Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waiting until the level cap is raised?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Hey folks,

Wanted to ask for some thoughts and advice. My Life wizard just hit lvl 49 and will be level 50 before I get the quest to defeat Mallistaire. Should I stop playing (and work on another char) and wait for the level cap to be raised? I don't want to waste XP. Or is it nothing to really worry about.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I would like to know the answer to that question too. I have 2 grand wizards now and working on a third wiz now. When do we get to start advancing past level 50?
Most Grands are bored now, and we want to start getting xp points again!
Please let us start working on quests again that we get xp points for :D
Soon :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
narlethotep wrote:
Hey folks,

Wanted to ask for some thoughts and advice. My Life wizard just hit lvl 49 and will be level 50 before I get the quest to defeat Mallistaire. Should I stop playing (and work on another char) and wait for the level cap to be raised? I don't want to waste XP. Or is it nothing to really worry about.

As you have 6 possible characters per account, why not just start another?

To answer your question, I stall most of mine in DS now...and with the proposed changes in DS quests, this will mean even more XP once the changes go into effect....

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
The quest the defeat Malistaire, The Final Countdown, doesn't give you as much Experience as you would think.

- 2,420 XP, plus the badge for savior of the spiral

Celestia will probably have a ton of quests, so it is nothing to be worried about.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I have the same dilemma. I have yet gotten a straight forward response from anyone.

My first grand did a lot of helping others and farming. Plus she did ALL her side quests as she went along. She got to level 50 while she was still in the Drake Hatchery. She never even got the egg for the battle drake. So for the main story line she still has that to do, plus Viktor, then the small quests in the Forum, Kraysys, Father Drake, and then Malistaire. That is a lot of fighting and experience points. Not including the side quests for those areas. Plus she still has Grizzleheim to do, as well.

Now she can go and do all of these right now and all of those experience points would go down the drain. But the question is: Does the level cap get raised when Celestia comes OUT or when you GET to Celestia?

If it is when it comes out then she can wait and do them then. If you have to get to Celestia before your level cap gets increased then she needs to start working on her main storyline then.

Zeke, Can you please answer this for me?

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I have always granded up by the time i get half way through crystal grove and then tossed xp just to get to the rest of the way to malistare.

I have intentionally even ignored side quests and still granded up half way through the forum.

I had thought about stalling until the level cap. And although i am glad i am not the only one that mis interpreted the phasing of the new spire i gave up and decided to toss the xp for several reasons.

First once you grand life goes downhill fast, Although there are two grands they I have i dont ever want to delete but in the same token they arent as fun as when they were leveling, questing for xp and seeking new spells.

Second, I am very confident that, like spell points, there is plenty of opportunity to gain xp that you can rise to the top well before the final battle in celestia so saving them now is basically robbing yourself of the quest experience.

Finally it would be nice if they arbitrarily raised the cap to 100 and like bringing a pet to epic you crawl your way there by fighting and well basically fighting is only xp you get once you finished all the quests. And if they did that should still follow the spell point schedule that is already established. Of course it wouldnt really mean new spells for your school but more training points for spells from other schools. That way people who tend to level early from extra curricular activites (i.e. helping others and getting xp for fight if not from quest too cause dungeons sometimes get strange with that).

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Thanks all for the thoughts and further questions. I suppose that it might be a moot point since there will most likely be more than enough xp in Celestia to go from 50 to 60. On towards Mallistaire I go, I suppose. :D