Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malicious Act.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
A friend and I were going to do the quest in Shiritaki Temple that ends up at the location of Wavebringer and the Plague Oni. Two others were at the portal to do the quest too but we found out to late that they lied about doing the quest.

It wasn't the quest they wanted to do, they wanted to farm Plague Oni.

So they disappear after we go in and as my friend and I are doing the quest the notice appears that they are fighting Plague Oni, He's dead.

We work our way through the entire quest and it is time to battle Plague Oni. This is a complete dead end and all that time was wasted because they lied about doing the quest and killed him in advance of our quest activities to get there, when we get there he is gone, there is no fight, there is no one left on the quest list to talk to, the quest list says kill Plague Oni but we can't.

These two farmers destroyed a couple hours worth of hard work of two other players just so they could farm.

This is downright malicious. They could have entered alone and did that but nooooo, they lie and we all four go in. One got on my friend list and all they did when I asked about Plage Oni was "hahahahaha" lolololol". That proves that it was malicious and that this was intentional.

KI has to stop this malicious ability for anyone entering the portal to get to Plague Oni without going through the quest. KI is solely responsible for the wasted 2 hours of my friend and I and should be held accountable because they make it possible, they are an accessory.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
KI has to stop this malicious ability for anyone entering the portal to get to Plague Oni without going through the quest. KI is solely responsible for the wasted 2 hours of my friend and I and should be held accountable because they make it possible, they are an accessory.quote]

You are incorrect. KI is not responsible for this,you were. You allowed someone you didn't know to accompany you on a dungeon quest. Choose your friends more wisely.Let people earn your trust,or you will always have similar problems.

Hero
May 27, 2009
It wasn't Plague Oni, but yes, I've had someone go ahead and kill the boss without waiting. Once you have done the quest the first time, you can skip everything after talking to Din Ho and just go into the Oni chamber. Odds are it probably won't happen to you again, because there are really not that many bad people in the game. Hopefully....

Adherent
May 20, 2010
jaronuts wrote:

So they disappear after we go in and as my friend and I are doing the quest the notice appears that they are fighting Plague Oni, He's dead.

As soon as they left, you should have known to leave and restart. If that didn't give you a clue, the notice that they were fighting the Plague Oni should have been clear enough. You could have saved a lot of time.

Defender
May 08, 2009
First of all, whoever goes into a dungeon with you is your problem, not KI's.You should remember that not everyone can be trusted in such a large game.

Believe me, people have done this to me on similar quests.I don't see an actual point for them to do this.Just get some more trusted friends.Or if you don't any strong trusted friends, just send me a time and realm, and I will meet you there.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I am sorry. It is not KI's fault. They are not an 'accessory'. They have already made such places instances, which means there is no reason you should ever have to be in one with someone you do not know or completely trust. You made a choice. Would you like KI to take ALL ability to make choices in the game?

It WAS a malicious act, particularly if they lied to you... not to mention just rude... I had someone try this same thing at Plaque Oni. When I noticed that they were doing nothing to even get the first key, but just hanging around the lever, I just left the instance and came back. They said 'I need to talk to Mossback." Uh-huh... right. I told them, "you should go do that then," wished them luck and left.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
You are incorrect. KI is not responsible for this,you were. You allowed someone you didn't know to accompany you on a dungeon quest. Choose your friends more wisely.Let people earn your trust,or you will always have similar problems.

I agree with you Pyrsik.

If you see someone entering an area with you, and you don't want to be with them, or they leave you and go ahead without you, just "back out" of the area or leave it, and come back on your own with the friends that you want. You decided to continue knowing they were in the area too.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I hooked up with someone else on the quest in order to get a live Plague Oni so that counted and I finished.

It won't happen again for me because that quest is behind me now but it will happen in the future to other people on that quest.

Just don't allow the finished and unfinished people to go in the portal together. That can't be that difficult to set up.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
I hooked up with someone else on the quest in order to get a live Plague Oni so that counted and I finished.

It won't happen again for me because that quest is behind me now but it will happen in the future to other people on that quest.

Just don't allow the finished and unfinished people to go in the portal together. That can't be that difficult to set up.

I think it's funny. The very thing you complained about, you went and did. You hooked up with someone on the quest so you could get the Oni. And then you suggest "don't allow the finished and unfinished people to go in the portal together." And that's what you did too!!!

And you seemed to miss or totally ignore all of the posts. KI doesn't need to set up anything. There are things in place already to help us. :D

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
that happened to me before, a few people and i were fighting i believe the tree of life oni, i cant remember name, we were fighting the four element guys and when we were finished, we headed toward to the boss and guess what, dead. but KI cant stop the malicious behavior