Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes are underway in Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Based on the feedback of many of our Wizards, we have taken a long look at Dragonspyre and made some minor adjustments that will ensure that the world is fun and challenging both for players who play in groups, and for those who play solo.

Living in a lava filled world has had an effect on the residents of Dragonspyre.

*the health of many creatures has decreased
*the experience rewards have been increased
*fewer creatures will need to be defeated to meet quest requirements
*fewer items will need to be collected to meet quest requirements
*several of the gauntlets have fewer rooms

We feel these changes bring Dragonspyre more in-line with the difficulty to reward balance of the other worlds of the Spiral.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Based on the feedback of many of our Wizards, we have taken a long look at Dragonspyre and made some minor adjustments that will ensure that the world is fun and challenging both for players who play in groups, and for those who play solo.

Living in a lava filled world has had an effect on the residents of Dragonspyre.

We feel these changes bring Dragonspyre more in-line with the difficulty to reward balance of the other worlds of the Spiral.

THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was annoyed that you have to beat malistare for 2450 exp. and that some bosses had 5000 health i know what the %&@#
so meh final message

THANK YOU

Alex StarBreeze
Level 50 Ice

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Wow Tangoberries!

Will it decrease rank color?

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...

Autumn Jadeheart Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I agree with fish111. Anyone can get through DS with help from some friends. I hope KI doesn't give in to every single whiny player that crys "This is too hard!" I enjoy the challenge of the game so please don't dumb it down any further.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
Really, like some others think you didn't have to do this much I finished DS with not much of a problem with friends it's not very fun when you solo everything you may get it done faster but you didn't need to do this that much. This is the only thing i had a problem with every other update was great to me. Hope the new world will come out soon :D

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I have beaten Dragonspyre 3 times, so the Quests don't really bother me. But thank you for "dumbing it down" a little bit. Some of the item collection Quests have gotten really annoying. For example, I had to get 4 textbooks from Terrorwing Warlocks, i think they were called. I went to the exact place on my map where their picture was, and when I finish battling 3 of them (I had a friend with me), I got nothing. This is the only thing i have a problem with.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Guys, they aren't just lowering the difficulty to make it easier. KingsIsle is also lowering the difficulty so future worlds don't have to be IMPOSSIBLE.

Thank you,

Megan Frostweaver Level 47 ICE- Beat Dragonspyre!!
Kymma Level 20 FIRE- Questing in Krokotopia.
See YOU in the Spiral.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Not Fair at all. We grandmasters who had to suffer through Dragonspyre for months and they get a way lower diffuculty? Not fair at all! Please give us something extra because we deserve something for doing all that hard work while people can beat it in a day. /flameshield on.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
o wow thats really sad i grandmaster and i HATED THE DS TOWERS!!! and now i find out i didnt have to go through all that pain? man that stinks

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
OmgItsJake wrote:
Not Fair at all. We grandmasters who had to suffer through Dragonspyre for months and they get a way lower diffuculty? Not fair at all! Please give us something extra because we deserve something for doing all that hard work while people can beat it in a day. /flameshield on.
i disagree for to reasons. 1. it will be easier for our other wizards to do dragonspyre. 2. it will be easier to help our friends who have just started dragonspyre. no offense. but i think it is in everyone's best interest if this goes through. easier ds towers? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. and while your at it, plz allow players to port into towers so that friends can help? if so, add 2 THANK YOU's to the list of them up there. if not, i am still happy! :D :D :D :D :D :D

paul ironflame, level 49 pyromancer, master of fire 8)

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm... I'm not in DS myself but I wanted to comment about KI! KI you do an EXCELLENT job on this game -- you even listen to our whining of Dragonspyre lol

If we don't like it, you change it. It really is great how much attention you put into the Message Boards!

And I've never been to another Site with a better reporting system ;)

Keep up the good work!

Molly Magus Sorcerer Questing IN: The charming and colorful Marleybone!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
it is bout time some one makes dragonspyere easier. well at least i can acutually beat some stuff and yea see you some where in the spiral
ANDREW SKULLFLAME LVL 46 OUT

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
SERIOUSLY?!?! LOL I had just finished the last quest in dragonspyre to defeat malistair and now the changes are underway? now i am stuck looking for sidequest in MS,MB,and all the other worlds i guess it will be a lot easier now for my balance and storm wiz
ZACHARY THUNDERDUST LVL 48 MASTER OF DEATH

