Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
I strongly disagree with this. Yes having low level wizards in DS can be annoying, if not outright confusing. It is a high level world, so know that they will probably die quickly. I have NEVER had to wait for a slot or anything of the sorts in DS. If it seems crowded, I suggest you switch realms or try for a less active time. If you go by east coast times, middle of the week morning is usually the best.

If low level wizards were not allowed to teleport to there more advanced friends then many of us may still be waiting for someone to log on and help up us past the three crystals. Just be happy knowing that they may claim to have beaten Dragonspyre at level 15, but they really haven't. When they complete all the quests and reach it, they will have to do it all over again with most of the fun surprise of a new world having been removed.

Ds is a world for high level wizards who have earned the right to be there. Ds is also a slaughterhouse for low levels who think they can take it. Any time I invite my level 17 friend to DS it is for a specific reason and it can make the fight all that much harder. I have to look after her as well as myself. She makes a good placeholder in boss fights or dungeons in case they kill me. Gives me a chance to flee, use a potion and get back before she dies without having to start a fight all over again. She has helped me a lot, so I am very much against this idea of blocking it from level 19 and below.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

I completely agree. It's gets so irritating sometimes, like you said, especially in the Plaza of Conquests. Mostly because of the Iantine Spectre that the Gurtok Demon drops. ALL the noobs want it, and once, a couple of Apprentices joined my fight, fist time they ever fought the Gurtok Demon mind you, and it was like, my twentieth time farming him, and both of them ended up getting the Spectre, and I got boots I couldn't even use.

My wizard's name is Dylan ShadowTalon, he is a level 46 Diviner, and I am completely with the idea of making a level block on Dragonspyre.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Actually, this should be in DragonSpyre section. But anyways, I'm still in MooShu but I hate when people randomly teleport. Definitely when I'm in a battle, then they join, and another enemy comes. Then they get a friend to come and another enemy comes! It's plain out aggravating.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 41
Currently in;
Ancient Burial Grounds

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I agree it is very annoying when a low lvl who hasnt earned the right to go to ds and is still there they should not be there end of story William Shadowhammer GrandMaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I agree. It is a huge problem,and there are already several active threads on this issue. Something needs to be done. Several solutions will easily fix the problem such as :
1) level restriction
2) cannot access world until you have the necessary spiral key
3) increase threat(aggro) to low-levels

These are just a few of the possible solutions.

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
paladin429 wrote:
i totaly agree some ppl shouldnt be there but im level 19 right now and i went there and i think i have just as much expieriance as u guys i was fight the same ppl alone and i still beat them but i still agree for some ppl

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

no no you are not a noob, i mean noob as in lower than level 30 so you're good.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Gah tell me about it! I am on my second character and I have a few lower friends. I'm in Plaza of Conquests and my level 20 friend ports in and got me killed :/

Oh and by the way! I got into DS from questing at level 34 and people always yelled at me that I needed to go back to Mooshu and I just told them that I dont need to cause I am just as good as they are.

-Talon LifeFlame - Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Steven - NOW a Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
well one day in ds i saw this death noob in the adept levels pwning the veteran terrorwings and the terrorwing infiltraitors o:

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
if you do not want the low levels to come into your fight just ignore them untill that quest is over :P

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.

i am a magus in krok cause i am always helping higher lvl friends in Ds.
If they did this i am sure some people would flat out quit, i would.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
garyboy11 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

I completely agree. It's gets so irritating sometimes, like you said, especially in the Plaza of Conquests. Mostly because of the Iantine Spectre that the Gurtok Demon drops. ALL the noobs want it, and once, a couple of Apprentices joined my fight, fist time they ever fought the Gurtok Demon mind you, and it was like, my twentieth time farming him, and both of them ended up getting the Spectre, and I got boots I couldn't even use.

My wizard's name is Dylan ShadowTalon, he is a level 46 Diviner, and I am completely with the idea of making a level block on Dragonspyre.

Then block friend teleports in the options menu.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Anytime I see anyone say "noob" or use it as an in game insult, I immediately think much less of them, and if they are on my friends list I remove them. It's just so lame and useless.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
paladin429 wrote:

Yea I think we need to let no noobs in to any world unless they've earned the right to do it. Like I was gonna do a hard tower with my friends. We had a great group and right when i was gonna get into the circle, A NOOB TOOK IT!
My friends were to late to get out.
And they just went ahead and tried the tower with noob. Later I heard he kept messing up the traps and they couldn't tell him to stop cause he was a non chat person. :?

