Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 48 Pets and 5% Pip Stat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
I had been waiting for the level 48 pip stat issue to be addressed. And finally I got my level 48 on July 10. It is a baby with no talents.

Is the 5% pip stat talent the first talent it will acquire at teen? Or is it completely random which age the pet the will acquire the 5% pip stat talent?

Explorer
Mar 01, 2010
Celestia just came out so should there be spells that have like 6% pips and that are lvl 58 spells(for the lvl cap)

Mason FireBlade lvl 42 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
what will happen to my ancient stormzilla pet if i enter the poll?
cause i dont want to lose the 5% accuracy boost or health boost

Survivor
May 20, 2009
At teen my 48 level pet got the pip talent - with 1% pip boost. The boost grows as the pet stats grows. I don't know if all 48 level pets get the pip talent at teen.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
keirankeiwi wrote:
what will happen to my ancient stormzilla pet if i enter the poll?
cause i dont want to lose the 5% accuracy boost or health boost

I'd like to know this too. My pet also has talents I don't want to lose.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
i went on to the site where you could get that stat and i typed all the info. and stuff will they release this stat the same as all the other new stuff -joshua wraith lvl50 balance aka grandmaster sorcerer (pet veteran) pet info: name: lord maximus kind of pet: hydra pet type: balance 52 (18) pet age: ancient

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Gandolf619 wrote:
Zebraballer21 wrote:
Hey umm i know about the pip stat but i dont get what is so good about maxing your stats. i got the talent astute for my ancient talent and it only increases my intelligence stat. so far, i dont think that maxing out stats is useful, and neither is having higher maxes. can someone else help me out on this please?

when you max out your stats, thats what probably your pets skill will come out of.. for example if you build its agility.. and when he levels up his agility will be the probable talent it gains.. hope this helps.. higher maxes allows you go get to higher possible talents for that given pet!
nope it doesnt i have maxed my pets agility and intelligence and have gained no stats

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
Pet talents are predetermined, it doesn't matter how you level your stats or what games you play. Maxing out stats is only useful if you have talents they will affect, for example, maxing out strength, agility and power may get that 7% damage resist to 9%.
o that stinks i am not even planning to get my pet to an epic i am not even gonna try it is to much xp to and i only have 1 stat that helps me in battle which is balance it my pet is completly useless its only for showing off i guess so i think ill work on getting a basilisk or something

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:
I'm very disappointed. I got my Wraith to Ancient today,and I got Mana Gift instead of a pip boost. Like I needed anymore mana! Now I have over 550 Mana and about 100 health boost from this pet, and no pip chance! Please fix this in the upcoming update tonight. :(
you lucky to get 100 health from your pet mine only gives 5% balance accuracy

Just a reminder, you only have until the end of July 2010 to submit your request via this form:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010
(bottom of the page)
After that date, will will not take requests to alter the level 48 pets.

Please be patient while Mr Lincoln manually goes through every pet. This is a lengthy process, and every request will be reviewed in the order they were received. Duplicate requests slow down the process, so please be sure to have all the information needed when you submit the form.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Thank you for the update, Prospector Zeke. I will try to continue having faith that both my wraith and satyr will recieve the power pip bonus.

As of today, both are now Epic and neither recieved the power pip talent. Needless to say, I am a little upset at this moment. The Satyr's talents are Life Proof, Crafty, Health Gift, Carefree and the Wraith's talents are Efficient/Intellectual, Death Shot, Astute, Spirited.

I am fortunate to have alternatives for those wizards, however, as I have an Epic Minotaur giving me more Life resistance than the satyr, accuracy and casts life sheilds. I also have an ancient Boss Banshee that gives me strength and accuracy. So, fortuantely, I do have better alternatives than the level 48 pets I earned.

Again, thank you for the update.

Kestrel Hawkheart
Grandmaster Myth
Grandmaster Balance
Grandmaster Ice
Grandmaster Life
Grandmaster Death
Magus (L35) Storm

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
If I am reading it correctly, if you got Level 48 pet(s) during the stated dates and did not recieve the pip talent and you want that talent, you must complete the poll/form by the end of July (which I already have and am still waiting). After that date, you're beat.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
firedragon, you should be able to exchange out a talent for pip chance, at least that is what they did with my stormzilla... if you don't want the pip chance and to keep your talents as they were originally recieved you simply do nothing... bear in mind at the end of this month they will no longer allow changes to grandmaster pets on this issue, so if you want pip chance you had best submit now

my stormzilla turned out great by the way:
pip-o-plenty +5% pip chance
storm proof +8% storm resist
health gift +85 health
storm-giver +6% damage

it will be hard for me to ever replace it with any other pet, I gladly gave up astute for pip chance (astute did nothing for me, and I already have other epic pets that are well suited for pet racing)

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Yea I simply dont get the hatchery, and because it is so costly to hatch and the hybreds are so random I decided knowing isnt necessary.

