Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Closed chat channels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
I think it would be good if we had closed chat channels where we could not see other players chatting.

While playing with some younger players I know some female inthe game was yelling" Does anyone need a girl" and "would anyone like to flock me"
now I had to explain these comments to my younger friends.

We need a private chat channel or maybe group channel where you only see chat from your group.

Groups already have their own private chat channels. Please see the Players Guide for more info:

Grouping helps players stay together when battling or travelling to a new area. When you join a battle, there will be spots reserved for your other group members if they are travelling with you in the same area. They will be asked if they want to join your combat. If so, they will be teleported to your battle. A reserved spot that you see in the world may be for someone in your group or for a different group.

To invite someone to join your group, click on them and this will open your Friends Panel. There you will see the option to Invite to Group.

Now that you're in a group, you will see a new Group section to your Friends List. You can leave a Group at any time by clicking the Leave Group option on the Group section of the Friends panel.

Groups can chat on a Group Chat channel that no one outside the group can see. This text will be show in blue in your Chat Window.

Also, one of the most useful tools we have in the game is the Ignore button on the friends list. This button prevents a player from sending you messages and prevents you from seeing anything they type.

If you really don't want to see any chat, you can turn off the Chat Bubbles and close the Text Window, but that can be a very lonely game experience.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Ruflle wrote:
I think it would be good if we had closed chat channels where we could not see other players chatting.

While playing with some younger players I know some female inthe game was yelling" Does anyone need a girl" and "would anyone like to flock me"
now I had to explain these comments to my younger friends.

We need a private chat channel or maybe group channel where you only see chat from your group.

She has quite a life ahead of her. xD

James ThunderFist, the lvl 27 Thaumaturge formally known as Jimmy.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I agree and I like the idea of groups but I think that we should be able to create more permanent groups, so that when we logged off we didn't have to recreate groups.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Yes they tried the whole world chat and other stuff, months ago in a test realm and it was horrible.