Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I disagree of banning noobs in DS. Why? because they PAY for going there, and they just ether want the XP or they want a bit of sightseeing Also, i agree on the: Allow to join battle?. It is pretty smart to do that, very smart! So no more ripping up your hard earned traps on wand spells.

DavidShadowWalker Level 29 and 28.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I agree and disagree. Well Noobs Play there best to become strong and feel amazing once they know they taken a big bad DS creature. they think they are good, but really, without the backup Grand Master At there side, Well you know-Things wont turn out well. Once they taken there first DS Monster they move on to quests, they ask you for help, you do the work Etc etc. Thats How THEY level. They think if they Skip WC KT MB and MS Storyline they will be better; but secretly, storyline is what makes you strong, patient, cooperative Etc. Noobs Have There own way of leveling as do we. We all were that one little annoying noob somtime in the past, But look at you now.

That About Raps It Up. So Here's Edward Night signing off. Later

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
milo10000 wrote:
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

I agree with that you can't block them completely but some kind of restrictions should be placed on low levels in ds and the new world of celestia they should be placed on celestia before it comes to the real game world they should only be allowed if someone with a higher level asks them to come to them or agrees to allow the port

Defender
May 10, 2010
I agree somewhat with your petition. I think wizards that EARNED dragonspyre can be in or if they are helping a friend. I call for help from my low level friends and they help me. But other wise I agree 100% with your petition.

Kristen Silverstone level 24 Thaumaturge

Defender
May 10, 2010
I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

I agree partway. I like the allowing someone to teleport to you but I disagree with "Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there in the first spot."

Kristen Siverstone level 24 Thaumaturge.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
lexi3223 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

I agree partway. I like the allowing someone to teleport to you but I disagree with "Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there in the first spot."

Why

Alex Dragonbreaker
(finally) Grandmaster
Storm

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
i agree and disagree as well. i think that noobs should be allowed to port to ds because they do pay for going there, but i also think that we can't complain because A:We were all noobs at one point in time and B: We can turn off the ability to port to us

Cya in the spiral,

Seth B.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

i think your on my friends list. do you have text chat?

Seth B.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I agree this seems to be a problem because, low level people in ds is just no fun to me. first of all, they wont understand the story line if there already in DS. It also wouldnt benifit them at all besides the exp. They would get high level clothing and not be able to use it. (Vincent level 48 necromancer)

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
mychiller wrote:
I agree and disagree. Well Noobs Play there best to become strong and feel amazing once they know they taken a big bad DS creature. they think they are good, but really, without the backup Grand Master At there side, Well you know-Things wont turn out well. Once they taken there first DS Monster they move on to quests, they ask you for help, you do the work Etc etc. Thats How THEY level. They think if they Skip WC KT MB and MS Storyline they will be better; but secretly, storyline is what makes you strong, patient, cooperative Etc. Noobs Have There own way of leveling as do we. We all were that one little annoying noob somtime in the past, But look at you now.

That About Raps It Up. So Here's Edward Night signing off. Later
Well said

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
milo10000 wrote:
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

i mostly agree with this idea of allowing so and so to to port to you if you allow it. but this can be a prob too :|. if this goes into effect, there WILL be people who abuse it somehow. you can always turn off your friend ports on the options menu to keep ppl from porting. i dont like seeing noobs in ds, in any place thats to tough for them for that matter, anymore than you do. but REMEMBER THIS!!!! if you think of noobs as people who have no idea how to fight or what the world is even about, think again. i have allot of "noob" lvl char and one grand. there could be low lvls out there who have higher lvl char too. i know how to fight and not waste traps or blades if i can posssibly help it. other noob lvls might too. you never know. and you could always tell them to flee or not attack enemies with feints or other traps on them. and for those who wont listen... just flee and let them deal with the high lvl enemies and bosses.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
milo10000 wrote:
lexi3223 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

Why

Alex Dragonbreaker
(finally) Grandmaster
Storm

if the peep in the first spot decides who joins or not, you can bet your bottom there will be people who abuse it. duh . i not kristen silverstone btw lol.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
The noobs in DragonSprye are making me mad too. I wish you could go to the options screen when you press the Esc button, you can make it where if you want people in your battle or not.

Grandmaster Pyromancer Cody FireHorn

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
lexi3223 wrote:
I agree somewhat with your petition. I think wizards that EARNED dragonspyre can be in or if they are helping a friend. I call for help from my low level friends and they help me. But other wise I agree 100% with your petition.

