Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please do something about Storm Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
As you all know, Storm wizards are useless in PVP. Most of the other classes have 1 weakness. They all have good accuracy, a lot of life and medium damage (let's say). Supposedly their weak point is strength. Fire wizards have 2 weaknesses. Low accuracy and low possibility of survival (little life). Storm wizards have very little chance of survival (little life), high inaccuracy, and a minion that does absolutely nothing. Every other school's minions help in any battle, pvp or pve. A lvl 50 storm wizard struggles tremendously with a lvl 25 balance wizard. I know the argument is that storm wizards have high damage. But really think about it, the amt of times that the storm wizards fizzle plus the amt of shields and lifes of other wizards, storm almost doesn't stand a chance. And everybody knows it's true. I prefer a storm wizard either with a little bit more life or more accuracy and medium damage. Thank you.

ps: Storm wizard minion definitely needs to be fixed.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Storm wizards work fine. I have a GM Storm and he almost never fizzles. He does quite well in PvP also. And yes,he also beats many a balance wizard before someone brings up that they are too powerful again. I have played every class. Each one being different,and having their own set of strengths and weaknesses. You just have to be able to adapt to the differences, and learn to best utilize their strength,while trying to fortify their weak areas. If you are having difficulties,keep trying and adjust your strategies. I promise you that there is a solution.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Storm Minions are useless in pvp but great when at bosses because they distract the monsters to attack them instead of you. Helps keep you alive.

-Talon LifeFlame
Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
ScarletFireStorm wrote:
As you all know, Storm wizards are useless in PVP. Most of the other classes have 1 weakness. They all have good accuracy, a lot of life and medium damage (let's say). Supposedly their weak point is strength. Fire wizards have 2 weaknesses. Low accuracy and low possibility of survival (little life). Storm wizards have very little chance of survival (little life), high inaccuracy, and a minion that does absolutely nothing. Every other school's minions help in any battle, pvp or pve. A lvl 50 storm wizard struggles tremendously with a lvl 25 balance wizard. I know the argument is that storm wizards have high damage. But really think about it, the amt of times that the storm wizards fizzle plus the amt of shields and lifes of other wizards, storm almost doesn't stand a chance. And everybody knows it's true. I prefer a storm wizard either with a little bit more life or more accuracy and medium damage. Thank you.

ps: Storm wizard minion definitely needs to be fixed.

I give my regards,but many storm wizards can pull through.
Say you had a storm,2 life,and ice they would last a very long time due to ice's health, the life's healing capabilities, and the storms tremendous power. So Storm is not completely useless in PvP,it is simply adequete with PvP.

Regards,Blaze Skyfist

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1) While most other schools don't look to their clothing and accessories to boost health, storm must, and this will bring the health into the range of the other schools.

2) You are grossly overstressing fizzles. You do not burn the pips, so they are there the next round. So if you fizzle your 3 pip spell (~350 dam), you will then throw a 4 pip spell (~500 dam).

The statistics of fizzling at 70%:
fizzling one spell in a row = 30%
fizzling two spells in a row =9%
fizzling three spells in a row <3%

What the math says is that you cast a 'freebie' at 3 pips, and who cares, because you know failure at casting two in a row is the same as life casting one....but you get an additional benefit as a storm, 'cause if the 3 pip hits, you are doing as much damage as the 4 pip life, but a round earlier.... and if you both cast a 4 piper, you do a lot more damage (as much as his 6 pip spell).

AND if you use your spells correctly, giving yourself a 10% accuracy boost, you would be casting at 80% then 70%, or a 6% chance of fizzle...better than life with more damage.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
heh... the only person who thinks STROM should have more perks when it comes to pvp.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
The statistics of fizzling at 70%:
fizzling one spell in a row = 30%
fizzling two spells in a row =9%
fizzling three spells in a row <3%

I am sorry but this information is in accurate at best, no offence. I have a Storm Wizard almost capped out in level. Ever High Damage Storm Spell will FIZZLE 99.9% of the time. Resist on Storm NPC's that cast a Storm spell on you will ALMOST do full damage even if you have a Resist damage sheild up, and they did not give a boost damage buff on a storm spell that they hit you with. I had 6 Wild bolts in a row FIZZLE on me. 3 Tritons in a row Fizzled out. 2 boosted up damage out put krakens in a row FIZZLE on me, and 3 in a row Boosted damage out put tempest spells FIZZLED on me.

If you boost damage out put on your wizard like mad, and if you go up against a Storm Npc your storm spells are useless to them. regardles of Buffed deffence shields or not. The Storm NPC will resist any storm spell you throw at them and barely do any damage at all. So what we have? We have a Storm Wizard that can not use any High Damage spell cards do to the extreme FIZZLE rate of each card, with very little resistence of any storm spell casted on you, and very little deffence of other schools that you face off with, and High damage cards in your deck that you can rarely use.

* Shrugs * Either KI should just get rid of the Storm School permitly. Storm Wizards are utterly useless in PVP or PVE, because Storm Wizards have High damage spell cards that never work most of the time.

Or just fix the broken Storm School Wizard.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Most storm wizards have items that give them accuracy boosts. They fizzle as much as normal death. The only spell with accuracy boost that will fizzle most of the time is Wild bolt. but i have seen a lot of storm wizards use it with sucess and most warlords are storms. I watched a match and the game ended in to rounds due to wildbolt used twice on a grandmaster.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
I don't really like Storm due to the fact they have Wild Bolt. I don't reaaly think it is fair when they use it in PvP, they have really high accuracy and rarely fizzle. Well that's my thought.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
i have a lvl 23 storm wiz and when i got the deafet nirini family in krok i did it all by myself and i was about lvl 15 or 16.
storm is awsome to me :-)