Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Couple things

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

Having gotten to Marleybone on my death mage without useing a treasure card I thought that things might be easyer for my life mage if I used them. I put the cards in my side deck, but cannot draw them. One of the teachers tells you pick a card you want to discard, and then pick draw to pull them into your hand. I pick a card and draw is grey. So how do I use the cards?

Also on the life mage I want to get a group of people to go questing. Everyone utterly ignores me in the commons on Vampire. How do you people get so many people to travel about with you when no one will talk to you? I love playing the life mage. I want to be a healer and buffer for a group, but cannot get said group. Questing all by yourself does get lonely, and makes the game kinda boreing.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Adralia wrote:

Having gotten to Marleybone on my death mage without useing a treasure card I thought that things might be easyer for my life mage if I used them. I put the cards in my side deck, but cannot draw them. One of the teachers tells you pick a card you want to discard, and then pick draw to pull them into your hand. I pick a card and draw is grey. So how do I use the cards?

Also on the life mage I want to get a group of people to go questing. Everyone utterly ignores me in the commons on Vampire. How do you people get so many people to travel about with you when no one will talk to you? I love playing the life mage. I want to be a healer and buffer for a group, but cannot get said group. Questing all by yourself does get lonely, and makes the game kinda boreing.

I'm not sure what the problem is with your treasure cards. Usually if the "draw" is gray, it means you don't have any treasure cards in your deck. Check your deck again (the yellow card tab at the top right side of your spelldeck), and make sure you have treasure cards in the left side of the window for your deck.

But trying to find someone to group with on Vampire realm...Vampire is probably a "perfect" realm. Try going to a "Crowded" or "normal" realm. You'll see more wizards there and might have better luck grouping with someone.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Ok need help this might.

Point 1. You need to have the said amount of pips or you will not be able to use the treasure card

Point 2.As there are over ten million wizards playing the game,a lot of them will be and would be on a quest one way or another,well unless they are a Grandmaster. So in my fullest opinion i'd say jut start to talk with someone or maybe they will come to you and say "hi" or something like that,Mainly just talk to some people and you will have friends in no-time flat.

Point 3.Its called wizards not mages lol

Hope i helped :D

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Adralia wrote:

You need to discard something from your hand before you can draw a card from your sideboard as a replacement. If you did discard a card, and the Draw button is still gray, then double check to make sure you actually have treasure cards in the deck you are using (I usually use 2 decks throughout the game).

Adralia wrote:

Vampire is a lonely realm. Your best bet is to go to a normal or crowded realm and start questing. You're more than likely to run into people doing the same quests. Ask to join their battle and strike up conversations.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
im suprised no one else asked this but are you acctually discarding.
you don't just select them you have to right click on the card to get rid of it

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Just one more comment...

For the Treasure Cards, you select a card that you want to discard, but then you have to "right click" on that card to make it go away.

Then your "draw" should light up and you can click on "draw" and a treasure card comes into your deck. If you didn't get a treasure card you want, you can click on another card (but not the treasure card), and then "right click" again to discard that second card. Then click on "draw" again for another treasure card.

You can discard the unwanted/unneeded treasure cards on your next turn, but not on the turn where they appeared.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

Ah I see. I was clicking on it like I was going to cast it and then clicking on deal to swap that card for a treasure card.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You don't need to click on a card, then right click it to discard it. You can go straight to using the right click to discard.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
You don't need to click on a card, then right click it to discard it. You can go straight to using the right click to discard.

You're right...especially if, for example, I have only 2 pips. And I have cards showing needing more than that. I can't "select" those cards because I don't have enough pips. But I can "right click" on them and discard them.

Good Point. TY.