Kristen Silverstone level 24 Thaumaturge
your not in ds yet

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
If I am in a battle, and a much lower player jumps in. I check a few things. How much health do they have? If it's less than 1000, not good. Do they have text chat? If they do, I type "Hi". If they respond, I click the text and take a look at their stats. If they turn out to be a level 17 wizard, I simply let them die. Is that wrong? NO. If I was a level 17 wizard and bounded in uninvited to a battle between a grand master life wizard and Gurtok Demon in Dragonspyre, where I have absolutely no right to be at level 17, I would expect to die. Stay in the world meant for your level. It's polite, it makes sense, and you won't die.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I know this is a long running thread, but i'll state my opinion anyway. My friend irl helped me through most of the game. As soon as i became a master, every low level person would teleport to me in the middle of an important quest. I don't know about you guys, but i had to EARN my way into ds, so why should some noob that thinks he is better than the rest of us get a free ticket to experience? Just like in the tree of life, my friend's noob friend ported to him every time he turned a quest in so he would get xp and lvl up. Its bot our job to put up with all the enemies and bosses so the lower level people can come in and take away our rewards. it isn't fair!

Taylor Lifebringer
Level 52 Life

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
i read through the entire topic again because i thought this one was the one i posted on earlier, but wanted to check so i knew what strategy i was going to post on here with (i wanted to know what to say or if i had already said it)

I understand noobs destroy your traps, get your items, and totally screw up DS, but its the game. If someone ports in and they are your friend, and they screw up the traps, remove them. If someone elses friend teles in there, well there is nothing you can do about that so live with it. If you end up blocking DS, or Celestia in that case now you lose some of the good "noobs" who come in. I used to go to DS a lot when i was in the low 20s and early 30s. Why? Well I was a storm life combo, but when i ported into DS I changed my deck so all I had were life spells (mostly healing ones), blades, and traps. I would help people and yes take up spots in their battles, but i never once got yelled at or told to leave cause i helped them. I would heal them when they died, and I would cast blades to help there spells once i knew what school they were. Would you like blocking someone like me off from DS?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

NO you are not noob. Someone like lvl 12 in DS is annoying.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Any level-based restriction will not work out, simply because there are good low-levels who like to play with their friends.

One weakness of the battle system of Wizard 101 is: if you meant ill and you want to mess up someone else, you could always do so. The most egregious of them all is probably joining and fleeing, leaving one extra mob. There are extreme differences between two mobs and three unless you're overleveled for the area. Until one day either a) this becomes a reportable offense or b) the battle system is somehow changed so this is no longer possible, there will always be battles ruined accidentally and intentionally. A level 40 could ruin your battle just as easily as a level 20; me myself has heard "I don't need this mob" as an excuse.

I have had little trouble with newbies joining my fights, since I just Tempest the extra mob altogether; however some level 1s fooling around in DS, pulling an extra mob and breaking feints and expecting the level 40s do all the work and sometimes killing the team does sound very unacceptable to me. This is a hard line to draw, and I wish Wizard could have GMs to handle this case by case, though this is unlikely as Wizard has way too many servers and battles going on at any one time.

If it's my own friend, me myself adopt the "No Mercy" policy: join and flee, or waste my buffs too often, then it's deletion time. Pick only the friends you enjoy being with. As for others' friends... real devastation just doesn't happen all that often, occasionally they delay the battles, which happens rarely enough that I don't get particarly angry about it. I do ask them why they flee, and ask them not to do it again. Though I acknowledge the possibility that some players simply want to annoy and utilize others.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

I agree. This wold help A LOT.
Taryn Dragonsong

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i tootally disagree i have allot of characters i have to accounts i love having my noobs in high world lvl because i lvl them up faster there :)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
no now its "NOOBS in Celestia"
all noobs just stay in the world you are in ok

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
nightofnostars wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
lexi3223 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

Why

Alex Dragonbreaker
(finally) Grandmaster
Storm

if the peep in the first spot decides who joins or not, you can bet your bottom there will be people who abuse it. duh . i not kristen silverstone btw lol.

The person in the first spot only decides if they join if they are below a certain level. If you are above that level, they can't stop you from joining.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Ok i do strongly agree with what you are saying with the low leveled wizard going to dragon spyre because it does make the game harder.But, havent we all teleported to stronger wizards at one point or another?Havent we all been weak at one point. We didnt just receive a level 60 wizard from KI.But that also means we have earned our way to worlds such as dragon spyre.So my points to this are two very important ones. 1.We need to stop making fun of low leveled wizards.We where once one to.2.they should stop worring about higher places and should focus more on wizard city.

that is all i have to say and i hope it helps

Valerian SpiritBlade Level 60 balance wizard

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

are you saying that anyone magus and below is a noob, if you are i find that inpolite and plain rude :x

-mark thunderheart, legendary pyromancer