Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

kennsington

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
I completed this instance level in almost FOUR HOURS .. ugh
It is NOT worth it believe me because we only get about 5,000 XP and maybe 400 gold total. I'm a level 50 and went into Kensington with two friends all level 46, yet it's so hard because the mobs have at least 2,000 health and the bosses higher. The highest is Stoker with 3,200 health i think. And none of us got good drop from there. Also when we get to the last tower we can't go out to get mana or health because we can't teleport back to our friends in there.

It's challenging yes but i don't think i will go in there again. Too long to complete and the rewards are NOT worth it.
Don't go in there. You'll regret.

I hope Devs wil raise the reward for this instance level.
Until then i suggest not to go in there. Waste of time.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
Thanks for the warning. I tried it once. First goal was to defeat skritch. When i tried to fight him, he was accompanied by 2 others. So if you go in solo, you first will have to beat 3 rank5 enemies, 2 jitterbugs with 2300 health and the boss with 2550. When i saw that, the first thing that came into mind was "Who the ... wrote this?" The second thing that came into mind was the same, only this time in caps.
I was thinking of saving it for later, for when i was level 60-70 or something. But 4 hours for a little reward? No thanks.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
Ironhawk

You WERE able to complete this though? Prior to the wipe we were unable to get past the "Beat Stoker in Stokers Lair". We had beaten him, but not in his lair... You did that and got mission compete with no more tasks?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I completed this with a full group last weekend, to add insult to injury, the boss mobs did not even drop anything.

I agree. Don't waste your time.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Yes i completed it without any further quest.
Correction to my post after checking my screenshots:
Stoker in his lair has 3700 health.
The XP reward i think is lower than 4000
I completed this in 4 hour and 20 minute.

Devs please raise the reward and add good drop here.
Thank you.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
THree of us did this last night in 3 hours - it was a grind for sure.

We THINK we completed it - the "Defeat Stoker in Stoker's Lair" did show up even when he was long gone and no place else for us to go -

The reason I think it was over is because when we left the instance the quest did disappear completely from my list.

This is a BAD QUEST don't do it - very little experience, really long time to kill them off, no drops to speak of - unclear and stupid ending to it

Skip it, is my advice.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
I went in once, but got to the first challenge and decided I was not prepared (ie no friends with me) so I fled. Now it doesn't even appear on my quest lists (not that I care, probably don't really want to any way).

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
Peri wrote:

We THINK we completed it - the "Defeat Stoker in Stoker's Lair" did show up even when he was long gone and no place else for us to go -

The reason I think it was over is because when we left the instance the quest did disappear completely from my list.

This is a BAD QUEST don't do it - very little experience, really long time to kill them off, no drops to speak of - unclear and stupid ending to it

Skip it, is my advice.

Hmm..I actually like these quests the best, they offer the best challange you can get in this game at the proper level..

I have seen one extra tough quest area in each of the lands so far, and I like them very much, It gives me and my wife a reason to also play this game not just my kids.

I did this quest in a duo yesterday with my wife, 2 lvl 33 characthers, fire and life.

I noticed the absence of drops however, but that doesn't bother me at all..

On a side note, the whole instance acted very odd(Buggy) on diffrent stages, in the streets we got 4 NPC's in each fight even thou we were 2 in total fighting, and when taking the boss in the factory the game got into some endless stuck up during one of the fights even thou all enemies was killed the game refused to end the fight.

Please, do not plea for CHANGE or whine about these instances, just avoid them instead and LET the players that really likes these kind of challanges have them, they are GREAT.

And please stop the cheat that let's you teleport out of a fight and heal then back again in seconds, add a timer for this. This is just odd.

/junker

/junker

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Sorry junker if my post bothered you but most players are not like you and I still believe that devs should raise the rewards for this instance. It's just ridiculous to spend 4 hours here with so little in return.
I like challenge yes but it should be worth it.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
ironhawk wrote:
I completed this instance level in almost FOUR HOURS .. ugh
It is NOT worth it believe me because we only get about 5,000 XP and maybe 400 gold total. I'm a level 50 and went into Kensington with two friends all level 46, yet it's so hard because the mobs have at least 2,000 health and the bosses higher. The highest is Stoker with 3,200 health i think. And none of us got good drop from there. Also when we get to the last tower we can't go out to get mana or health because we can't teleport back to our friends in there.

It's challenging yes but i don't think i will go in there again. Too long to complete and the rewards are NOT worth it.
Don't go in there. You'll regret.

I hope Devs wil raise the reward for this instance level.
Until then i suggest not to go in there. Waste of time.

So the Sunken City is not harder!!!!???

OMG! I won't be ready for this I haven't even deafeated GRUBB or the Iron guy in the Golem Tower! And i think it is worth it cause you don't have to care about the rewards it is just there so you can have fun.
I wrote this when I was a low level. Look below for when I was a higher lvl.

Ok, well so far I did beat the Sunken City and Golem Tower. LOL I finish Wizard City and Krok. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that. You have to do it IF you want a new storm spell. At least if you are a Storm student.
But I still think it's the fun of the game. But I do agree that not many people are like you Junker, and they wouldn't want to do it. That's your opinion. Not everyone can be like you. Everyone has an opinion. Though, I do think the health is way too high on the jitterbugs. Why not put them with the normal DS mobs. They already have more health than them. LOL!

P.S. I think the xp is great! ( my opinion )

Destiny MistGem
lvl 35

Destiny MistFist
lvl 9

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
junker wrote:
Peri wrote:

Skip it, is my advice.

Hmm..I actually like these quests the best, they offer the best challange you can get in this game at the proper level..

