Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.
today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?
when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?
make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.
or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.
balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.
i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.
forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt. if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Wow just what we needed,a post about Judgment being unfair. I can't believe no one else thought of this topic already. To be serious though, in my humble opinion, it is not over-powered. There are plenty of ways to defeat Balance, you just need to think and adjust your strategies. Don't rely on others to help you either. You were intelligent enough to make a coherent post, unlike some others,so I am sure you can devise your own plan for defeating a balance player.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
I AM SO SICK OF SAYING THIS. Balance is not-overpowered,And did you notice that without judgement Balance would be nothing? Hydra is not very good even though it has good hits.So i'm guessing that everytime someone gets defeated by a balance now,They are going to complain on here. I am really getting tired of these posts,have you had a chance to look at the other ones? Those are exactly the same as this one. So stop making this the "Balance Complaint" Board.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
When I am doing pvp in arena as my grand life wiz, I got tired of being killed off in one shot by a huge judgement spell. I have found the only thing that offers a tiny bit of protection is a bunch of absorb shields. Regular shields won't help you, and tower shields are easy to knock off with one hit with a wand.
So since I can't beat them, I decided to join them. I started a new balance wiz with second school of life, I am working up the levels :D
In arena I can deal with the cheese balls, but the judgement will kill me every time.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
ok so first of all judgement is deffinetly not everpowered and look at you complaining about how powerful it is when yourin storm.....THE SCHOOL WITH THE MOST POWERFUL SPELLS...... Gosh all we need is another person like you to complain about how overpowered are spell is.....look at some of your spells lets say like um.....stormlord?,triton,hmm and tempest maybe? if you complain about judgement then look at it from a balance guys point of view, how would you feel if you got spamed with triton or windbolt.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
seriously, another topic on judgement being unfair again, make a strategy not just put a bunch of cards in front.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I loled at the fact when you said you were a Death wizard and then continued to go on to say chain stunning was fair. xD First of all you said you had the 25% and 30% weakness that you put on them. Excuse me for saying this but apparently you forgot about your 20% weakness on your death as well. Second death isnt suppose to have super OP spells, death school is meant for survival, hence the damage and heal aspect. Another thing is you not having good strategy. Hmmm balance puts a few traps and has no a blade, yet not full pips.... how about a sacrifice! takes off all the traps and makes them even more weak, AND heals you even if you dont need it. If you said you had all these treasures weaknesses and shields, there is no way they would be able to hit the 2k on you (My death has that with full arena gear).

Just to clear things up, chain stunning doesnt allow you or your opponent to do anything... while judgement you have about 7-8 turns to completely ruin it for the balance. Its not OP. It comes down to your lack of skill in defending yourself against balance. OH and before i forget. LEARN YOUR SCHOOL AND ITS SPELLS AND USE THEM TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.

That is all!

...................*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
..................¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
................(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)

Work this time siggy! (crosses fingers)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
a school that is supposed to be a middle of the road on everything school should not have ever been given the highest 1v1 attack in the game, balance has all sorts of things going for it and the damage of judgement is totally unfair when it can't be dispelled, shielded against, or otherwise stopped from one hit killing

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'd say if you want balance to keep judgement and keep it at the damage per pip it has now, that all that needs to be done about is would be to make it so no support cards can help plus up its damage. Or at the very least second school increase to attack cards should not plus up the damage on balance school card attacks (keep in mind that balance was crafted so that they can best use cards of any school, so only those other school cards should be able to be plussed up with damage coming from a card such as feint, any such plus up would make balance unbalanced).

Explorer
May 22, 2009
RiskYourLife wrote:
while judgement you have about 7-8 turns to completely ruin it for the balance.

Actually, i already said this on a different topic, balance shields and shields and shields while they are gaining pips, then they keep getting boosts every so often, and keep shielding, so no, that is not right. I aggree, balance is fair, 90%, because these 3 50% shields take a real big chunk out of your attack. 600 becomes 300. They basically are getting 3 tower shields, just with a targeted school. The only school that isnt affected by this is, in fact, balance.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I haven't heard one legitimate complaint about balance in this thread. Chances are that these players suffer from poor strat or poor deck construction.

A great death player can beat a balance quite easily. Of course, it would require them having to...I dunno, actually know how to play.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
I haven't heard one legitimate complaint about balance in this thread. Chances are that these players suffer from poor strat or poor deck construction.

A great death player can beat a balance quite easily. Of course, it would require them having to...I dunno, actually know how to play.

the number one thing I have learned from pvp is that there are a lot of really bad players in this game

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Very true. That's what happens when your average player is what, 11?

If we removed "mommy can I borrow your credit card?" from the English language, Wizard City would be a ghost town.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I disagree, judgment is a strong spell, but it takes a lot of time to charge up, then when a balance casts it, they have to start all over. I'm a necromancer and, i'd say, facing balance, I have a 50-50 win lose chance. They're main win that makes them amazing in pvp is their Elemental and Spirit shields. Those, when stacked, force me to waste pips, and/or traps and blades.

However, balance is balanced. A lot of them only use weakness to defend, and those are easy to get rid of. I use non death wand attacks to take care of those weaknesses. Also, I make it a point not to rely on all school blades and traps. That way, I can wand, without wasting blades and traps I spent time and sometimes pips casting. So, stop blaming balance, and focus on ways to beat them. Form a strategy, or just stay out of pvp.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Kill balance while they wait for enough pips. Use earthquake, get reshuffles, make them fizzle. Judgment is their only good spell, and look, the quest for that spell is a bit unfair, eh? Look, they stock on shields, you just use a tower shield or weakness. Steal their blades and shields, remove the shields and blades.
Without judgment, my balance character would have been deleted and forgotten, or an unused wizard just sitting in the corner.
Oh, just attack after getting a strategy, and boom, no more balance wizard. It is that easy. (Well, actually quite hard....) Or if your death, just as said before, use sacrifice when you have all of those traps. (Spoils the attack. Trust me, I know.)
If your balance, here's a fun little tip in arena:
Stock stock stock stock some more then... RESHUFFLE!!!

