Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharing Pets from Gift Cards?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Help! I got a gift card for Father's Day (yes daddies play too) with a free pet. When I went to see how to redeem it, I saw the following:

"Make sure you accept the Gift Card pet on the correct character on that account, as we will not transfer pets for you."

Does this mean we cannot trade pets among our wizards through the shared bank? Are they "no trade"? I have 6 wizards and don't necessarily know which wizard will benefit best from that pet. Please help if anyone knows the answer. Thanks!

The warning on the Gift Card redemption states the following:

The entire value of the Gift Card will be added to [your account name]'s account. It cannot be moved to another account.

Gift Card pets can be placed in the Shared Bank and moved between characters on your account, but items cannot be traded between two different accounts.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I hope that some day soon this can be changed, I mean it would be fair to share your stuff only to those on the same account. I do wish to give my son some stuff that I know he will enjoy.

xlordt wrote:
I hope that some day soon this can be changed, I mean it would be fair to share your stuff only to those on the same account. I do wish to give my son some stuff that I know he will enjoy.

Trading of items other than Treasure Cards will not be a part of Wizard101. We have given players the tool Gift items from the Crowns Shop - for more information on Gifting, please see the Players Guide

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 01, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
xlordt wrote:

Trading of items other than Treasure Cards will not be a part of Wizard101. We have given players the tool Gift items from the Crowns Shop - for more information on Gifting, please see the Players Guide

awww man! oh well hehe thanx Zeke!!