Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
I am in TOTAL agreement with this. I have seen people as low as level 1 in in the plaza. There is NO reason for them to be there. They spark on feints. Which angers every single person who uses feint. 1. It's a great trap. This card makes 1 hitting most bosses a lot easier. With high level spells. 2. Using feint puts that person in peril. So it's basically wasted by a 0 pip wand spell.

For the ones that just sit there and don't do anything they get the rewards that we get. While doing nothing to earn it. Why should I do all the work so they can sit back and get the rewards for it.

I've seen low levels get the pets in the plaza. This angers me greatly since I still have yet to get a spectre even with all the fighting I've done there. They don't deserve to get such great prizes for either doing nothing or making it 10 times harder for the higher levels.

KI PLEASE do something about this.

Llewella Nightshade GM death
Roslyn Moonthistle GM life
Rowan Moonthistle lvl 46 storm
Playing off and on since beta.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I disagree with this. I have five grandmasters and one noob as you call it. When I first started playing a Grandmaster friended me and took me to DS and fought with me. He become my mentor and taught me alot. When the fight was over I told him I would be back to fight beside him has a Grand and thanked him for showing me what I had to look forward too. That was on my first grand now. I found myself working harder to reach that goal. And by the way I did fight with him Grand and Grand it was awesome. Remember you where once a noob yourself once. And noob have a problem of entering low level fights and wiping out the enemy without giving a noob a chance.

Samantha Spiritsong

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
RyconPayne wrote:
Anytime I see anyone say "noob" or use it as an in game insult, I immediately think much less of them, and if they are on my friends list I remove them. It's just so lame and useless.

2 things: When were talking about new people "newbs" we can't say that in game for text chat. Also, noobs are noobs, a "noob" joined are fight and thought it was funny to keep wasting are traps fighting Gurtok. 2 people got the pet, he didn't and then started whining about how the game was cheating when he didn't get it.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
shadow953 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

DUDE I LOVE THAT LAST PART BOUT THE YES AND NO BUTTON AND PERSON IN FIRST SPOT YOU ARE VERY CLEVER :-D oh and i have noob friends on my storm grand because i was a noob till i reached 13 without any quest( i made it to the end of Triton) then i just battled kraken and i still have some of my noob friends added cause i am too lazy to go through my list and i am doing malistare with 3 of my friends and this storm noob ports :P my friends are all storm and he wasted my storm trap windstorm feint elemental traps and a few other boost from death and balance on a LIGHTNING BAT IT DID A GRAND TOTAL OF 623
i removed him but he stayed through malistare and Malistare was low on health in the fifth hundreds his minion used a tempest my friends and i died but my noob x-friend used a Humungofrog and won malistare :p HE GOT THE STORM ROBE I WANTED so yes i do want the idea you had with the button stuff

Post Script Jacob SpellCaster(grand storm) and Jacob Life(grand Life)

Thanks for the positive reply, dude. Check out my other post on The Dorms called IDEA 4 NEW WORLD!!!!!!!!!. I am trying to get more replies.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I love beating grands in pvp. I beat my first grand at level 24 using my own spells(I don't use treasure cards in pvp, that is for he weak). I beat about a dozen more since. I am a level 40 now and have been counted on by my higher level friends to help them trough DS and Mooshu. How good a wizard is has little to do with their level. If you are a good wizard who knows what you are doing and have constructed decent deck, it shouldn't matter what level player is fighting with you. As for those grands who have been beat by a lower level wizard in pvp, humbling isn't it?

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.

