Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heck Hound Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
I have noticed two things with the heck hound. 1, Everytime I cast it, it just stands there but when somebody else casts it, it does what it does. 2, even though it's meant to do 125 damage per pip through 3 rounds, I had 4 pips and it still did 125 damage. (Number 2 bother's me more) :?

P.S I hope i'm not the only one who has this problem

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I seldom use the card because it is just too situational. Were you casting it on a fire type creature?
I think that even if you use a prism, the resistance of the target is taken into account before the prism so its not good against fire.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
Another thing to keep in mind with this spell is shields, traps and debuffs.
If you have a fire blade it will boost each hit from your hound, like wise if you have the debuff that reduces your damage by 20% it's going to take off 20% for each hit.
If the enemy has a fire shield the first hit will remove it leaving him exposed to the second and third unless he casts more.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
OK yea there must be something wrong with it. I cast it last night with 12 pips and it only did 450 per round.

Survivor
May 26, 2008
I just got this spell as well it reads 120 per pip over 3 rounds, I casted this spell with 6 pips and it only did 150 over 3 rounds

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
You guys may be reading or understanding it wrong. Remember that it is 125 Per Pip over 3 rounds.

That is not 125 per round. If you cast it with 12 pips with no modifiers that is

125*12 = 1500 /\ That 1500 is divided over 3 rounds.
1500/3= 500 Per round.

This doesn't take into effect any additions to your attack damage, or negatives from their defense. Nor any additions from traps blades and shields.

So if you were hitting someone with more fire resistance defenses than you have fire attack adds (Which is the norm) then 450 a round is about right.

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
damionte wrote:
You guys may be reading or understanding it wrong. Remember that it is 125 Per Pip over 3 rounds.

That is not 125 per round. If you cast it with 12 pips with no modifiers that is

1500/3= 500 Per round.

This doesn't take into effect any additions to your attack damage, or negatives from their defense. Nor any additions from traps blades and shields.

So if you were hitting someone with more fire resistance defenses than you have fire attack adds (Which is the norm) then 450 a round is about right.

Are you 100% sure about this? I mean my Storm Hound says he does 120 per pip over three rounds, but I think he only does about 80, so I don't know if that is a bug or what. I have tried to test it, but as of yet, have yet to get back to an area where I can test this out.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
damionte wrote:

1500/3= 500 Per round.

Exactly :) I think a lot of people get confused and i try to tell them this. So if you have only one pip it will do ( if item card ) 125/ 3 which is about 40 so you guys understand now? and yes i am sure this is how it is or else it would be like over powered or something lol.