Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

CHAIN STUNNERS SHOULD BE BANNED?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I know that most people who do 4v4 pvps know that sometimes you will run across Chain Stunners. Now if you dont know what chain stunners are listen carefully. Chain Stunners are pvp 3v3 or 4v4 teams who have at least 2 fire or myth ppl. They do the stun all spell on the other team so they can not even move over and over again until their storms or high attacking wizards can finish you off. This is not how pvp should be played and I think that their should be some punnishment for doing this. Do you think their should be?

EVERYONE IS COMMENTING OFF MY FIRST POST KEEP READING BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I don't think this should be a banning thing. :? After all, you can do it to, it's just a strategy they made to easy wins. and if every fight they do that, they will get bored and stop to do something different. :-) if you REALLY don't like them doing that, then just don't do quick pick battles, actually take the time to consider your enemies strategies by the schools in their team. 8)

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
KI is fixing this,With putting FOUR shields on the stunnee.Thus making it harder for chain stunners to make the stun actually go through.So the amount of turns spent getting those shields off,will probably kill them in those amount of turns. (4)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
dcredindy wrote:
I know that most people who do 4v4 pvps know that sometimes you will run across Chain Stunners. Now if you dont know what chain stunners are listen carefully. Chain Stunners are pvp 3v3 or 4v4 teams who have at least 2 fire or myth ppl. They do the stun all spell on the other team so they can not even move over and over again until their storms or high attacking wizards can finish you off. This is not how pvp should be played and I think that their should be some punnishment for doing this. Do you think their should be?
i dissagree

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
dcredindy wrote:

Never!

Think of it this way...
If you used your best card to win a pvp match, should we punnish you?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Survivor
May 26, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
sparks123454 wrote:
KI is fixing this,With putting FOUR shields on the stunnee.Thus making it harder for chain stunners to make the stun actually go through.So the amount of turns spent getting those shields off,will probably kill them in those amount of turns. (4)

sh np ki said that they had a problem on the test realm that that is happening that not really gonna happen I:

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Kingsisle's newest anti-chain_stunning plan has one MAJOR flaw... Myth wizards... with these new stun prevention system, myth will only become more common in 4v4 chain stunning. Sorry KI

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
I think you should not be BANNED for this but i do also think this should be changed

like getting less tickets each time you use stun

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Actually, i figured out a way to still chain stun even with the four stun shields so it isnt gone for sure however most people will stop because they cant figure out a way. and i disagree with people getting BANNED for playing with cards that are in the game. i mean if KI is desprate they'll take away stuns.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Ok so that means that myth will finally have the upper hand in 4v4 when we use orthrus and other schools get deducted tickets for using their good spells making myth the better school! XD HAHAHAHA!! 8) :-D

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I know it annoying, But i heard people are gonna do
"Chain Fizzling" When 2 fire people use Smoke Screen but i didnt beleive that wont work since some people dont fizzle <_<

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
I got a solution.

Here:

1v1: a stun will give 1 shield

2v2: a stun will give 2 shields

3v3: a stun will give 3 shields

4v4: a stun will give 4 shields

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
dcredindy wrote:

Why should they ban someone for a spell that someone owns? It is the luck of the cards. Its not like they can cheat just to get the stun over and over and over. You can only have it so many times in your cards. If it was cheating then, yeah, I could see banning someone.

But it is not and it was a luck of the draw. It is a legit spell and if they want to use it then they should be allowed to use it. The point is this, change your own strategy when you go in. I have had to change my strategy when going in and facing monsters because the game gives them more advantage than I get with my pips. You have to think to win.

And I have done that many times. I had to second guess myself on all my spells just to win with a beast. Thinking should I use the heal spell or try and take em out? Sometimes I chose write. Sometimes I chose wrong. Sometimes healing leads up to your death. Just a prolong fight when I could have chosen a card and taken them out then. Sometimes I chose to fight and lost when I should have healed and likely have won. This is the same case with you guys. You just have to plan more wisely.

So unless, they are cheating you need to leave it alone and quit whining. Pick better players and even more fire people for your group. They are using a legit spell and should be left alone.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
dcredindy wrote:

NO WAY THEY SHOULD NOT BE BANNED I think they should just take stun away and find out how many points and arena tickets they got by chaining and take it all away. I have to admit it is a good startegy, but its NOT FAIR. All they do is stun and the other team cant do anything but pass. If you get chained in 3v3 and there is a storm, tell ya what. WAIT WAIT WAIT! All you have to do is wait for them to pass on stunning for lord and wait for the storm fizzle and then you got a chance SEE CHAINERS CAN BE BEATEN

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
dood123456 wrote:
That's crazy to even conjure an Idea like that.
Oh well I dont see you posting any idea's!