Whatcha mean that people under level 30 are noobs, one time I had to help someone in mooshu and another time I helped someone in Dragonspyre (with a boss) and I didn't die. I am only level 26 and I thought people uder level 20 were noobs.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

I have seen level 34 savior of the spiral so that means level under 30 ds

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
corniilius wrote:
I love beating grands in pvp. I beat my first grand at level 24. I beat about a dozen more since. I am a level 40 now and have been counted on by my higher level friends to help them trough DS and Mooshu. How good a wizard is has little to do with their level. If you are a good wizard who knows what you are doing and have constructed decent deck, it shouldn't matter what level player is fighting with you. As for those grands who have been beat by a lower level wizard in pvp, humbling isn't it?
well here's the thing sometimes noobs in the arena almost always used enchanted cards given to them by higher lvl friends. and thats the way me and my bro died was because of the lvl 29 dude using enchanted bolts on us. (im not saying you were just saying stuff about noobs and what they do in the arena battles) they are too chicken to even use there own cards so they use enchanted higher lvl cards like the wild bolt that killed me and my bro. its annoying and i'm glad they took that particular option off of there to trade those kinds of cards.

Daniel Stormglade Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Daniel Lotussmith Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

its cause sometimes grandmaster's noobs can port to the grandmaster's friends. so they can get more xp and gold

Scarlet DragonBlossom level 50 fire

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
This is very, very annoying. I deffently agree this needs to change. I had to work my butt off to get to dragonspyre why should Noobs get the free pass?

I am not sure whats worse, the Morons in game that bring the NooBs there just because the Noob begged Their ear off? Or all the players in game that always want something for nothing?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
milo10000 wrote:
shadow953 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

DUDE I LOVE THAT LAST PART BOUT THE YES AND NO BUTTON AND PERSON IN FIRST SPOT YOU ARE VERY CLEVER :-D oh and i have noob friends on my storm grand because i was a noob till i reached 13 without any quest( i made it to the end of Triton) then i just battled kraken and i still have some of my noob friends added cause i am too lazy to go through my list and i am doing malistare with 3 of my friends and this storm noob ports :P my friends are all storm and he wasted my storm trap windstorm feint elemental traps and a few other boost from death and balance on a LIGHTNING BAT IT DID A GRAND TOTAL OF 623
i removed him but he stayed through malistare and Malistare was low on health in the fifth hundreds his minion used a tempest my friends and i died but my noob x-friend used a Humungofrog and won malistare :p HE GOT THE STORM ROBE I WANTED so yes i do want the idea you had with the button stuff

Post Script Jacob SpellCaster(grand storm) and Jacob Life(grand Life)

Thanks for the positive reply, dude. Check out my other post on The Dorms called IDEA 4 NEW WORLD!!!!!!!!!. I am trying to get more replies.

I replied I am trying to join Aptec Galia and your world together to make a new storyline.

Anyways on Topic Yes that is a very good Idea.Sometimes I need help from that level 25 balance to blade my last Triton so I have a chance at winning.This is a very good idea since it will benefit both sides.I hope all of you Masters agree with me and other supporters in this Pyramid Quote lol.
CYA IN THE HATCHERY.

Paleospy peace 8)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
blaze10145 wrote:
corniilius wrote:
I love beating grands in pvp. I beat my first grand at level 24. I beat about a dozen more since. I am a level 40 now and have been counted on by my higher level friends to help them trough DS and Mooshu. How good a wizard is has little to do with their level. If you are a good wizard who knows what you are doing and have constructed decent deck, it shouldn't matter what level player is fighting with you. As for those grands who have been beat by a lower level wizard in pvp, humbling isn't it?
well here's the thing sometimes noobs in the arena almost always used enchanted cards given to them by higher lvl friends. and thats the way me and my bro died was because of the lvl 29 dude using enchanted bolts on us. (im not saying you were just saying stuff about noobs and what they do in the arena battles) they are too chicken to even use there own cards so they use enchanted higher lvl cards like the wild bolt that killed me and my bro. its annoying and i'm glad they took that particular option off of there to trade those kinds of cards.

Daniel Stormglade Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Daniel Lotussmith Grandmaster Diviner

I agree treasure cards have no place in the arena. Those who do rely on them for pvp are weak and have no confidence in their own spells. I too am glad enchanted treasure cards can no longer be traded. Funny story, one time after beating a Grand, he said "I would have owned you", lol. Guess I humbled him a bit.

