Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Bosses of the Streets~ {HELP!}

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Well, we all know Firecat Alley, Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane must be defeated. But do I have to beat all the sidequests? I've beat Kraken in Triton, and Akilles in Cyclops. But do I have to do all those sidequests? I wanna know if I'm gonna continue.

Also;
Should I do the sidequests for experience?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 41 Master Thaumaturge)
Paige FireBlossom (Level 9 Apprentice Pyromancer) {She's the one fighting the bosses}

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Wizard101 gives very little experience for random battles ("leveling up" in the old RPG's). The leveling system is almost perfectly aligned to give you the levels you need as you encounter storyline enemies as they come along----provided that you do the side quests.

You'll probably want to do all of the sidequests. The experience points that you get will keep you at the right level to gain spells, health, and mana needed as you progress in the game. Not doing side quests will leave you underpowered, which will make the game more difficult throughout, unless you always go with a group.

Also, the side quests reward you with some gold and drops to help you buy the better equipment that the game has to offer.

You can skip all or most of the sidequests, but when you finish Malistaire, you'll be around level 46 and 47. To reach level 50, you'll just have to go back and do all of those quests or spend triple the same amount of time doing random battles.

As another note, some of the storyline quests during the game require that certain previous side quests be done

Note that Grizzleheim doesn't need to be done at all in order to advance at the right experience levels.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Well, sidequests are optional. Once you beat the bosses on each street, you can move on. For your second question, I HIGHLY suggest doing sidequests for more experience, even more so when starting a new world. I only did one fight when I first got to Marleybone, and from doing those quests i went up an entire level, only from talking to people :D.
So, in short, you don't have to do them, but they give a LOT of experience.

Luke Redthorn, Level 29 Thaumaturge, and 4 other wizards not worth mentioning (highest other level is 8... :().

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
colagada wrote:
Wizard101 gives very little experience for random battles ("leveling up" in the old RPG's). The leveling system is almost perfectly aligned to give you the levels you need as you encounter storyline enemies as they come along----provided that you do the side quests.

You'll probably want to do all of the sidequests. The experience points that you get will keep you at the right level to gain spells, health, and mana needed as you progress in the game. Not doing side quests will leave you underpowered, which will make the game more difficult throughout, unless you always go with a group.

Also, the side quests reward you with some gold and drops to help you buy the better equipment that the game has to offer.

You can skip all or most of the sidequests, but when you finish Malistaire, you'll be around level 46 and 47. To reach level 50, you'll just have to go back and do all of those quests or spend triple the same amount of time doing random battles.

As another note, some of the storyline quests during the game require that certain previous side quests be done

Note that Grizzleheim doesn't need to be done at all in order to advance at the right experience levels.

Ah, yes, I bothered to do some of Grizzleheim on my level 41 wizard, but I'm not going to anymore.

Anyways, thanks~ I'll probably beat the bosses, then go to all the streets and do the sidequests. C: