Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 48 Pets and 5% Pip Stat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
Kingsisle,

Yes, I have also been stuck with a Satyr pet w/o a power pip. You guys are a very successful company and I have to say, as a long standing, good paying customer. On August 4th, you said, "We will be running a script in the near future...I will post a follow up here when this is complete." It's almost 2 weeks later and still no action / no news.

My son wants to hatch a new pet with this Satyr pet, but we are wondering "does it not having a power pip affect the hatched pet's chance of getting a power pip?" Hatching is quite expensive, and something we only plan to do once.

Please just sort these good paying customers out with this power pip pet so we can get on with this game properly.

Ben.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
So is there a way to delevel my Hydra or is it stuck with its no powerpip %?

I am wondering what would happen if you mated your Hydra with someone else's Hydra? Would you get another Hydra that you could train again???

Has anyone tried this?

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it certainly was a disappointment:
My lvl 48 Helephant had Pips O'Plenty as his first talent. As I leveled him, the Power Pip chance started at 1% and was at 5% when I maxed my stats and got him up to ancient (also the fire resistance went up to 8%). I continued to work my pet up to Epic where I got a 50 pt. strength boost for the final talent. I worked him up to the new max strength, but the Power Pip chance and Fire resistance stayed the same! :(
So I took the time and effort to work through 1000 pts. of experience and another 50 pts. of strength for nothing! There is no appreciable difference from ancient even though the move from ancient to epic is more experience than from hatchling to ancient!

I hope there is something in the works to assure that the time and effort to grow a pet to epic is worthwhile.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
ok so i have 4 grandmasters 4 of which have their 48 pets giving the 5% power pip talent. my helephant got this "pip'o plenty" talent and now gives a total of 10% power pips and i mixed this helephant with a colossus and got the inferno colossus hybrid i leveled that to teen and he has the pip o'plenty talent i level him to adult and gets mana gift both the helephant and colossus had the pip boost (5% power pip) talent and after the update i want to know will this inferno colossus be able to learn it? cause i don't want to waste my time and money leveling him up hoping to get this talent when it supposedly no longer exists even though both pets had the talent. so answer this KI why not just go back to giving the 48 pets the 5% power pip boost instead of throwing the game out of whack by having them give 1% and having to work it up? i certainly think that most people don't want to level up their pets just to only get a 1% power pip boost instead of 5%. and why not give the 48 pets a 5 minute hatch time instead of 18 hours? it's a bit much for something you work so hard to get.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
alexflemingscott wrote:
kend1 wrote:
I filled out the form before the deadline and waited and waited.... Still my stormzilla does not have this trait.

Considering that I have spent over $300 playing this game, over the last 5 months, I expect a little better customer service.

same here

same here except with an orthus

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
My apologies, I meant to reply to this earlier!

If you obtained your level 48 pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Mr Lincoln will review this poll every Friday, and alter the pets accordingly the following week.

Your sense of time is bad.
It has been well over a month and a half and nothing is fixed.
I wrote in support about an other pet that your shove the unfixed test areas to real broke. The sprite card went to half its healing power. I had this pet before the crappy advance pet stuff. This is the second tome i had to report it. I has be 6 weeks. Still no fix. Will you please fix what is broken before braking more. Every update less if fixed and more problems. Does your programs test what they write. WE are paying for a service if you cannot provide it give us back our money. Don't point to a links that does not do anything.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Uma4 wrote:
Here is what Gamma said:

As for pets that fall within those two updates, we’ll work out a way to address their shortcomings before we make the update in the coming weeks.
------
Gamma wrote that on the 23rd, and we can assume that the pets will be updated by some time in July. (Could take about 2 weeks or so)

--
I am working on getting my lvl 46 myth to lvl 50. I have 2 other grandmasters (one has full grand gear), so I can wait for this update.

Hope this helps!

