Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A problem with leveling up....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Hello!

I have a question. I recently leveled up to level 30 in the game, and when I reached that level, Professor Ambrose's icon popped up. When I clicked it, it said that he had a matter that needed my attention immediately. Those kind of things are generally pretty exciting, so I teleported back to Wizard City from Marleybone and went to see Ambrose. When I talked to him, though, it was just the same old spiel that he always gives, and there was no mention of a quest.

So, my question is, did I do something wrong, or is this a glitch that I should report? Thanks for any advice you can give!

Roslyn Willowsong
Level 30 Balance

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Hahah its okay you have done nothing wrong!!!!

Since i have reached level 30 with all three of my characters, this has happened to me at least 7 times.

Its a common bug so you have nothing to worry about!!!!

P.S- I know for me I was really dissapointed :-( :-( :-(

Oh and also, this will occur again, just visit him anyways.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
It's not just you ^^

That is a known bug, where Ambrose or someone in wizard city will call you, but they don't have anything to say or do.

However, I noticed that sometimes its not the person who calls you that needs you, but rather someone else in the city has a new quest you can do.

Anyway, just look out for the notice for levels 38 and 48.

Defender
May 09, 2009
i got this to i think its just him telling you that you can go to the next area of grizzlehiem unless you havent done any of grizzlehiem (lol like me) then he wont give you a quest. but idk for it could just be a glitch.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
I think Ambrose calls every 5 levels after 20 because new areas of Grizzleheim are available.