Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 48 Pets and 5% Pip Stat

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The 5% pip talent is a temporary talent given to the lvl 48 pets who existed before the Pet Pavilion was introduced. We decided to give them this flat rate improvement because using the standard pip boost would have necessitated us starting them at a very high level in order to confer the correct bonuses. This talent is being filtered out of the system and will not exist on any new pets.

However, with this in mind, we recognize that earning your lvl 48 pet is a big accomplishment and it needs to be suitably awesome in the game. We’re going to be making changes to the game soon that guarantees that all new level 48 pets will manifest the regular Power Pip talent at some point in their lifecycle. The regular Power Pip talent starts with a 1% bonus, but can grow to upwards of 8% as your pet levels and progresses through training games.

As for pets that fall within those two updates, we’ll work out a way to address their shortcomings before we make the update in the coming weeks.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Hero
May 19, 2009
So what about my pet which i had before the update? I got it all the way to epic and the 5% remained the same, after the update will it automaticly change to 8%?

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
well, that is good and all, but during the last update i somehow lost my lvl 48 helephant pet, and i would love to have him back

Mark ShadowRunner lvl 50 GrandMaster PyroMancer

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Thank you for addressing this, Gamma. I know it's hard to catch all manners of wierd things when the game updates in such a large way as with the introduction of the advanced pet system.

Should we continue to finish the lvl 48 pet quest with our wizards as we come to it, or is it better for us to hold off until this second update is made? If the newer update will identify these 'tweens' automatically I won't worry about waiting for the fix, but if it's going to gum up the works more, I don't mind waiting to finish the quest. :)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010

I have a Stormzilla pet that I just got after the new update was made, and it did not come with the 5% power pips, but I decided to train it anyways hoping the 5% power pips would be added to it after the change.

Now my Stormzilla is epic and all max out, and it didn't come with much except alot selfish talents. Now my question is after KI makes this new change again to the level 48 pets that will manifest a regular Power Pip talent at some point in their lifecycle. Will My current stormzilla talents change?

and are you saying that if we are close to recieving a level 48 class pet now at this moment that it is better to wait till after KI makes this new update to these pets that will recieve the power pip or otherwise they willl end up with what I recieve a Stormzilla with no awesome talent.

just wondering.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The lvl 48 pets we had before the update all started off with a different pip talent that's a flat +5% & doesn't change as the pet improves. There's a different talent called Pip o'Plenty that does increase with the pet stats, my Lucky Leprechaun (from last St Patrick's Day) started at +1% and has it up to +3% now.

I'm guessing that once they make whatever changes are coming to the school pets, Pip o'Plenty will be one of their possible talents along with other useful dueling skills.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
So let's see here.... we've gone from a guaranteed set +5% pp to having to spend all that time and in some cases crowns or gold to train our new lvl 48 pets to atleast adult if not ancient or epic just to have the RANDOM CHANCE of getting the pip o plenty talent that starts at 1% and have to keep training to raise it to up to 8%. I know there are a lot of wizards out there right now that would agree with me in saying that is NOT COOL. People that do not want to participate in the pet pavilion and training should NOT be affected negatively by it. And yet here we are... all thoughts, arguments and suggestions are welcome.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Here is what Gamma said:

As for pets that fall within those two updates, we’ll work out a way to address their shortcomings before we make the update in the coming weeks.
------
Gamma wrote that on the 23rd, and we can assume that the pets will be updated by some time in July. (Could take about 2 weeks or so)

--
I am working on getting my lvl 46 myth to lvl 50. I have 2 other grandmasters (one has full grand gear), so I can wait for this update.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Gamma wrote:

I hope that you will take into account that some of us have got our pipless school pets to ancient/epic and have no desire to level from scratch.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
gtippett wrote:
So let's see here.... we've gone from a guaranteed set +5% pp to having to spend all that time and in some cases crowns or gold to train our new lvl 48 pets to atleast adult if not ancient or epic just to have the RANDOM CHANCE of getting the pip o plenty talent that starts at 1% and have to keep training to raise it to up to 8%. I know there are a lot of wizards out there right now that would agree with me in saying that is NOT COOL. People that do not want to participate in the pet pavilion and training should NOT be affected negatively by it. And yet here we are... all thoughts, arguments and suggestions are welcome.