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
STOP!
Here is a better idea that i think everyone will like, instead of extra shields that make stun useless for the rest of the battle, but can still be easily taken off by earthquake, why not a more foolproof solution.
How about a one turn stun remover, just a little thing like the damage over time thing that circles around your feet but instead of dealing damage for 3 turns, it removes stun for one. It activates after the original one turn of being stunned and if anyone tries to chain stun, the stun is just taken off by the stun remover right before the person's turn.
Simple and would end chain stunning without loopholes.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I saying that something has to be done about this. I know KI trying to fix the problem which means that they dont want this to happen. How can you make a strategy against something you cant defend

Even if you went first you cant kill all 3 in a single turn.

Once i was in a 4v4 and we got chain stunned and we told KI about it and the people got suspended. So we know they arent supposed to. I dont think we should get rid of stun because like everything else its part of the game.

And you say its the luck of the draw, well you do know that you can empty the rest of the cards out of your deck, or as most people do, make enchanted cards of them and use them as treasure cards.

I do agree now they should not be banned, but if you think about it its just not fair. Do you want pvp's to be like that?

Survivor
May 10, 2009
dcredindy wrote:

I dont think they should be banned but they should take that stunning thing away from pvp i think. i was just in a pvp 4v4 an i didnt get to hit 1 time cuz they stunned every round :[ not very fair i think

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Of course it should be banned. It is cheating not a strategy, not letting your oppenent have a chance is not fair. But oh well it is going to be fixed at 6:00 A.M. So sorry Chain Stunners your so called "strategy" has failed.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
It is very annoying how people will chain stun, but somehow, when i am pvping with a bunch of friends if the other team chain stuns then uses lord, it only takes maybe 3-5 pts away in ranked. It does do something to pvping though, i asked my friend to pvp with me in a 4v4 and they said, "No they can chain stun." I mean to not want to do pvp in fear of being stunned isnt fair.

On the other hand if the people are desprate to become warlords i guess thats what they will do. Its true that it is a fast and east way to win but whats the fun.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Look, chain stunning is 100% fair, but is almost 0% allowed. WHY? People like you guys, who can only complain because you aren't chain stunning. I have a soloution to chain stunning! Do it yourself! If you guys would stop complaining about a good strategy and make a good one of your own, maybe you would actually start winning! alright, just calm down, you guys are ruining a very valuable and good strategy that a very clever person created. Why don't you use it yourself? make a fire or myth guy, and level him up to stun, and then shazam! get your group assembled and take them down! but nobody is willing to take the to to use the strategy, and instead is gonna waste that time complaining about it. I'm all for that strategy, i love it, any way you can win, but everyone esle doesnt appreciate winners i suppose. After the dust settles with chain stunning, and whatever solution is made (hopefuflly retunring things to normal) there are going to be people complaining about judgement and chain shielding and what not. Just use whatever way to win you can, and use it!

Survivor
May 20, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Look, chain stunning is 100% fair, but is almost 0% allowed. WHY? People like you guys, who can only complain because you aren't chain stunning. I have a soloution to chain stunning! Do it yourself! If you guys would stop complaining about a good strategy and make a good one of your own, maybe you would actually start winning! alright, just calm down, you guys are ruining a very valuable and good strategy that a very clever person created. Why don't you use it yourself? make a fire or myth guy, and level him up to stun, and then shazam! get your group assembled and take them down! but nobody is willing to take the to to use the strategy, and instead is gonna waste that time complaining about it. I'm all for that strategy, i love it, any way you can win, but everyone esle doesnt appreciate winners i suppose. After the dust settles with chain stunning, and whatever solution is made (hopefuflly retunring things to normal) there are going to be people complaining about judgement and chain shielding and what not. Just use whatever way to win you can, and use it!

I agree

You lose oh well get on with it face another group and keep trying. yes any stun card is annoying to be used on you and fun to use against but THATS THE POINT OF THE CARDS GET OVER LOSING ITS JUST A GAME! You dont need to complain and complain it is a 100% fair but some people can not handle losing you dont need any stunn shields from the beginingbecause if somebody (fire, myth, and ice) and they want to stun nothing to do with chain stunning well guess what THEY CANT because of all you above me and many more people who are complaining i lost i couldnt make a move OH WELL move on with your life its not that important to win 100% of the time and what yellow said is 100% true there is always a strategy/card that people wont like. Soon after chain stunning is gone do to the many people who are complaining about strong spell because your lvl 13 and they are lvl 50 what should they ban lvl 50's from the arena then they will start complaining about judgement, and storm lord, and scarecrow, and dragon what so you dont want them using good cards and stop well who cares they got those cards fair and square and used those cards fair and square there is nothing wrong with it you lost oh well move on with the game if its a quest or another PvP match if you want to avoid chain stunning do a 1v1 or a 2v2

You lost oh well.