James Skull Weilder
Level 48 death

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
milo10000 wrote:
I agree with you about 75%. I really agree that low levels are SO ANNOYING. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he has friends that are in ds and he can port to them whenever he wants to. He is level 24. He is a nuisance in duels, as he just gets rid of all traps and proceeds to get everyone beaten. I have about six friends who are low levels, I added them for two different reasons: 1. Because they'll need help and want to get through the game, I can help them. 2. A couple of them are my friends in real life. Low levels should be blocked in ds, but I think they should be allowed anly if you allow them. There should be something that comes up when someone tries to port to you saying "_____ _____ Level __ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes or no buttons. Also they should not be able to get into battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

DUDE I LOVE THAT LAST PART BOUT THE YES AND NO BUTTON AND PERSON IN FIRST SPOT YOU ARE VERY CLEVER :-D oh and i have noob friends on my storm grand because i was a noob till i reached 13 without any quest( i made it to the end of Triton) then i just battled kraken and i still have some of my noob friends added cause i am too lazy to go through my list and i am doing malistare with 3 of my friends and this storm noob ports :P my friends are all storm and he wasted my storm trap windstorm feint elemental traps and a few other boost from death and balance on a LIGHTNING BAT IT DID A GRAND TOTAL OF 623
i removed him but he stayed through malistare and Malistare was low on health in the fifth hundreds his minion used a tempest my friends and i died but my noob x-friend used a Humungofrog and won malistare :p HE GOT THE STORM ROBE I WANTED so yes i do want the idea you had with the button stuff

Post Script Jacob SpellCaster(grand storm) and Jacob Life(grand Life)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:

That's ok, I'm a noob too as people say my level is (Level 33), but at least we're almost there in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Once I went to the plaza of conquests with my friend Wolf dusk heart. We saw a bunch of noobs fighting the maximum lvl.was like lvl. 12 and I thought WE should be the ones fighting so I also think we should ban wizards under lvl. 30 to go to Dragonspyre. :)

Garret Golden Flame lvl. 42 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010

There is not one of us who where not at one time a new person in this game. Some lvl up quickly others take their time there is no reason we should band them from where they go that is up to the mediators of the game. We all make mistakes teach them instead of getting mad at them. Maybe you find they can be a good fighter if you just give them some pointers. :D

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
paladin429 wrote:

OMG I cant even tell you how much I agree with this! They should definitely be banned for several reasons. 1. Too many are there to level up without doing the quests and thats main reason they port to higher level players. 2. Once a lot of them port into a battle, they flee leaving the higher level wizard to deal with minion they caused to join the battle. 3. Is it fair to a higher level wizard who had done all the quests to literally be used by these guys? I think its very, very unfair. and 3. Even if they do stay in a battle. too much of the higher level wizard's time is spent trying to keep them alive cause they don't have the energy to be there.
My name is Kiley Star and I think they should be banned or at least give the wizard they trying to port to the option to block them from porting. I've had to fight a lot of hard battles where a NOOB ported and then bailed. I don't like being used to level up and I hate it when they flee! So please, please, ban them.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Anjoh wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

OMG I cant even tell you how much I agree with this! They should definitely be banned for several reasons. 1. Too many are there to level up without doing the quests and thats main reason they port to higher level players. 2. Once a lot of them port into a battle, they flee leaving the higher level wizard to deal with minion they caused to join the battle. 3. Is it fair to a higher level wizard who had done all the quests to literally be used by these guys? I think its very, very unfair. and 3. Even if they do stay in a battle. too much of the higher level wizard's time is spent trying to keep them alive cause they don't have the energy to be there.
My name is Kiley Star and I think they should be banned or at least give the wizard they trying to port to the option to block them from porting. I've had to fight a lot of hard battles where a NOOB ported and then bailed. I don't like being used to level up and I hate it when they flee! So please, please, ban them.

I am level 35 and this elimantes me from the ranks you think should be banned. All thought I see your point (I am a soloist so I understand) I also see why having them being able to teleport a good thing. The pay area's are actually lower in volume. I am assuming this place is a pay area as well. I find that I actually don't see as many in the pay area's as I do in the non-pay area's so having low levels around is not nessasirly a bad thing either. Where I hate to have peope jump in when I get into an area that is hard I would rather someone jump in and help!!!!! So if you can't find someone to help you that is offline it is always best to find someone to help you as well!