Uh? Saying that one that one of your grandmasters has full grand is gear is pointless and unhelpful

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
wesscarpa wrote:

My lvl 48 Helephant had Pips O'Plenty as his first talent. As I leveled him, the Power Pip chance started at 1% and was at 5% when I maxed my stats and got him up to ancient (also the fire resistance went up to 8%). I continued to work my pet up to Epic where I got a 50 pt. strength boost for the final talent. I worked him up to the new max strength, but the Power Pip chance and Fire resistance stayed the same! :(

Did you also max out Intellect and Power?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am so frustrated with my level 48 pets not having their 5% power pip boost. My wraith did not have it and I just got my stormzilla and it does not have the 5% boost. My husband got his helephant yesterday and it also does not have the boost. I am currently working on my life and myth level 48 quests and if I do not get the 5% power pip boost I think our family will close our 6 accounts and find a new game. I know glitches happen but instead of adding new things to the game why not take that time to fix the current problems.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Good news everyone!

We were able to identify all players who received their level 48 quest school specific pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

We will be running a script in the near future that will give you another copy of this pet, only the new one will have a Power Pip talent.

We will not be altering your current pet, but giving you an additional copy of the pet with a pre-set Power Pip talent.

I will post a follow up here when this is complete.

Well at this time my Wraith still has not been changed! I submitted a form back when it was posted on the wizaed web site. I have now trained him to ancient and all he has is self talents. I will be upset if a change is not made and have to start over and make a new death wizard just to get a 48 pet that actually has any NON selfish talents.

Amber Shadowwalker Grandmaster Death

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Yes, here I sit with 3 level 48 pets with no power pip boost and my husband has 4. We have 3 accounts each and were considering making a fourth account each but not if our 48 pets are not getting their power pip boost. Come on KI, its nice to add things but stop taking things away from us.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Good news everyone!

We were able to identify all players who received their level 48 quest school specific pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

We will be running a script in the near future that will give you another copy of this pet, only the new one will have a Power Pip talent.

We will not be altering your current pet, but giving you an additional copy of the pet with a pre-set Power Pip talent.

Well, I guess Prospector Zeke must have been into the moonshine when he posted this. We are NOT getting out 5% back. I sent an email to KI and they told me quote...

"Pets do not get any talents at the Baby level, so there is no way we can make it so you do not have to train your pets at all. If you want the Pip talent in the future, you will have to train your pets like everyone else. Please let us know if you have further questions!

Sincerely,
KingsIsle Support"

So the hundreds of dollars I and my husband have spent on this game for our accounts, son's account and nephews accounts mean we are going to get less for our money...hummm, idk about you but I think that taking away things is NOT a good way to improve a game that you are collecting money for but I guess I am NOT a business woman so I just dont get it.

Well, thank you KI.
Sincerely (cane you read the sarcasm there?)
khorne (paying customer)

And if you will look in your backpacks you will see a NEW ADULT PET WITH THE 5% POWER PIP TALENT, for those of you who obtained that level 48 quest pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

We took nothing away from you, in fact we gave you something MORE. We felt this was the best way to make up for all those players who missed out on the talent due to our error. I'm sorry you do not feel that it is enough, but thank you for the feedback.

khorne wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Good news everyone!

Well, I guess Prospector Zeke must have been into the moonshine when he posted this. We are NOT getting out 5% back. I sent an email to KI and they told me quote...

"Pets do not get any talents at the Baby level, so there is no way we can make it so you do not have to train your pets at all. If you want the Pip talent in the future, you will have to train your pets like everyone else. Please let us know if you have further questions!

Sincerely,
KingsIsle Support"

So the hundreds of dollars I and my husband have spent on this game for our accounts, son's account and nephews accounts mean we are going to get less for our money...hummm, idk about you but I think that taking away things is NOT a good way to improve a game that you are collecting money for but I guess I am NOT a business woman so I just dont get it.

Well, thank you KI.
Sincerely (cane you read the sarcasm there?)
khorne (paying customer)

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
i have an Orthrus that gives three percent power pip chance. how do you raise power pip chance?