Michael Raven Heart
Level 40
Death

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
And what if someone reaches a level and they have a school quest in ds? What are they gonna do then? DISAGREE 100%.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I disagree with not allowing lower levels in DS. It's really not like they are running rampant all over the place anyway. Most of the time there are not many wizards in DS so "taking up slots" seems quite an exaggeration to me. Someone on the first page made a good point: change realms if it's too crowded for you where you're at.

I run two accounts on two computers. I normally play with my boyfriend. When we are told to defeat 10 monsters, by the rules of the game that would mean we would have to do 4 fights of 3 monsters each for a total of 12 monsters to complete the requirements of the quest. So to avoid this, I bring in another wizard from my second account to help with the 3rd battle so that a 4th monster will join making our total monsters defeated exactly 10 in just 3 fights. I usually use my death wizard who just now reached MS ( but have been using him in DS since he first started MB) and have even used my low level balance wizard who is still in Krok to help. NEVER have I had to worry about their health and NOT ONCE have either of them gone "sad" (yeah, I pay ToonTown too :D)...even when the death wizard (who was about level 20ish at the time) helped out with Malistaire.

My smaller wizards often serve the function of shielding, trapping, and healing and maybe for that reason tend to take fewer hits.

I just personally find the smaller wizards helpful.

Apparently there is a way to block your smaller friends from teleporting into a fight. Why not just simply use it?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Orca wrote:
And what if someone reaches a level and they have a school quest in ds? What are they gonna do then? DISAGREE 100%.

There are school quests right now for Marleybone,Mooshu,and DS. You cannot do the school spell until you have the appropriate access to that area ,via spiral key or quest progression,etc. Implementing a much needed game change would have little or no effect on school quests. Perhaps before you get upset and "disagree 100 percent" in all caps,you should think of what is best for the game,and all the players who are adversely affected by the problems being caused right now,instead of your own selfish needs.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Look. I disagree with what this thread is saying.
What happens when all your friends but one are offline, and that one is a noob? What happens when you get angry with that friend when he or she ports? What do you do when they refuse to help you? What you do about them porting show more of your personality then it shows of them. We were all noobs once! We all started off as a novice! So how would you feel if you got yelled at for being exited, and wondering what that place was? A lot of you say that its so annoying when someone ports and brings another monster. So why do you feel any different when a high level brings one? You should judge someone by the size of their heart, and not what their level is. This thread is 100% pointless to me. When I was level around 29 i helped a friend get into DS. Look. Sometimes, the level 12 can be more helpful than the level 48. Think on my words. Someone posted to stop being selfish and think about what is best for other players. My ONLY comment to that is simply; Why dont you?

Chelsea Skytalon
45 Life 8)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
augaugh wrote:
What happens when all your friends but one are offline, and that one is a noob? What happens when you get angry with that friend when he or she ports? What do you do when they refuse to help you? What you do about them porting show more of your personality then it shows of them. We were all noobs once! We all started off as a novice! So how would you feel if you got yelled at for being exited, and wondering what that place was? A lot of you say that its so annoying when someone ports and brings another monster. So why do you feel any different when a high level brings one? You should judge someone by the size of their heart, and not what their level is. This thread is 100% pointless to me. When I was level around 29 i helped a friend get into DS. Look. Sometimes, the level 12 can be more helpful than the level 48. Think on my words. Someone posted to stop being selfish and think about what is best for other players. My ONLY comment to that is simply; Why dont you?

Chelsea Skytalon
45 Life 8)

As I advanced through the game on each of my accounts, I stayed in my own area and leveled up properly.
I also asked before joining fights, because there is no way to tell the amount of health the ones in the battle have left until you are in it with them.

This is common courtesy.

Now, being a Grand on two accounts, I can tell you just how frustrating and intrusive these lower leveled players can be.
To join a fight you can in no way handle on your own is the very meaning of selfish in my book. If you're not a help, you're a hindrance.

