Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower Shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Tower shields, in my opinion, are cheap. They are too easy to get, and they take way too much damage away. Half of my damage? That's a lot! I am one of the, what people call, "Balance Guys". I have been losing all of my duels and am back down to private just because of that spell alone. I WANT THIS SPELL DELETED OR TO BE A LESS RESIST! Please KI, something needs to be done about this spell. It is just out of hand. Please.

Patrick Starcatcher, Level 28 Balance, About 500 rank

Hero
May 19, 2009
Haha what will the kids complain about next? Thunder snake being too overpowered?

"I WANT THIS SPELL DELETED" well i want you banned. so if they go ahead and listen to you, their defently gonna have to listen to me as well right?

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Oh now your saying tower sheild is a problem.Wow tower shields are most certaintly not a problem just use something weak to get rid of it!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Man get over yourself. Tower shield is the weakest shield in the game. It's only purpose is stop attacks from all schools. As such it is the only shield that will blunt balance spells. Every other school has to deal with numerous shields that take 70 to 80 percent of an attack. Honestly I've seen a lot of balance wizards who think all they have to do to win is get full power pips and unleash a judge. "I waited till I got a full rack of pips and now I may lose because I didn't think to utilize a strategy. Boohoo. " I've dueled good balance wizards who use the concept of a balanced deck to shield themselves, buff up their attacks, and use low power spells to clear off my shields before delivering a coup de grace with the judge. In every game there is the concept of the metagame. Judge took advantage of a point when other wizards were more worried about other spells, thinking balance was overall weak. Now good players have developed stragtegies to deal with it and adjusted the metagame. It is up to the balance wizards to develop strategies that allow them to overcome adjustments. I have a grandmaster diviner and suffer in arena from the overexposure of enchanted wild bolts. Now everyone carries mulitple storm shields that I have to overcome in evey battle. I developed a strategy to deal with this and have been successful in the arena. This game, like any other CCG, has a dynamic metagame, and to be successful over a long time you need to learn how to adjust.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Ice is for defending and high health. And you are complaining "I want the tower shield to go down da da da complain complan" That is one of ice's defending spell. So if you want to lower it KI wouldn't even lower it in your dreams. So have fun complaining "Balance guy"
(Srsly what do kids complain about these days?)
Lucas drakebloom
Ice wizard
Level 43
Oni slayer

Defender
May 29, 2009

Tower shields are not the problem. The problem is your lack of strategy. I am one of the "Balance Guys" as well. You need to stop relying on the big judgment hit. Sure, in low levels and low ranks, it'll get you pretty far, but you'll never compete at the high ranks with that strategy. Use spectral blast, use your minion, level up and get hydra. Learn to use the full set of balance tools to be successful in pvp.

njboy9 wrote:
Tower shields, in my opinion, are cheap. They are too easy to get, and they take way too much damage away. Half of my damage? That's a lot! I am one of the, what people call, "Balance Guys". I have been losing all of my duels and am back down to private just because of that spell alone. I WANT THIS SPELL DELETED OR TO BE A LESS RESIST! Please KI, something needs to be done about this spell. It is just out of hand. Please.

Patrick Starcatcher, Level 28 Balance, About 500 rank

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
i am a balance too, and in arena i got really angry when they kept doing tower after tower after tower. But, then when i hit lvl 35, i went and bought a hydra necklace, which was a big win since it is lvl 42. So anyway, back to the point, i started doing all my blades and traps then hydra, then judgement. It really worked well and i suggest you try it too.(just a tip to use) 8)

Ang with the towers, dont sweat. Just use your wands spell to get rid of it, Oh and to do this, you need a second pair of traps and blades, so you can do judgement straight after.

Carlos Wildrider
Level 37 balance

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009