Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
As far as I'm aware there are no rules forbidding lower levels playing in higher areas.

I never said there was. But there is a world access game rule called quest progression/spiral keys. It's meaning and points have been reiterated through several admin posts. You should really take the time to read them. People who do not have access to realms via quest progression are simply circumventing the rules. It wouldn't even be a problem if everyone did as they were supposed to,but alas they do not. Some of these same go on to cause a plethora of problems for others,and that's where the problem lies. Nothing anyone enjoys here gives them free reign to cause problems for others. That is why this activity has to be curtailed. Surely you are not suggesting to keep a problem that causes disruptions for so many simply because you enjoy it?
Let's also expound on yours and others opinion that "you have the right,because you pay" theory. Well why stop there? Let's just get rid of all the "spiral keys",and the related quests,and let anyone port anywhere unrestricted.What a great experience that would be. Unrestricted low-levels everywhere.Who wouldn't want that? I can't see how that would make the problems any worse,can you? In fact, let's just get rid of levels and schools also. Everyone should be able to cast any spell from any school,regardless of pips,whenever they want. What a truly great gaming experience that would be.
Hopefully my small attempt at levity has allowed some cognizance to seep into your opinions. On the surface what you want may seem to be a good idea, but if you take the time to reflect,you might see the reasons why it isn't. Game rules are in place for a variety of reasons;seeking to circumvent or find ways around them, are usually just a bad idea.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
I've been playing since beta and I have never been aware of any such rules. The storyline has always been linear, and gameplay has always been flexible enough to allow many different players with many different styles to enjoy the game in their own ways. When the game exploded overnight, it is this flexibility that so many people said they loved about it.

I have several level five characters on several different accounts whose gameplay consists of crafting only. They don't play a PVE game at all and never will. There are no rules prohibiting this, and it does bring great enjoyment to those whose play styles do not wish to be limited to a linear PVE-only dictated play experience. Crafting in DS and Grizz are amongst my favorite things to do in the game.

I am not the only person who plays in this manner, I simply have an awareness of it because I am one of those that do. Treating the game as if it is PVE only, and saying that everyone else has to play in a way that suits the purposes of some, takes the flexibility of choice away from all. And that goes against the spirit of the game, IMO.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
look sometimes they go there to elp friends if you dont like just switch realms or area.i am a life wizard level 35 my name is wolf lifeblade

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I have to say i have been to DS and my character is only level 21. I went saw how tough it was and left. I knew i wasnt ready for it. But some kids do not understand that. What I do is whenever i go into a fight situation i always past a mark nearby so i can teleport back if i do lose. (which happens a lot) sometimes you do not know when you are going to get attacked so yes you do not post a mark but in the case of a boss i do. If some of you people who complain about this did post a mark near that you could flee the battle, let the lower level players lose and just drink one of the potions that restores your health and mana and teleport to your mark. Besides i have been hearing a lot of you on this thread complaining about how they got this and they got that from a boss and you only got some really bad item. What i see is most of you farming the bosses. so let the apprentices have it and just go back and farm the boss again for the 21st time. Yes they mess up your traps and strategies but when (if) they get to DS and they see lower levels doing this then they will fell this way to. It is all in the game.

I know I am only a level 20 but i have met level 12-15 idiots in grizzleheim who just mess up my traps and strategies to and it annoys me but its the game.

Blaze DragonCaller level 21 Diviner

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
yea its so annoying.
I met some grand who was "getting paid" to give tours of the worlds. I was like "wow thats sad" then HE said get lost noob." I just put him on my ignored list. Then i run into his group again, and they challenge me to a pvp. "Ok, i would beat you considering your magus ice." I said. That completly ticked him off. He said to meet him in the commons to see how many grands i have. He brought his group again. This time he brings his noob friends. I bring my family, (who are all grands.) I'm not even kidding he tried to friend me!!!!!!!!!!11 Plz, dont let these noobs into worlds there not supposed to be in.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Well i have a Grandmaster that was in MB clothes for a while and i was doing DS quests.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I agree having noobs in DS is annoying but believe or not you get used to it or if they have text chat try teaching them to use their spells so that it helps you rather than harm i've taught a noob or two myself and i gotta say it pays off when they finally go grandmaster. i think doing this is more of a selfless service teaching new players how to use their school and let them branch off of the basic knowledge you gave them to develop their own strategies

Chase Stormsword
Grandmaster Diviner
Aedan Dawnglade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
I am lvl 31 and still in mb, but I've ported to dragonspyre a few times and once helped my correct- lvl-for-dragonspyre friend beat a boss she hadn't managed to beat on her own yet and I was only lvl 27 at the time! She said my being there made it much easyer! :D I have remembered that ever since and whenever I get in battle with grandmasters, I never use there traps. I just heal and give out shields and blades.

Yours, Kimberly thunderheart, magus diviner

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I never said there was. But there is a world access game rule called quest progression/spiral keys. It's meaning and points have been reiterated through several admin posts. You should really take the time to read them.

From Gamma on the Quest Progression & porting-
"A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber."

People who do not have access to realms via quest progression are simply circumventing the rules.

Sorry people are NOT "circumventing the rules" by porting. You CAN go to any world at any level by porting to a friend. KI did not restrict the ability in any way. From the Players Guide found on this website under Help & Support.

"Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

It wouldn't even be a problem if everyone did as they were supposed to,but alas they do not. Some of these same go on to cause a plethora of problems for others,and that's where the problem lies. Nothing anyone enjoys here gives them free reign to cause problems for others. That is why this activity has to be curtailed. Surely you are not suggesting to keep a problem that causes disruptions for so many simply because you enjoy it?

People all play the differently. The vast majority are thoughtful and polite. The minority is rude and immature. Nobody can force anybody to be polite and thoughtful. Level restrictions and restricting porting won't. There will still be rude immature doing all the things that bug you. Character level is NOT the problem here. Peoples BAD BEHAVIOR is the problem.

Let's also expound on yours and others opinion that "you have the right,because you pay" theory. Well why stop there? Let's just get rid of all the "spiral keys",and the related quests,and let anyone port anywhere unrestricted.What a great experience that would be. Unrestricted low-levels everywhere.Who wouldn't want that? I can't see how that would make the problems any worse,can you? In fact, let's just get rid of levels and schools also. Everyone should be able to cast any spell from any school,regardless of pips,whenever they want. What a truly great gaming experience that would be.

Man please calm down! No need to go overboard. This is a GAME. It is annoying to have people running a muck in higher level worlds but, at the end of the day no REAL harm has been done. A battle is longer. My character dies (oh yes that annoys me to no end) because someone joins a battle at the wrong time. But, my character gets health and I do it over again in a quiet realm.

Hopefully my small attempt at levity has allowed some cognizance to seep into your opinions. On the surface what you want may seem to be a good idea, but if you take the time to reflect,you might see the reasons why it isn't. Game rules are in place for a variety of reasons;seeking to circumvent or find ways around them, are usually just a bad idea.

I recognize porting is a deliberate part of the game. Just as crafting, PVP and pets are. It has no restrictions placed on it by KI.

Quest progression on the other hand does have restrictions. You must do quests in a certain order to unlock worlds. People are trying to make porting the SAME as quest progression. It is NOT. It is separate and different.

Megan F

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010

I TOTALLY agree. I havent earned the right to go to ds but I am a magus pyromancer and my friends ask me to port I never port to them when they dont need help. But when I am there my friends seem to port to me and take my traps and my friends. I just had this happen the other day. It really making me mad. But if you have a low lvl friend the always ports to you and you delete them, they just bug you for a while until you add them again.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 37 pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
This seems a bit over dramatic. I've teloported to friends in dragonspyre before i could go. They never got mad. In fact one time they thanked me! so you should block teleports on your gameplay options.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
i agree i mean not because their noobs they dont know how to play we were noobs once and the problem is its getting on my nervs when i gotta keep helping noobs do quest fight boss monsters i mean sure we dont own wizard 101 but i think it will be best not just for us for the lower users and i still wonder how do they even get here :?

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Let it be known this door swings both ways. Last night I was the "Victim" of a player breaking feints and traps with wands and 1-2 pip spells.

This person was also a Grandmaster.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I been seeing the same problem with new people in DragonSpyre. Now that world is for people who have gained the level or earned the right to be their and do the quests. Now for a new person to just jump over their and be their without even going threw the steps to get their is not right. That just makes the idea of going threw the places and learning new skills and growing in level before you take on much harder objectives. Now new people can be good somtimes if you got no grand on to help you but most of time they just make stuff take longer and harder. Like one time i was about done killing drakes and one runs up and makes it take longer by adding more monsters then he invites his buddy what are low levels. Now thats not right. One thing tho that makes me sick is a lot of people now a days dont know the meaning of the word noob. People think it means new person well that wrong. A noob is a person who is new to the game and thinks their all that. In other words a jerk new person.
I do agree that low level should be kept out of DragonSpyre until they have reached the required level done the quest to get their. I hope this helps ^^

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
The label Noob is not someone who is new to the game and thinks they are that as you so put it.

By definition, a Noob is:

An alternate spelling of “newbie,” which refers to an inexperienced person, particularly in the gaming community but also in other online venues. Noob can be used in a friendly, teasing manner, such as one experienced gamer saying to another, “You played that like a noob,” or in a derogatory fashion as a general insult. Other spelling variations include “newb,” “n00b” (using zeros), and “nub.” Generally, the further from “noob” one gets in spelling variation, the greater the intended insult.

The blame really cannot be placed with KI for this. Lower level wizards get into higher areas by porting to someone on their list. If you are a higher level wizard adding extremely lower level wizards to your list then you are just asking for trouble.

As a rule for myself, I don't add anyone to my grand accounts unless they are level 42 or higher. I will occasionally add a newbie to my list if I'm helping them out, but I also tell them never to port to me unless they ask first. As a second rule, if a newbie ports to me in a place like DS and then flees from the battle, they get removed from my list immediately.

The other day I was on the test realm and there was a level 29 in the base camp publicly asking to be taken into Stormriven. I made a comment that they were too low to be in CL at all. Of course that started a whole commentary from them on how they had full rights to be there. Unfortunately they are the very types of people who will probably end up getting one killed in battle as CL is not a very forgiving battlefield.

