Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Same spell, different school?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Lynked wrote:
Hi guys! i dont know if you have noticed, but in krokotopia and marley bone, havent you guys seen different spells? well, they are similar, and if you dont get what i mean, here are some examples.

Lightning bats
ok, you all know lightning bats, right? well, in krokotopia i saw FIRE BATS! and ICE BATS too! if you are there, you know what i am talking about. some more i know of.
Fire elf
same with this, i saw a lightning elf in krokotopia and even ice bats, back in Colossus boulevard.
Evil snowman
i was attacked in marley bone by a gear head and was hit by lightning evil snowman.

i really dont know if you guys have noticed, but if you have, please reply. o, and where the heck do they learn these awesome spells? i could have really used ice bats in the Pyramid of the Sun. geez, i want these for myself, so if you know where to learn them, or where the monsters learn them, let me know so i can learn them and use them. this is crazy not to let us use awesome spells, but let the bad guys use them! (and i have a crazy idea: maybe malistaire teaches them?)
also, if you know any more same spell different school spells, let me know! i want to be prepared. :-)
mutates get them from enemys says mutate something some thing they are rare

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
there is also firezilla and firekraken realy cool but why only for the game guys i do have the mutate card but only for elf and

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Are you guys sure you got these in Marleybone and Krokotopia? Cause I have already done almost all the quests in Krokotopia, and I'm in Katzenstein's Lab in Marleybone and I still haven't got a single one of these treasure cards. My sister got a ton of them in Mooshu, but she never got any in Marleybone or Krokotopia either. Why are we missing them?????

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
things i have seen:

fire elf, storm elf,ice elf

fire snake,thunder snake, ice snake

death Lep, Life Lep

thunder beetle,sand beetle

why is that

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
I love to grind, and yes you can get mutate cards, unfortunately I usually discard them (Finding no use). Though it would be cools to see the classes get mutated version of spells, I am all for adding a lot more variety to pvp. That's why I would also like to see people be able to get a training point every level and also the removal of class restricted spells. You would never know what your up against, and that's a balance in it self. Character are already slower to cast other class spells, if not of there primary, and even the deck only allow lower amounts of of non-class spells.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Lynked wrote:
Hi guys! i dont know if you have noticed, but in krokotopia and marley bone, havent you guys seen different spells? well, they are similar, and if you dont get what i mean, here are some examples.

Lightning bats
ok, you all know lightning bats, right? well, in krokotopia i saw FIRE BATS! and ICE BATS too! if you are there, you know what i am talking about. some more i know of.
Fire elf
same with this, i saw a lightning elf in krokotopia and even ice bats, back in Colossus boulevard.
Evil snowman
i was attacked in marley bone by a gear head and was hit by lightning evil snowman.

i really dont know if you guys have noticed, but if you have, please reply. o, and where the heck do they learn these awesome spells? i could have really used ice bats in the Pyramid of the Sun. geez, i want these for myself, so if you know where to learn them, or where the monsters learn them, let me know so i can learn them and use them. this is crazy not to let us use awesome spells, but let the bad guys use them! (and i have a crazy idea: maybe malistaire teaches them?)
also, if you know any more same spell different school spells, let me know! i want to be prepared. :-)

They are mutatents because i saw a fire and ice kraken while i was in dragonspyre

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
i have seen the same spells. i also have mutate card that turns a ice beatle to a fire beatle

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT SPELL!!!

i dont see a point if you have kracken and you make i fire kracken you hyave to have storm krackon! i would love to have it in the same spell like you can get fire kracken in the fire school that would rock because who would need that if you have the prisim for that geez you have not thought of that PLEASE MAKE THEM IN OUR SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Lynked i know where you're coming from and i have your answer i was confused at first too you see there are cards that let you change the element of another card like i was in a trade and i got a card to change beetle or frost beetle to thunder beetle i was astounded cause i've never heard of those kinds of cards. well there's your answer

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Alex1646 wrote:
YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT SPELL!!!