I have seen one extra tough quest area in each of the lands so far, and I like them very much, It gives me and my wife a reason to also play this game not just my kids.

I did this quest in a duo yesterday with my wife, 2 lvl 33 characthers, fire and life.

On a side note, the whole instance acted very odd(Buggy) on diffrent stages, in the streets we got 4 NPC's in each fight even thou we were 2 in total fighting, and when taking the boss in the factory the game got into some endless stuck up during one of the fights even thou all enemies was killed the game refused to end the fight.

Please, do not plea for CHANGE or whine about these instances, just avoid them instead and LET the players that really likes these kind of challanges have them, they are GREAT.

And please stop the cheat that let's you teleport out of a fight and heal then back again in seconds, add a timer for this. This is just odd.

/junker

/junker

Oh, and if your friend or you made West Karana website. Tell them ( or read this yourself ) that kids can defeat bosses and play right and they don't flee during battles if they get to hard. Cause, I am one and i never Fled or play wrong because i defeat all my battles except the really hard ones because I am not a good level yet to use cards because my cards are not strong enough.

And i do believe you can defeat this boss.

So there you have it!!!!!!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Lol, that last post struck me as kind of funny.

Dorrisa says he does not flee unless battles get too hard. Is that not, in a sense, the same thing as other little kids fleeing almost pointlessly all over the place? There must be THOUSANDS of little kids playing this game, and I can guarrantee you that in turn, there will be HUNDREDS of different definitions of what is considered "hard" about an encounter or fight.

On a note, I believe Kennsington is an incredible pain in the rear. I am a storm wizard too, so that makes things considerably worse.

I have actually joined a full group in a Kennsington run, and in the end, we were only three people. After about three hours into Kennsington, nearing the last and final boss, I rushed myself, exited Kennsington, and found myself unable to teleport back to my compatriots. It was the last and final fight of the entire four hour run, and I exited out.

Needless to say, I seriously ended up kicking myself in the behind. But, knowing that there were no extra special drops, or incredible experience points, I quickly got over it.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Yes. Stoker drops Autto Madit, a clockwork spider pet.
To see the pic visit Wizard101 Central forum site:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums
Look for Illustrated Pet List thread under Guides and Question.
But some players also got this pet from the Halloween tower in Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Community Leader
CoolDude1785 wrote:
thanks for the warning :D

by the sound of it i will not be doing this certain area

It's a fun challenge with friends. Round up some people, set a few hours aside and have a go.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
hey guys I will have to agree with most of the people here about kensington park. This is really the only thing I dont like about this game.I cant stand this place. just finished it with 15 minutes to spare on the 3:00 time. The sad thing was is that i started at 900. I am lvl 40. Did the mission with a 33 and a 30. We struggled through the entire place. We spent over 6000 gold on potions to heal each. I was expecting a badge, good drop something. All we got after 6 hrs was a good job. Sure, I made 3000 total gold and made about 3000 xp but for six hrs. That is ridiculus.
Was very disapointed with this mission. Too much health on charecters, no mana orbs or health orbs. Very, Very, difficult. This mission should have access in dragonspiere mission and have better drops with more experience. I can gain that amount of experience in mooshu in 15 minutes.

Overall, I love this game, only game I have a subscription. But this mission really upset me.
expecially the end of it with nothing to gain but waisted time.

Please improve this place guys. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

jcsandels aka james wyrmcatcher

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:

OMG! I won't be ready for this I haven't even deafeated GRUBB or the Iron guy in the Golem Tower! And i think it is worth it cause you don't have to care about the rewards it is for if you have fun.

8)

Friend,.... if you think Sunken City is the hardest battlefield out there, then I strongly suggest you never go near the Crimson Fields in Mooshu; It will save you an ocean of sweat and tears later.....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
Dorrisa wrote:

OMG! I won't be ready for this I haven't even deafeated GRUBB or the Iron guy in the Golem Tower! And i think it is worth it cause you don't have to care about the rewards it is for if you have fun.

8)

Friend,.... if you think Sunken City is the hardest battlefield out there, then I strongly suggest you never go near the Crimson Fields in Mooshu; It will save you an ocean of sweat and tears later.....

8)

That was when I was lvl 10 or something. Now, I am 35 and I have done it with friends. It's so easy.

Destiny MistGem
lvl 35

Destiny MistFist
lvl 9 ( forgotten )

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:

That was when I was lvl 10 or something. Now, I am 35 and I have done it with friends. It's so easy.

Destiny MistGem
lvl 35

Destiny MistFist
lvl 9 ( forgotten )

I tend to not look at Post Dates before commenting ... sorry...

I cut the Reply-Chain short to make this one managable...

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Well I discovered on my own if you accept the quest then go to the woman for a ticket. Then you ride the balloon. Then when you arrive talk to the first one there then flee.

You don't lose health or mana because you are not in battle. When you try to get a ticket again for kesington, it does not show up and I'm happy because i finally managed to get rid of that quest from my quest book.

So some instances are optional some are not. I recommend don't do instances that are optional, it saves time.

Tomb of the Beguliar is optional as I progressed without doing it. Sunken city would be the only one I would do.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
junker wrote:
Peri wrote:

Skip it, is my advice.

/junker

/junker

I finished Kensington, and myself found it also unrewarding. Not even NEAR worth the challenge/hard time it provides. Devs defo need to check this out and consider revamping the loot tables a bit to bring it up to par with its difficulty.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
when i first went in here i thought "clockworks , this is going to be easy" but then when i went to fight Skitch he had around 2450 health and his to minions had like 2000 health so i was shock and then i fled . Now i will never do that place intil im lvl 50 and celestia comes out

Delver
Feb 15, 2009