Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Y is DS HP so high vs. Mooshu HP?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I've noticed that right off the bat, Dragonspyre has a huge increase in health as opposed to Mooshu. This means that I have to fight twice as hard with my Master Conjurer just to win one measely battle. Has anyone else noticed the huge gap between how easy it was to defeat Cyrus and the lvl of difficulty exhibited in the very beginning of DS?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
How often will I draw a Minotaur Minion card when in order to get it I have a 2/60 chance of drawing it? Besides KI agrees with me and probably dozens of others who believe that ds is too hard.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
profrunk wrote:
How often will I draw a Minotaur Minion card when in order to get it I have a 2/60 chance of drawing it? Besides KI agrees with me and probably dozens of others who believe that ds is too hard.

I only had problems when I just entered DS, I just put lots of minotaur minion in my deck, summon him, and then let him taunt and take damage while I kill. end of discussion.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Well what did you attack with once you summoned your Minotaur minion? I'm in the Grand Chasm and I'm just starting to get used to the HP levels of most of these monsters so I could really use some ideas on storm and myth spells that will allow me to deal heavy damage fast. If I use Stormzilla or Humongofrog, when are the best times during combat to use traps and blades vs. using shields? Should I use a shield spell one round and then a blade the next or should I layout all my traps and blades first and worry about incoming damage later?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
profrunk wrote:
Well what did you attack with once you summoned your Minotaur minion? I'm in the Grand Chasm and I'm just starting to get used to the HP levels of most of these monsters so I could really use some ideas on storm and myth spells that will allow me to deal heavy damage fast. If I use Stormzilla or Humongofrog, when are the best times during combat to use traps and blades vs. using shields? Should I use a shield spell one round and then a blade the next or should I layout all my traps and blades first and worry about incoming damage later?

The HP is hard to get use to, I can give some advise on your Storm part, but a Myth wizard should tell you the rest, as I have no Experience on Myth spells to much. in Myth I heard the Cyclops minion is good to have. First see what school they are then equip opposite wand/staff on you.

If the NPC's are of opposite schools like Life, and Death that you are gonna fight then use a wand/staff that has the higher damage. Or a wand/staff that is totaly different then the schools you are up against.

Just incase you are waiting on pips you have something that cost 0 to use, and does some damage. As far as Storm goes I always Boost What I can up First, add shields, on NPC's, Add damage out put wards on myself, if I have two NPC's to fight I add 2 wards to increase my spell damage by a certain percent, If I get a spell that adds school damage percent on all targets for the duration of the round I cast this ASAP. Deffence Shields of school they are, I cast on Myself if they show up in my deck that round.

By now the pips are adding up, last thing I cast before I use a Storm Spell, although they barely help out with Storm is, an accuracy buff do to Storms Extremly High Fizzle rate. Then I would finaly cast my spell, if I get no Fizzle then the spell will do a lot of damage.

The cards I have more of in my Storm Deck are Triton, Kracken, Tempest, and Stormzilla, I get good results when these spells do not Fizzle after all the boosting I did. I am not sure, when I learn Storm Lord this may take place of my tempest, but untill then I am not sure how the Lord Works. A Wild bolt or two is nice to have but this is one failed spell on KI's part they Fizzle out way to much regardless of accuracy buffs so I wouldn't add them to any deck.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
profrunk wrote:

I attack with minotaur until I got Orthrus.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Thats one thing about Minotaur that I like, Its great on power, but costs 2 traps in order to use efficiently. On the other hand, I am a conjurer and don't have access to all of the diviner spells. This includes tempest, wild bolt, triton, accuracy buff, blade, and storm lord.