i dont see a point if you have kracken and you make i fire kracken you hyave to have storm krackon! i would love to have it in the same spell like you can get fire kracken in the fire school that would rock because who would need that if you have the prisim for that geez you have not thought of that PLEASE MAKE THEM IN OUR SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That may seem like a good idea at first, but it would take away what makes each of the schools unique. Also, think of how repetitive it would be to have the same spells in every school, no point in other schools, everyone would go with ice. Last, I am a storm wizard, and that would also take away the thing that makes up for our accuracy and health, our power, because every school has the same spells, same power, different type.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
I use to have a treasure card that was supposed to be a fire cat but instead the title of the card read MUTATE FROST CAT. So I tried using him and battle and it wouldn't let me so traded it

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
How do you use those because I click on them in battle and nothing happens. PLEASE ANSEWR!!!!! :( :( :(

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I have seen ALOT of mutate spells lately.
Thunder Snake-Fire Snake-Ice Snake
Lightning Bats-Fire Bats-Ice Bats
Evil Snowman-Jolted Snowman-Magma Man
I have evn seen fire kraken and ice kraken. And most recently I have even seen A FireZilla. I think evry spell of Ice, Fire and Storm can be mutated.
Although I havn't seen a Fire Wyvern. And I have gotten a Storm Cat and frost cat. There is many possibilities

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
spongy458 wrote:
How do you use those because I click on them in battle and nothing happens. PLEASE ANSEWR!!!!! :( :( :(

I've never used them; but I imagine they work like any other enchantment spell you can get (Tough, Keen Eye, Sniper, et cetera).

You may not remember that Diego actually taught you how to use those spells when you had that Arena Training Quest that Ambrose sent you to do. It's really quite simple: just click on the enchantment card (i.e. the Mutate, Tough, Keen Eye, etc. card), and after you hear a sort of little tinkling sound, go and click on the card you want to enchant (like a Frost Beetle, Storm Bat, Evil Snowman, etc.). The game will make another little sound, the enchantment card will disappear, and the card you enchanted turns gold -- signifying that it is now a Treasure Card!

Now you just store that card in your treasure sideboard until you're ready to bring it out and use it! See how easy?

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
lol everyone mentioned it. I have the death leprechaun pet that gives the death leprechaun card. But now I'm carrying my krokomummy around. There is ice meteor and fire meteor. That isn't mutate but it is still same spell different school type.

That's an extra without naming what has already been mentioned. Oh and I have never seen an ice snake. There is snow serpent but that is a different shape.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I know what you mean :P Right now, I'm in the middle of Krokotopia (yeah, I know, but I haven't been playing even my best character for very long) and things like the Charmed Slaves and the fire elemental monsters (forgot what they're called) use things like the Fire Snake on me all the time.

-Scarlet Angelbane

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Maybe I can clear this up. I'll use ice beetle as an example.

If you go to see the bazaar, you can see these enchantment cards. they are very popular and im working my way to getting a few. :) I hope this helps.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I think that if they can use the spells, so can we. I don't think we can, but we should be able too. :? I believe you can't use those spells yet though. Oh well.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
KI, please add recipes that allow us to create such cards. I can understand not making it hard, but right now we have to hope a mutate card drops from a fight or we have to buy it at the bazaar. The drops don't help if it's a card that we don't have. My fire character doesn't have any ice spells so the mutate ice beetle to storm beetle is not helpful other than to sell.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
I have had a storm collosus and a icezilla used on me by some minion Dragonspyre

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I don't think any of you have been hit by this. In Mooshu I got hit with FIRE COLLOSUS instead of ice collosus!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
hey does anybody know if the mutante treasure cards are a 1 time use ?
it'd be cool if i could get a perminent storm elf. (being a storm wizard)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
You can make those spells yourself.I could make an fire elf in to a storm elf,if i wanted to.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
You guys do know that they are treasure cards that you can by at the bazzar for about 500 coins right? There arent any fire krakens or ice zillas but you can get blaze bettles and lightning men to use, and if you dont have the first card like a ice bettle to mutate to a blaze bettle, you can just buy a treasure card of that type