Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleport Stones or not?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Let me make something clear first, since people are probably going to say I'm complaining, I'm not. I'm just asking for opinion.

My mother and I agreed that we thought it was better when they didn't have the Teleport Stones everywhere, because it was suspenseful to know weather or not you'd get caught in battle. (We're weird like that.)

And not just in Marleybone, but it's basically the only place where you have a really good chance in getting caught by rats or cats on the rooftops.

Sure, the stones are really useful, but doesn't it kind of cut a little of the fun out of everything by just allowing you to go wherever with a click of a mouse?

Once more, I'm not complaining about them. I've used the stones before, and they're cool. And I know that I don't have to use them, but people who just started the game will be exposed to them, so they won't have to really walk everywhere except for one time.

Your opinion?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It cuts down on time and frustration of being dragged into battle.

Since the game doesn't award much experience for random battles, anything that avoids them is a good option.

I didn't use the teleport stones on my first wizard. I'm going to explore how they work on my second.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It wasn't so much as avoiding random battles (although it is a side effect bonus) that brought these portals to being. People were complaning about the amount of travel time wasted on sooooooo many back and forth quests that made KI decide to put them in the rest of the worlds (except WC). Not everyone can afford mounts, or wish to pay the high prices for them.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Well first you can't really get dragged into a battle since the stones are in safe places, Chelsea Court AFTER all the Garheads so you don't have the stress of trying to get passed them I mean its not like there gonna put it SMACK dab in the middle of where battles form I mean come on the stones are for your convinence not to make things worse for people.
Thomas Asheyes Grandmaster Pyromancer