And if your storm just wild bolt them or use triton. Trust me you won't regret it.

This message brought to you by:

Flint Legendsong: Level 48 Sorcerer
Dakota Nightgrove: Level 50 Necromancer
Scot (i forgot his last name ) Level 1 theurgist

Defender
May 09, 2009
k ill tell you the same thing i told everyone else that has posted this SAME TOPIC

suck it up and figure out how to fight better.

k balance has a lvl 42 spell like the rest of use only its weaker that a spell that comes around before it.

sound familier?????????????????? yea storm gets its strongest 1 hit spell before lvl 42 (triton) take a look at the rest of balance is pretty dang weak this is coming from a lvl 50 balance and storm.

because balance is mostly weak (its mediocore but very close to being the weakest school) it needs its lvl 42 spell sooner.

my storm is nearly full gear (just need athame) and yes all the other schools exept storm are in the 2,000 range of health and we are way down there. but thats because if your in need of a quick fast hit thats 700-800 or so you get your 6 pip spell you dont need any blades or traps.

now the shields they put up are below 75% protection its like 65 or 50% (pls pls pls correct me if i'm wrong i havent used my balance guy in over 6 months)

so you can just power through them easy. just full blade and trap. leave out windstorm trap and that like just over 5,000 half of that is 2,500 that will bring them close to death and if they are smart they will heal which sets them back 3 or 4 pips depending on what spell they use. in that time you can quickly get your 3 power pips use the non pip cost blade and trap and boom dead.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I started a balance, and Judgement gives me lots of kills ONLY if you know how to use it right.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
My storm has over 2200 health, tends to die about last in game play and the arena so I typically feel safe tanking it for damage (drawing attacks away from the other players, cause I see them die where I don't cause I can handle storm hits and will toss up some shielding and heal if I have to). Sure, I see a lot of storm players under 2000 health, but I typically just think they are bad players that haven't a clue what they are doing.

As to balance, in multi-person pvp, I'm not seeing balance casting judgement that much at all, and when they do they barely power it up for its huge damage potential. The reason why they don't is that their pips are typically going towards other cards that helps out the team more by taking damage off of everyone and lowering casting percentages. This means the main people who complain about judgement evidently are the ones who are entering into 1v1 pvp matches. As storm, I prefer 3v3 and 4v4 matches cause my damage and cards are more suited for mass attacks and mass damage across the board. Although I disagree with the 1v1 power of judgement for balance school that is supposed to be a middle of the road type school, I'm just not seeing its devestation in 3v3 and 4v4 matches.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:
My storm has over 2200 health, tends to die about last in game play and the arena so I typically feel safe tanking it for damage (drawing attacks away from the other players, cause I see them die where I don't cause I can handle storm hits and will toss up some shielding and heal if I have to). Sure, I see a lot of storm players under 2000 health, but I typically just think they are bad players that haven't a clue what they are doing.

As to balance, in multi-person pvp, I'm not seeing balance casting judgement that much at all, and when they do they barely power it up for its huge damage potential. The reason why they don't is that their pips are typically going towards other cards that helps out the team more by taking damage off of everyone and lowering casting percentages. This means the main people who complain about judgement evidently are the ones who are entering into 1v1 pvp matches. As storm, I prefer 3v3 and 4v4 matches cause my damage and cards are more suited for mass attacks and mass damage across the board. Although I disagree with the 1v1 power of judgement for balance school that is supposed to be a middle of the road type school, I'm just not seeing its devestation in 3v3 and 4v4 matches.

Wait are you saying that all of my grandmaster storm warlord friends are terrible players that don't have any idea what they're doing? And what about all my other storm friends, they're awesome at this kind of stuff, but they have less then 2000 health.
And balance isn't a bad school it isn't mediocre, it is very powerful and can be devastating because of the shields and the lack of defense for balance style attacks. And in 3v3 and 4v4 it can be used to knock out the storm character or the life character or whichever is the strongest. (faced a magus balance guy the other day with a 3v3. My balance character was demolished, despite of his defense, and this just proves that balance is devastating and my friends couldn't even attack because of the amount of shields.)

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
ENOUGH!!! I'm sick of hearing about complaints that people need to get rid of certain spells. You have strong spells of your own. If you hate this so much, don't do PVP. I would probably be more insulting, but this is a moderated board.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I like how everybody keeps talking about this persons death and how to be balance with a death, but he's talking about his storm! and somebody posted a way to beat balance with a death, even though this kid is talking about balance against his storm!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
alright you think balance is to strong then make a balance and see if it's overpowerd.

coyle ghost hammer level 42 master necromancer
luke sky walker level 14 initiat balance

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
You are so cliche', complaining about judgement, I think that topic ended a few months ago. Get over it

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
bqsto wrote:
alright you think balance is to strong then make a balance and see if it's overpowerd.

coyle ghost hammer level 42 master necromancer
luke sky walker level 14 initiat balance

i know they not so strong when they not level 28 and are not very good when they are not in the arena. but if balance are in the arena and they are higher then level 28, they are just so strong. they are too good. they pretty much always win. you guys are best at 1v1 anywhere and if your level 28 or over. the best time to get to warlord without losing to judgment noobs is when you are level five. everything is very fair when you are. no over powered spells. just you. so it is very even chance of who gonna win.