Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feint Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
I was very excited when I finally reached level 26 and received the Feint spell. While the card description states that a 70% trap is put on the enemy and an 30% trap on myself, much to my dismay, I seem to consistently put a 70% trap on both of us. Needless to say, this makes Feint a terribly dangerous spell to use and it is no longer in my deck.

On a somewhat related note, I have noticed an inconsistency when using both Death Prism and Death Trap on an enemy before casting a death attack spell. The issue is with the timing of the prism, sometimes it converts my spell to life after adding the 30% for the death trap, but sometimes it uses the prism first, therefore skipping the death trap since there is no longer a death spell in play. Is there a logical reason for this? Does it apply them in the order they are cast, or have some other consistent condition?

Thanks for the help!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
The feint bug is a graphic display bug only. You only get a 30% trap on your self so put that card back in your deck! It is an outstanding card when used properly.
I went to the arena and did some testing and verified 100% it only puts a 30% trap on your self.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
Datura wrote:
\
On a somewhat related note, I have noticed an inconsistency when using both Death Prism and Death Trap on an enemy before casting a death attack spell. The issue is with the timing of the prism, sometimes it converts my spell to life after adding the 30% for the death trap, but sometimes it uses the prism first, therefore skipping the death trap since there is no longer a death spell in play. Is there a logical reason for this? Does it apply them in the order they are cast, or have some other consistent condition?

Thanks for the help!

Yes there is a reason why. The reason is that traps are activated backwards of what they were put on. So if i had feint, ice trap, and prism and i'm fighting an ice monster. First i would put on the prism then the traps. The traps will be activated first then the prism. If you put traps first then prism. Then the prism will be activated first and making your traps useless.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
Awesome, thanks to both of you.

I did notice another feint thread, but this has definitely reassured me. I had put the card back based on that information and am definitely enjoying hitting such crazy numbers that I would consider it even with a 70% on me :)

I will pay special attention to the order of my traps and such. Thanks for being more observant than I :)

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
no this isnt true at all it isnt graphical as i mentioned i had the +70% on me and a ghoul did about 280 damage to me so he def got the +70% as +30 would have only did about 200 damage or so

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
Were you wearing gear with death resistance?
goul is 160 x 1.7 = 182
160x 1.4 = 224 x 1.3 = 291 x .96= 279

More likely he had a blade on too.

I tested feint in the arena with no resistance gear on and no damage boost and came to the conclusion that it is a 30% trap on the caster, not 70%.