KI should seriously consider limiting porting only to those who have the Spiral Keys for those worlds.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
I agree except it shouldnt be under level 30 wizards should be blocked from teleporting into worlds using friends until they have completed all important quests (Non-Optional) in the previous world to earn access to this world.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob
i too am a magus but have been to dragonspyre many times to help friends that are GRANDMASTER due to my knowledge of the game and battle strategies. so technically, going to dragonspyre as a low level but not fighting is more of a learning experience to know what to expect. but i do support the idea of it but... i have an idea. when you reach magus status, ambrose gives you a test to see if you may teleport to a friend in dragonspyre. same goes for all the other worlds.

Matthew Seastone Level 33 pyromancer

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.
sigh i am still in marleybone. CURSE YOU MEOWIARTY

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
augaugh wrote:

Chelsea Skytalon
45 Life 8)

You have obviously not being paying attention to this thread and the many others like it. The problem is that some people don't care who their friends are,and allow them to port in no matter what and wreak havoc wherever they may. They are messing up combat,they are filling up slots needed by other wizards who are supposed to be there, they are being rude,selfish,and intentionally causing others problems. The list goes on and on. This is not a matter of opinion,it is a plain and simple fact that some are causing problems for a lot of people. The only way to address the situation is to impose some type of restriction. Dragonspyre is a nightmare to play in because of it. When Celestia releases, it will be even worse. So how about you pay attention,use the intelligence you have,and stop thinking of what you want,and think of the others who are suffering and have a legitimate complaint?

Defender
May 09, 2009
i TOTALLY AGREE. i was farming snowcrusher when 3 noobs and a storm grand master port into the battle.

i'm annoyed but i dont say anything because i dont want to be rude.

well a noob happens to be storm and he doesnt use traps or blades he just attacks. this makes me really angree. i was already mad that it had been taking me 4 hours of farming and still not get the hat ( i got it 1/2 an hour later)

so i ask them if they would pleas flee because they are wasting my traps and its getting anoying.

well the noob that didnt get in the battle starting saying why dont your flee your getting anoying. and this continues and i'm trying to stay polite and giving them no reason to report me but she is going all out.

finally i break and say ds is to high lvl a place for you, you should go back to krok or wizard city where you should be. well apparently this wiz isnt the brightest bulb because she says "no i belong in grizzleheim!" and i explain to her that its cut up into seprate level areas and she gets all huffy about it. FINALLY after the longest round i've ever had to do the boss dies and its over. so i'm sick of the noobs so i switch realms to avoid further conflict so i dont loose it and get reported.

i always stay in areas i have unlocked and not gotten a high level friend to get me their.

i would very much appreciat it if their was a level block on at least dragon spire. levels 35 and under should not be allowed in dragonspire.

btw the noobs where levels 15 and under.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

Yea I think we need to let no noobs in to any world unless they've earned the right to do it. Like I was gonna do a hard tower with my friends. We had a great group and right when i was gonna get into the circle, A NOOB TOOK IT!
My friends were to late to get out.
And they just went ahead and tried the tower with noob. Later I heard he kept messing up the traps and they couldn't tell him to stop cause he was a non chat person. :?

James Skull Weilder
Level 48 death

If he was such a noob, he wouldnt have access to the sigil in the first place.

also, why would your friends keep doing it with him anyway..

honestly, I think everything you just said was a lie.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Its not just Ds is all the worlds i once saw a initiate in Mooshu and guess how he got there he bought the place with crowns so that means he is in Mooshu and he is trying to pwn ninja pigs with level three spells not even level for I just dont want these wizards to end up dying and also its a spoiler to the weak wizards to see other worlds oh and i became level 40 today I am a master YES! :D

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
The only time this really bothers me is when they prevent a win. The first time I tried Mallistare we lost. I wondered why two of the players never helped out, then I found out one of them was only level 21! They just wanted the badge and stood around hoping the two of us higher players would win for them.

Some of these younger players think they are going to get more experience, not realizing that the best experience comes from completing the quests. Since they can't get the quests, they are really losing.