Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck in the Portal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Ok, I just need to know if anyone else has gotten stuck in the portal to Necropolis, lastnight I was on my Grand and went to turn in a quest in Necropolis when I hit the "X" to port I got and error "Failed to load zone"

Well, I tried all night to get in the game but can't, I tried right before writing this and still can't, My Girlfriend can see my in the game and port to me when I get that messege but all I see is the loading screen and the error Popup, Any ideas what I can do? I've already sent in the ticket on it, I guess I just sit back and wait now huh....

yep, I'm still stuck and its been almost 24 hrs

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
BillW71 wrote:
Ok, I just need to know if anyone else has gotten stuck in the portal to Necropolis, lastnight I was on my Grand and went to turn in a quest in Necropolis when I hit the "X" to port I got and error "Failed to load zone"

Well, I tried all night to get in the game but can't, I tried right before writing this and still can't, My Girlfriend can see my in the game and port to me when I get that messege but all I see is the loading screen and the error Popup, Any ideas what I can do? I've already sent in the ticket on it, I guess I just sit back and wait now huh....

Yep Still stuck between Portal, anyone going into Necropolis, be careful, this might happen to you too

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
:( I am stuck in a dungeon, sent the ticket in finally contacted me and stated they got the little gremlin. I am still stuck in the same place my page will not open. so I am now messing around in the test realm until I hear from them again. sad all the work I am doing in test realm won't count when I eventually get into the regular game.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
elektra431 wrote:
:-( I am stuck in a dungeon, sent the ticket in finally contacted me and stated they got the little gremlin. I am still stuck in the same place my page will not open. so I am now messing around in the test realm until I hear from them again. sad all the work I am doing in test realm won't count when I eventually get into the regular game.

So you're in the same situation? I've never had that problem in this game, I don't know why it happend now, I finally got to the quests to fight Malastaire and now I can't do it because of some messed up Portal bug, and yep it's been almost 2 days now and I still can't get on him cause I have the same error popping up "Failed to load zone!!" Will they ever fix it or did I just waste all my time reaching lvl 50 for nothing? hmmm, I guess only time will tell huh. it would be nice to even get an e-mail from them, and I haven't even got that yet.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
:( I've been stuck for a week, they have contacted me, saying they got the gremlin. I think they got the wrong one.. lol I am still stuck!

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
elektra431 wrote:
:( I've been stuck for a week, they have contacted me, saying they got the gremlin. I think they got the wrong one.. lol I am still stuck!

Yep, I guess thy missed it on you and forgot about the one I have, I sent them screen shots of my Character in the class so they can see the name, plus I've sent them a screen shot of the error messege I'm getting,
I STILL haven't heard anything thing from them, kinda makes me wonder if I have to give up on him now...

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Actually I am having a slightly different problem with the necropolis portal: It won't show up! Have the quest to visit necropolis but can't get in. Maybe they broke it when they got you out! I put in a ticket. Certainly hope they fix soon as I want to advance with my balance wizard so I can buy the GH house!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
Actually I am having a slightly different problem with the necropolis portal: It won't show up! Have the quest to visit necropolis but can't get in. Maybe they broke it when they got you out! I put in a ticket. Certainly hope they fix soon as I want to advance with my balance wizard so I can buy the GH house!

If this is your first visit to the Necropolis, you can't go thru the portal.

Read the dialogue in your quest log for "visit and explore the Necropolis". It says something about using the double doors with the dragons on them, at the back of the Plaza of Conquests. After that quest is done, then you can start using the regular portal.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Someone told me to do this...
1) Log out of the game.

2) Go into your Game folder -> Data -> GameData -> view by details to find the wad file of the area that's giving you angst. (i.e. WizardCity-Interiors-WC_SchoolLife.wad) If you are trying to enter the Life school.

3) Delete that wad file.

4) Log back into the game. It should launch without the gremlins.

idk if this works because it didn't have MooShu-Jade Palace for me (that's where i'm stuck. I can't believe no one has resolved this problem) so just try it out. Thanks :]