I agree completely. The fact that level 48 pets are not getting there 5% chance has made me very angry. These are supposed to be special pets, and with this update they have been made worse. I do not want to try and waste my time playing pet minigames trying to manifest this talent. I would like KI to change these pets to how they were.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Hey umm i know about the pip stat but i dont get what is so good about maxing your stats. i got the talent astute for my ancient talent and it only increases my intelligence stat. so far, i dont think that maxing out stats is useful, and neither is having higher maxes. can someone else help me out on this please?

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
Zebraballer21 wrote:
Hey umm i know about the pip stat but i dont get what is so good about maxing your stats. i got the talent astute for my ancient talent and it only increases my intelligence stat. so far, i dont think that maxing out stats is useful, and neither is having higher maxes. can someone else help me out on this please?

when you max out your stats, thats what probably your pets skill will come out of.. for example if you build its agility.. and when he levels up his agility will be the probable talent it gains.. hope this helps.. higher maxes allows you go get to higher possible talents for that given pet!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Pet talents are predetermined, it doesn't matter how you level your stats or what games you play. Maxing out stats is only useful if you have talents they will affect, for example, maxing out strength, agility and power may get that 7% damage resist to 9%.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I hate how the 5% bonus stat on level 48 pets makes playing with the other non-48 level pets not a viable option.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I hate how the 5% bonus stat on level 48 pets makes playing with the other non-48 level pets not a viable option.

I thought the same until i trained my Minotaur pet for my myth wizard. The Minotaur doesn't have the pip bonus and i don't even miss it. It does have a 6% damage and accuracy bonus that i love along with a health boost.

Recently, for my Life wizard I have been training a Life Minotaur. So far it has given me a damage boost and has a chance to cast a life shield. It also gives me another attack card (Life Minotaur). As with my Myth wizard, I don't seem to miss the pip chance that my Satyr pet gives me. I also don't miss all the dancing.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I'm so excited, my level 48 adult satyr pet has ...... drum roll please ..... YES answer to all my prayers ... it comes with +47 mana!!! WOW that is go great. I've wanted more mana all game long and couldn't find anything to boost it, what a magnificent waste of a pet!!!

My level 48 ancient, max'ed out helephant comes with 5% accuracy and 6% tough and so far my level 48 adult ice colossus boosts absolutely nothing

How disappointing!! Now you no longer get your pet you get an egg which you now have to wait hours and hours for it to hatch. Then you spend hours and hours training it to get nothing at all usefull. Why? Why? Why?

Gamma wrote:
The 5% pip talent is a temporary talent given to the lvl 48 pets who existed before the Pet Pavilion was introduced.

Temporary talent?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
what other pets are there ?????????????? ALEXANDRIA THUNDERFRIEND LIFE LVL 50

Defender
May 02, 2010
I'm very disappointed. I got my Wraith to Ancient today,and I got Mana Gift instead of a pip boost. Like I needed anymore mana! Now I have over 550 Mana and about 100 health boost from this pet, and no pip chance! Please fix this in the upcoming update tonight. :(

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
So is there a way to delevel my Hydra or is it stuck with its no powerpip %?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
two days ago i was so excited that i had finally hatched my hydra pet only to find out it didnt give me powerpips, the reason i wanted my hydra. i was so mad, i couldn't believe it. I was also confused so i went to the website and found out it was all because of pet park. I went to sell it but decided to just give to my other level 3 balance wizard. I so hope that they can find away to give my hydra power pips.

Blaze Deathhammer, level 48 balance

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010

Gamma wrote:
We’re going to be making changes to the game soon that guarantees that all new level 48 pets will manifest the regular Power Pip talent at some point in their lifecycle. The regular Power Pip talent starts with a 1% bonus, but can grow to upwards of 8% as your pet levels and progresses through training games.

I have trained my pet hydra to epic level but she doesn't have either the added pip chance or the pip o'plenty talent.

I would appreciate it if someone from KingsIsle could update us with any information on how/when the problem of pets that fell 'within the two updates' will be resolved.

My apologies, I meant to reply to this earlier!

If you obtained your level 48 pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Mr Lincoln will review this poll every Friday, and alter the pets accordingly the following week.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
But i got my pet 3 days ago built it up to a adult and it doesnt even have 1% pip chance so will my pet stats change or what will happen. will i just not get my pip chance because that will be messed up.

Rizzy07 wrote:
But i got my pet 3 days ago built it up to a adult and it doesnt even have 1% pip chance so will my pet stats change or what will happen. will i just not get my pip chance because that will be messed up.

Then follow the instructions in the post above yours....

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.