TailsZelin wrote:
I been seeing the same problem with new people in DragonSpyre. Now that world is for people who have gained the level or earned the right to be their and do the quests. Now for a new person to just jump over their and be their without even going threw the steps to get their is not right. That just makes the idea of going threw the places and learning new skills and growing in level before you take on much harder objectives. Now new people can be good somtimes if you got no grand on to help you but most of time they just make stuff take longer and harder. Like one time i was about done killing drakes and one runs up and makes it take longer by adding more monsters then he invites his buddy what are low levels. Now thats not right. One thing tho that makes me sick is a lot of people now a days dont know the meaning of the word noob. People think it means new person well that wrong. A noob is a person who is new to the game and thinks their all that. In other words a jerk new person.
I do agree that low level should be kept out of DragonSpyre until they have reached the required level done the quest to get their. I hope this helps ^^

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
this dousnt happen just in ds, i am in mb (even though i am a magus wiz) and i was going along on knights court when i see a kid almost dead. He looked like an adept and i went to help him. I got into the fight, oh look at that, he has 600 hp! He was a novice! He also got me killed after whining "i need healing i need healing i need healing! why wont you heal me! i need healing!" :x :x :x For the whole battle! I finnally said "i am not healing you bcuz first of all i cant heal other ppl enough to keep them alive and second your not suposed to be here" So the problem isnt just in ds. Oh and there are like 50 threads on this btw.

Amber Stormsong level 31

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
woopsadaisy10 wrote:
whenever I get in battle with grandmasters, I never use there traps. I just heal and give out shields and blades.

Yours, Kimberly thunderheart, magus diviner

If only everyone did as such. Thank you.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Yes i totally agree on this. There are WAY to many low levels who dont have the experince we do in ds. There should be a lvl ban for all those under 35. I hate having my traps wasted. :(

Sloan Windthisle Grandmaster Conjurer

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.

So what "magically" changes between level 29 and 30 that stops a player from being a noob?

By the way I am a grandmaster pyromancer

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
I totally disagree! I can see why you're frustrated but it's just something that people can ignore. Once me and my sister were struggling in DS (it was a dungeon, not sure which one) and the only person online to help (friends list) was level 20. We invited her to help us and she was really helpful, we got hrough the dungeon fairly easily. By doing this we allowed her to level up by two levels, so both parties benefitted.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
I disagree I invite low levels into DS to fight with me. I have severl low level friends and some of my famiely is low level. I have six wizards in all and they are not all high level my lowest is now 39 but I went to DS at very low levels with all my wizards because I was invited to do so. I never did jump into any fight with out asking first which is the way it should be. If you don't want a low level in there with you don't invite them turn your port off.
First wizard Melissa LifeGiver level 50 life wizard.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Haze922 wrote:
I agree it is very annoying when a low lvl who hasnt earned the right to go to ds and is still there they should not be there end of story William Shadowhammer GrandMaster Pyromancer

Well, i think low lvl wizards should not be able to go to DS. Because When their master wizards, they would be like, " Yay. Dragonspyre AGAIN."
What's fun about seeing something you have ALREADY seen? It's like you only
get a wool sweater for Christmas. WHATS SO FUN ABOUT THAT PEOPLE!?
And saying, " What the heck am i doing HERE again?" So it's no fun seeing something you have already seen

EMILY
MASTER 45
LIFE

KATHERINE
ADEPT 25
BALANCE

MADELINE DRAKE
APPRENTICE 8
ICE

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
There is a universal rule that says your rights stop where another's begin.

Okay, everyone has a right to go anywhere in the game they paid for. Everyone also has the right to complete their quests without being bothered by others.
Two way street here.

When you say you paid for it, keep in mind that anyone outside of WC has paid for it.

My rule of thumb is that if I can't handle a battle on my own, I'm in over my head and need to level up before joining in that area.
No one should have to carry your weight in any battle or be forced to deal with enemies you brought in.

In my opinion, those Spiral Keys are there for a reason. You not only gain levels by completing each world in turn, but you also collect the spells you're supposed to have after completed segments.
Each world prepares you for the next, and if you jump ahead, that makes you a burden on the players in that next world.

Just remember that when you join a battle, those other players are depending on you, too.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:
There is a universal rule that says your rights stop where another's begin.

Okay, everyone has a right to go anywhere in the game they paid for. Everyone also has the right to complete their quests without being bothered by others.
Two way street here.

When you say you paid for it, keep in mind that anyone outside of WC has paid for it.

My rule of thumb is that if I can't handle a battle on my own, I'm in over my head and need to level up before joining in that area.
No one should have to carry your weight in any battle or be forced to deal with enemies you brought in.

In my opinion, those Spiral Keys are there for a reason. You not only gain levels by completing each world in turn, but you also collect the spells you're supposed to have after completed segments.
Each world prepares you for the next, and if you jump ahead, that makes you a burden on the players in that next world.

Just remember that when you join a battle, those other players are depending on you, too.

It's refreshing to see posts based on intelligence. I commend you.