacks. HE ONLY USES ONE STORM SPELL!!!!!!

angry thoughts of Austin Jadespear level 35 storm