However, I have a serious problem with the upgrade as it affects the pets you purchase as well! I bought to guardian dragons that LOST their resist.

Since they were hatched when I used the code I assumed that I would have to train them to adult - as the other I bought were adults after the update - but then I thought to myself I am NOW spending even MORE money on something than I did for the others to buy food.

So what gives? I dont care about the pet areana and in fact for the dropped pets I have grown used to having to train them. If they were free KI is making it so that we have to pay for every new pet/spell I get it.

But having bought two cards (for the pets) then having to train the pets (more money) then finding out that the resist that I bought them for in the first place isn't there. WHAT'S UP??

I have a subscrition and I spend crowns and now I can't even get what I pay for because the program was re-written.

Am I the only one who thinks this is shady?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
My apologies, I meant to reply to this earlier!

If you obtained your level 48 pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Mr Lincoln will review this poll every Friday, and alter the pets accordingly the following week.

Ok, my wraith lost its 5% power pip boost and I would like it back. I went to the link and there is no form for me to fill out...I really want them back

Good news everyone!

We were able to identify all players who received their level 48 quest school specific pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

We will be running a script in the near future that will give you another copy of this pet, only the new one will have a Power Pip talent.

We will not be altering your current pet, but giving you an additional copy of the pet with a pre-set Power Pip talent.

I will post a follow up here when this is complete.

Update: Complete! Everyone affected now has another Adult version of their level 48 Pet

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Thank you professor Z, I am happy that I will be getting my 5% pp talent back. I understand why you did what you did and about training pets to increase their talents including the pp talent but some of us dont like the new pet stuff and have no intention of doing the "pet training stuff".

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
some things powers that your pets have are kinda useless :( like the fire defence. i alrealy have enough of the fire defence. i was hoping for a fire accuracy or attack boost. and i want the 5% pips back.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Good news everyone!

We were able to identify all players who received their level 48 quest school specific pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

We will be running a script in the near future that will give you another copy of this pet, only the new one will have a Power Pip talent.

We will not be altering your current pet, but giving you an additional copy of the pet with a pre-set Power Pip talent.

Please tell me this is a joke. KI will be giving is an "additional copy of the pet", a copy of the pet as it is now at ancient or epic with the pips as an additional talent or as an egg to train all over again from baby? This is a correction, compensation, and/or making things right exactly how?

After KI lost my adult Orthrus on June 6, it was replaced with an egg and the egg lost the pip talent. I have since wasted my time and money in training the imposter replacement egg, and according to your post I get to do it again for a third time? I submitted 6 forms last month for the 6 wizards missing pip talents on their school pets. Some of those pets were used to hatch other pets who also do not have pip talents... will KI be giving additional copies of those pets as well?

Why was the pet update released to open without being thoroughly tested on test?

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Good news everyone!

Prospector Z & KI: While I appreciate your effort to fix this error, I have a few concerns about this "copy" of our level 48 pets. I have filled out the form notifying that I would like my Stormzilla to recieve the +5% pip chance upon your fix of this issue, and look forward to the fix.

However, will this "additional copy" of our pets be the same as they are at this moment. Right, now my pet is halfway to epic (begrudgingly) and has some pretty decent traits. Will this "copy" be the same "age" as our current pet, because, believe me I DO NOT want to have to train this pet again. The only reason I'm training it now is to get the pip boost that was left off of it when I earned it.

Should I continue to train it and spend more gold and time or will it be a total waste? Meaning we will be getting eggs instead of a copy of our pets as they are now???

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I just saw this information -- so I am too late to fill out the form. What should I do? My level 48 pet doesn't have the 5%. Please help!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
I filled out the form before the deadline and waited and waited.... Still my stormzilla does not have this trait.

Considering that I have spent over $300 playing this game, over the last 5 months, I expect a little better customer service.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
kend1 wrote:
I filled out the form before the deadline and waited and waited.... Still my stormzilla does not have this trait.

Considering that I have spent over $300 playing this game, over the last 5 months, I expect a little better customer service.

same here