Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Still connecting to Wizard101...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
It's the message I've been getting all weekend. I log on really early in the morning(around 1am - 5am) but up until this weekend i've never experienced and significant delays. I guess that with so many new players it has caused some heavy traffic, but even early am hours? I think it's fantastic that you've hit 10 players (hope you hit 20 million soon!), but not if it's going to effect gameplay for us.

I recall reading a message posted by KI regarding wait times and an apology so I thank you for the heads up. I didn't however expect to have the wizard101 splash screen and my screensaver. It was up for 3 hours I was busy watching a movie, eating, picking nose(ok you didn't need to know that) and when I came back guess what I read

Still connecting to Wizard101...

Great game, minor issues. Please address this one when you can. Thanks for the game!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Sometimes, the game client will try to connect to the server, and if it can't within a certain time frame, it will stop trying and hang on the connection message, no matter how long you leave it open. When this happens, you need to close the client and restart it.

Also, the Wizard101 client itself (the executable file) is frequently changing. Most security software (e.g antivirus, anti-malware, firewalls) will require your approval every time that the executable changes. If you can disable your security software and then connect freely, you then know that the security software is what's holding things up. You'll need to contact Support for the security software to find out how to put in an exception for Wizard101.

Windows XP's firewall (and I suspect the same for Vista and Windows 7) will often turn itself on after a Microsoft update. If so, it could be blocking Wizard101. If the Windows firewall is on, and you don't ordinarily have it on, you'll want to turn it off.

Also, some routers will block Wizard101. If you bypass the router (plug the cablemodem directly into the computer, and you can connect freely, then the router needs to be configured to accept Wizard101 connections. You'll need to contact your router's Support or look for such on the internet.

Some poorly written popup blockers will block Wizard101 from connecting. If you just installed one of these, you'll probably need to remove it.

Finally, some malware itself will block some programs from connecting. It won't hurt to scan your system with your security software. If you don't have security software, get it.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
My apologies, I was able to resolve the issue just by reading the FAQ. Turns out it was all my fault.