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
mwrspeedy25 wrote:
well, that is good and all, but during the last update i somehow lost my lvl 48 helephant pet, and i would love to have him back

Mark ShadowRunner lvl 50 GrandMaster PyroMancer
thats weird because after the update i had two hydras joshua wraith lvl 50 grand master sorcerer plz claim lady beu by quoting and i will contact a admidistrator if anyone has a hydra ( adult ) named lady beu plz quote down below this and i will give it back :D :D :D :D

Please read my earlier post in this thread:

Good news everyone!

Update: Complete! Everyone affected now has another Adult version of their level 48 Pet

As you will see, everyone who was affected during this 'pet pip blackout' has been given another pet. This is where the extra hydras, orthrus, etc have come from.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Ok I have gotten a couple of replacement adult school pets. When I didnt know this was changing I hatched with a couple of the pipless wonders. even trying several times for a couple. Lots of time and gold later I have completely useless high dollar and time hybrids. Do all "rare and special" hybrids come with lower talents than their parents or am i a lucky one with weeks of work invested in no talent pets? I have even used my replacements to rehatch with no luck. Hybrids are good for their looks? disappointed and after several posts unanswered. Almost ready to unsubscribe.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
niclucat wrote:
how do i get the pet ice hound????????
well you hatch with the collouss and orthrus Sincerly Marcus Skull Wraith Level 50 Grandmaster death

Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
Gamma wrote:
The 5% pip talent is a temporary talent given to the lvl 48 pets who existed before the Pet Pavilion was introduced. We decided to give them this flat rate improvement because using the standard pip boost would have necessitated us starting them at a very high level in order to confer the correct bonuses. This talent is being filtered out of the system and will not exist on any new pets.

However, with this in mind, we recognize that earning your lvl 48 pet is a big accomplishment and it needs to be suitably awesome in the game. We’re going to be making changes to the game soon that guarantees that all new level 48 pets will manifest the regular Power Pip talent at some point in their lifecycle. The regular Power Pip talent starts with a 1% bonus, but can grow to upwards of 8% as your pet levels and progresses through training games.

As for pets that fall within those two updates, we’ll work out a way to address their shortcomings before we make the update in the coming weeks.
i got +5% power pip, +5% resist and +6% hit on my ice pet called "ice cat". i got it from a gift card I got at target :! :-D: :-D :-D :-D

Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
wesscarpa wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it certainly was a disappointment:
So I took the time and effort to work through 1000 pts. of experience and another 50 pts. of strength for nothing! There is no appreciable difference from ancient even though the move from ancient to epic is more experience than from hatchling to ancient!

I hope there is something in the works to assure that the time and effort to grow a pet to epic is worthwhile.
well, when you have a higher lvl trained pet the cost of the pet when you hatch it is 10% less so when you get it to epic it's like 50% minus on the cost of the pet hatching

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Well i hatched my wraith after all this new stuff about pet pavilion and when i finally got it to teen it got pip o plenty XD when i maxed out agility so try maxing out agility and maybe it'll get pip chances, my wraith is almost a ancient and now i trying to max out strength so i may get attack boost :D

christina Day dreamer level 48 death
christina star catcher level 15 balance
brittany ice dreamer level 35 ice

Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
Gamma wrote:
The 5% pip talent is a temporary talent given to the lvl 48 pets who existed before the Pet Pavilion was introduced. We decided to give them this flat rate improvement because using the standard pip boost would have necessitated us starting them at a very high level in order to confer the correct bonuses. This talent is being filtered out of the system and will not exist on any new pets.

However, with this in mind, we recognize that earning your lvl 48 pet is a big accomplishment and it needs to be suitably awesome in the game. We’re going to be making changes to the game soon that guarantees that all new level 48 pets will manifest the regular Power Pip talent at some point in their lifecycle. The regular Power Pip talent starts with a 1% bonus, but can grow to upwards of 8% as your pet levels and progresses through training games.

You're saying that:

The 5% pip talent is a temporary talent given to the lvl 48 pets who existed before the Pet Pavilion was introduced. We decided to give them this flat rate improvement because using the standard pip boost would have necessitated us starting them at a very high level in order to confer the correct bonuses. This talent is being filtered out of the system and will not exist on any new pets? Well, I am Balance and I need Hydra.