Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Going into Cyclopes Lane, I ran into a little wizard by the gate who stopped me to ask what was there, what type of monsters it had and how the place looked. He had been standing there awhile.
He told me he had to save someone, but his mom said they couldn't pay his way in.

KI, I would have bought his way in a heartbeat if only there was a way to do so, which is the basis of this thread.

Is it possible to perhaps run up some gift cards for the Crown Shop to allow us to gift access to areas? They could come in differing amounts for the different areas.

I know about sending Gift Certificates to use for Crowns for something like this, but that entails exchanging personal info, and that's a huge no.

There are times you would just love to be generous just to make someone's day, and this was certainly one of those times.
So, if it would be possible, please consider some sort of gift card we can buy in game and hand out.

Thank you for your time. :-)

Btw, if this is the wrong section for this, please move it for me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
coffeetime wrote:
Going into Cyclopes Lane, I ran into a little wizard by the gate who stopped me to ask what was there, what type of monsters it had and how the place looked. He had been standing there awhile.
He told me he had to save someone, but his mom said they couldn't pay his way in.

KI, I would have bought his way in a heartbeat if only there was a way to do so, which is the basis of this thread.

Is it possible to perhaps run up some gift cards for the Crown Shop to allow us to gift access to areas? They could come in differing amounts for the different areas.

I know about sending Gift Certificates to use for Crowns for something like this, but that entails exchanging personal info, and that's a huge no.

There are times you would just love to be generous just to make someone's day, and this was certainly one of those times.
So, if it would be possible, please consider some sort of gift card we can buy in game and hand out.

Thank you for your time. :-)

Btw, if this is the wrong section for this, please move it for me.

Oh. I LOVE this idea. I had been playing with a wizard for a while, and we were both helping each other with our quests. I moved on to a new area, and when I talked to him on my friends list and asked him to join me, he said he couldn't. He didn't have access and he ran out of crowns. I felt the same way. I would have gladly given him a gift card or certificate online through the gifting system if there was any way to do that. Maybe KI will consider this?? ;)

Hero
May 27, 2009
Now, this would be a worthwhile gift to make, rather than a potion or treasure card pack. I would be in favor of Gifting Access Passes.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I've no idea what the COPPA is. :(

If access pass gift cards could be added to the Crown Shop, would it be any different from the other items there we can gift?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
princess524 wrote:
i DONT think KI can do this due to the COPPA

Gifting does not require that the gifter have personal information of the giftee.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
This would make a much more meaningful [ and permanent ] gift, and I'm sure the recipient would LOVE getting it.

I have a few friends on my list that farm Trition endlessly because they can't pay their own way to the other streets. Having a new area or two to explore would thrill them no end. :D

Let's face it ; KI would be paid as if they purchased these areas on their own with crowns, being it would cost the same regardless, and we could be some real help to friends who can't do it on their own for whatever reason.

We NEED this, KI. Please consider it. Thanks. :D

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009