Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Customizing Spell Deck Names?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
After playing for a while, you start to accumulate a lot of spells from many different schools. It would be great if we could "name" our spell decks and keep them equipped with the spells we want. For example, I could have a deck named "Fire and Ice" and keep it stocked with fire and ice spells, another stocked with Storm/Myth spells, etc. Then, when entering a battle, I could only change my wand and deck and be ready to go.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I would like to see this too! I keep various lower level decks for specific fights but right now I have four decks with the same name and it takes up time to adjust my deck for certain encounters.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
cool idea, i have three decks, only life, only balance, and both. Its confusing to go to battle and you have the deck that you didn't want to use because you equipped the wrong one

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
andrew248 wrote:
cool idea, i have three decks, only life, only balance, and both. Its confusing to go to battle and you have the deck that you didn't want to use because you equipped the wrong one

I personally only use one deck, since I prefer swapping key cards than dealing with multiple decks. But I think it would be a good idea, since nobody but the player ever actually sees their deck's name anyway. All that the "Look At" feature shows is basic details, not its actual name.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
Explorer
May 21, 2008
debbidoodle wrote:
After playing for a while, you start to accumulate a lot of spells from many different schools. It would be great if we could "name" our spell decks and keep them equipped with the spells we want. For example, I could have a deck named "Fire and Ice" and keep it stocked with fire and ice spells, another stocked with Storm/Myth spells, etc. Then, when entering a battle, I could only change my wand and deck and be ready to go.

Great idea. I would also like a hot key that would allow you to cycle between them, so you don't have to open your Spell book each time you enter a new area or face a new type of monster.

We'll look into it!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
Great idea. I would also like a hot key that would allow you to cycle between them, so you don't have to open your Spell book each time you enter a new area or face a new type of monster.

This would be an amazing addition. I would especially like buttons right on the user interface, kind of like the potions. Or perhaps a small menu that pops up when you enter battle asking which deck you would like to use.

-Tarlac Sandweaver

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:

We'll look into it!

This is exactly what I came on the forums to look for. I was hoping that a hot key already existed. It would be nice to have a deck/wand combination. Or to go even further, full sets of clothing, wand, deck, ring, amulet, to switch between by pressing CTRL-1, CTRL-2, CTRL-3, etc.

If I wanted to play my "Defense Deck" against an opponent, I could hit CTRL-1 and I would automatically equip the hat, cloak, shoes, ring, & amulet that enhance my defensive statistics along with the wand & deck that contain my defensive cards. Then when I want to play my "Ice Deck", all the clothes, deck, and wand would be equipped that enhanced my Ice abillities.

Of course there would be to be a separate screen to do this but you guys seem really adept and creating great and simple UIs so I'm sure it would be user-friendly.

Anyway, just wanted to "second" this suggestion.