Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pops o' leary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I tried to defeat Pops O' Leary and every time he defeated me. Can someone tell me what rank spells I need to use and in what order for a lvl 29. If anyone wants to help me, meet me in Regents Square near the lady in the minigames part at around seven o' clock pm on June 26th. My name is Savannah Moonstone Adept Theurgist. Thanks :-D

Historian
May 28, 2009
Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
sphll99 wrote:
I tried to defeat Pops O' Leary and every time he defeated me. Can someone tell me what rank spells I need to use and in what order for a lvl 29. If anyone wants to help me, meet me in Regents Square near the lady in the minigames part at around seven o' clock pm on June 26th. My name is Savannah Moonstone Adept Theurgist. Thanks :-D

Get some help. Myself (lvl 27 Thaumaturge) and a friend (lvl 29 sorcerer) was able to beat Pops without a real problem. Your best chance is to use fire on him. Use a lot of defenses and traps. And don't pass! One of you take the boss, and the other the henchman. When the henchman is finished, both go for the boss.

Hope I helped :-)

-James ThunderFist, the lvl 27 Thaumaturge formally known as Jimmy

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Pops uses Ice spells, which includes their blades and traps, the Ice Shark and Ice Wyvern, and the annoying Tower Shield. Like many bosses of his size, he also uses Banshee (a Death spell) and Black Mantle (which reduces the accuracy of your next spell).

Like most Ice bosses, Pops is very resistent to Ice spells and very vulnerable to Fire spells. His helpers use Fire.

You're a Theurgist, a Life wizard. Since Pops has two helpers (Nappers), you're going to want some help of your own. You should call your Sprite Guardian as soon as possible. She'll hopefully keep you healed while you go about your business. If you have the Tower Shield and a chance to use it, you might put one on her to protect her.

As is usually the case, a school wand NOT from your school is helpful to remove shields and wards without triggering your blades and traps.

A Troll's Ear Pendant (the Amulet shop in Marleybone sells them) is also useful to give you (or the Sprite) 2 copies of a special version Guiding Light card: a 40% healing boost (which will work in addition to the school's Guiding Light 30% boost the Sprite casts that you don't get until you finish Marleybone).

The first order of business is to get rid of the two Nappers. A Life Blade or a Life Trap and your Seraph spell should get rid of either, or a blade and trap and Nature's Wraith will do the same thing.

When you're one-on-one with Pops, you'll want to use your wand spells to remove his Ice Shields and Black Mantle (accuracy) wards, set him up with a blade and trap, and hit him with Seraph. Two of these combinations should be enough to take care of him.

It won't hurt to stock a Kraken or two in your sideboard for emergency purposes.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I tried to go to Pops o' leary, but it's blocked by this gigantic wall besides Baxter. How do I get past it?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Anyone need help with pops o'leary i'll be at digamore staion if needed, oh and i'm lvl.26 fire secondary school death name jeremy thundervault.date: some of the weekends. time:6:00

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I was lvl 26 when I beat pops. he wasn't that hard. you just need like, two othger people doing the quest with you. It goes a lot faster that way. Plus, you lvl up really quickly in the ironworks. (It helps if you have a healer with you too)

Emily Goldentheif lvl 27 pyromancer

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Did you do it solo? because if you did pops will probably defeat you. gather up some friends atleast 2 if your that lvl first attack pop's minions ( thats a tip thats useful for every popular boss battle )

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
hey!!! I am back. I deafeated pops o'leary a long time ago and got to dragonspyre around 4 weeks ago!!! now i am lvl 42!!!! :D If anybody needs help, I am glad to!!! just ask! :P