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Just want to add what an awesome job you guys at KI are doing. Dumbing down DS, yes, a little late for some of us, but personally, I agree that it needed some tweaking. I hope it's not "easier" per se, but with the less floors in the towers, timing is everything. Some towers could take hours to do, and especially the dungeons where if you have to leave, you have to re-do it which can be a real pain. So, having shorter dungeons will probably reduce the "I give up" rate, and for those of us who are already Grands, all the more reason to go in and enjoy them for the gear again, rather than roll our eyes saying to ourselves, have I got enough time to do it?
Good job KI! I LOVE Wizard101.
Destiny Spiritgiver, GrandMaster Theurgist :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I have to say that I'm disappointed with the fact that things keep getting made easier and easier. I didn't find DS that hard (Yes, I solo'd everything but the spyre. *Glares at crystals and draconian*) on my death, and am to the labyrinth on my storm. I did not find it at all hard to solo, it's just finding the right way to do it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
tweety469 wrote:
Just want to add what an awesome job you guys at KI are doing. Dumbing down DS, yes, a little late for some of us, but personally, I agree that it needed some tweaking. I hope it's not "easier" per se, but with the less floors in the towers, timing is everything. Some towers could take hours to do, and especially the dungeons where if you have to leave, you have to re-do it which can be a real pain. So, having shorter dungeons will probably reduce the "I give up" rate, and for those of us who are already Grands, all the more reason to go in and enjoy them for the gear again, rather than roll our eyes saying to ourselves, have I got enough time to do it?
Good job KI! I LOVE Wizard101.
Destiny Spiritgiver, GrandMaster Theurgist :D

I think you are you right on making ds easier and the giving up rate too.
with my predictions the "I up rate" should go down since the tower would be shorter
Blaze Shadow, Grandmaster Pyromancer or Master of Fire 8)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have to disagree with all the people who post here and say how great Dragonspyre is now after changing. I have one Grandmaster and three masters in DS and believe me, it has not gotten easier, especially in the dungeons (Labyrinth). After cutbacks on health for storm and fire, and with all the fizzes, cheats and weakness's throwed at you, you run out of health before you can beat any of the boss's. It's a shame that my grandchildren are crying because they can't beat this area. This is supposed to be a KID friendly area, not for someone who wants a little more "challenge". Now its all about the crowns, buying health and henchman to help you beat a boss. What a shame, this use to be an enjoyable game by many. I for one will not spend ONE MORE CROWN, and believe me I've spent A LOT, I don't enjoy this game at all any more. And don't tell me to go somewhere else if I don't like it, why don't you GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and play a harder game if you want the challenge. Remember: KID FRIENDLY

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
phoenixburner wrote:
I have to disagree with all the people who post here and say how great Dragonspyre is now after changing. I have one Grandmaster and three masters in DS and believe me, it has not gotten easier, especially in the dungeons (Labyrinth). After cutbacks on health for storm and fire, and with all the fizzes, cheats and weakness's throwed at you, you run out of health before you can beat any of the boss's. It's a shame that my grandchildren are crying because they can't beat this area. This is supposed to be a KID friendly area, not for someone who wants a little more "challenge". Now its all about the crowns, buying health and henchman to help you beat a boss. What a shame, this use to be an enjoyable game by many. I for one will not spend ONE MORE CROWN, and believe me I've spent A LOT, I don't enjoy this game at all any more. And don't tell me to go somewhere else if I don't like it, why don't you GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and play a harder game if you want the challenge. Remember: KID FRIENDLY

Well it's not like they made it harder! And I made it through DS without using crowns, I just played with some friends. It's not honestly that hard and you don't have to be rude about it. I'm sorry but that's just how I feel and if you disagree then I'm sorry.

Angela BlueCloud
Level 48
Life

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Well, AJObabygirl, not all people have friends to help them at certain hours so you were lucky to have someone help you. But things have changed in certain areas of DS such as dungeons (Labyrinth). The grandchildren are finding it a lot easier to play now since there was a CHANGE and I can actually Solo this area with my minion. Thank you KingsIsle for making this area more player friendly and keep up the good work. What also makes this area easier is if you have the right schools for your character with a lot of healers (to solo). Thanks again KingsIsle. :-D

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Does the final Malistair quest still require more than 1 person or has that changed so someone can solo it?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009

thank you thank you thank you now :) :-) :D :-D :P :-P ;) ;-) i can finish dragonspyre faster.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
reddyredbear wrote:

thank you thank you thank you now :) :-) :D :-D :P :-P ;) ;-) i can finish dragonspyre faster.
YES FINALLY! Thank you soooo MUCH!! We all really appreciate the fact that you all did this for us!! Thank you so much! And I believe that this will make wizard101 easier to accomplish than b4!!! THXXX!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
May 18, 2010
I made Grandmaster and did it solo with the exception of Malistaire which I refuse to do anyway. The changes are a good idea because I really had difficult times in some areas which took a long time. I have the personal satisfaction of doing it all myself and not riding on the coat tails of others then bragging about how you did it. So I am glad to see the new changes for others which will afford them a better experience in the game.