Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Paid 96,000 to hatch and got same pet!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
i agree.
pet hatching is WAYYYY over priced. you probably got the same pet because the jade oni and the satyr are from the same school.
KI needs to fix the pricing on hatching pets.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
NitroLRS wrote:
i no, first of all the hatch cost is wayyyyy too expensive i can never get that much gold! i mean whats the point if you cant ever get enough, and they need to work on their mix types to where they stop getting the same pet every time. I SICK AND TIRED OF IT!

It's never the same pet.
It's always a combination of the two.
Hatching is primarily about the mix of Talents and Derby skills.
Altering the appearance to become a true Hybrid is just an occasional, uncommon, bonus.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I just spent 26k for a baby ice salamander from a Satyr and Ice Salamander :x

I could have bought 5 of those in Krok for that.

KI, this needs some work. What you want is a different pet.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
This isnt cool at all i have spent 86,000 gold in the past 2 days trying to mix and yet i get a copy of my hydra i dont think its fair that we have to try so hard and be let down like that so if you can KI please do something about it.. :?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
KMK524 wrote:
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
I won't be hatching again.
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.
Even a Saryr body with a oni head would have been acceptable

Kimberly Spirtheart-GrandMaster Life
Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death

If I were you I would go crazy with joy having 2 Saytrs.... You just have to think on the bright side(:

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I had the same prob i mixed a rain demon with a crabling and paid the same amount, only to get another crabling. Why cant you guys at least change them a little or show us what we are going to get before we spend so much. Or post a main list of all the mixing combinations. Now i dont want to mix anything until i know what i am mixing.
WIZARD PEOPLE PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
NitroLRS wrote:
i no, first of all the hatch cost is wayyyyy too expensive i can never get that much gold! i mean whats the point if you cant ever get enough, and they need to work on their mix types to where they stop getting the same pet every time. I SICK AND TIRED OF IT!

i know i paid 60,000 money for mixing a hech hound and a stormzilla , but yet i still got the same pet i am tired of this it has happened to me SEVERAL times and im tired of it, we should get a refund and the pet we wanted :x

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
PEOPLE! You can only hatch hybrids using Level 48 pets and promos, like the danger hound! Pets like the jade oni do NOT create hybrids.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
well the people who think that it is ok to cheat the customers must be one of the few 25 percent who got a rare pet don't know the math but how many is 25percent of 10 million and one .... someone tell me please ...i think las vegas ought add this to their betting polls ...they would become rich

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I do not think that they even NEED the hatchery to tell you the truth.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I also saved up but I saved up when the prices went down. Took a long time but It was sorta easy because I sold unique clothing from the Coven (Four Ravens). I have a helephant pet and I met with someone with the colossus pet. We agreed to hatch. When we hatched I went to the dye shop to see what my pet was. An ICE ONI! I was really excited but when my friend announced he got another colossus, well, I felt bad.

Just shows the rarity of Hybrid pets.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Ok, i think, wait I KNOW this isnt fair. i spent about 2 weeks trying to get gold to hatch with a wraith, and when i finally got the gold i hatched with my friend and about 18 hours later i got, guess what, A HYDRA WITH SAME STATS PLZ PLZ PLZ KI, FIX THIS PROBLEM

Maybe KI should fix this or i'm done with wizard101, well the hatching at least :)

8) Luke SkyWalker GrandMaster Sorcerer 8)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Amethyst45 wrote:
PEOPLE! You can only hatch hybrids using Level 48 pets and promos, like the danger hound! Pets like the jade oni do NOT create hybrids.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner
Not true i mixed a Jade ONi and Helephant and got Forest Oni

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Tis why I never hatch pets. Not only it is a Money-pit. But also a waste of crowns, to buy pet energy, and pet energy snacks to level them up again, and again. To Epic or Ancient.

Pet hatching is way, way to expensive for my taste. The odds are against you, like playing a lottery. You may spend thousands, even millions of gold, total if you are a collector, just to get a pet that you already had before you combined them? The hatching, I think, should be priced lock, depending on the level of pets.

Lets just say 1 level 48 pet: hatching cost 20,000 gold for argument sake.

So say you have 1 level 48 pet, and your friend has another level 48 pet, and would like to combine the two. Then as the example above 20k per level 48 pet. The total cost to hatch would be 40k.. A price lock would be a good option depending on the pet level, because as one person stated they had spent over 100k for a hatch, and what they had gotten, was the same pet he /she used in the first place.

I would feel duped too, and it is deffently a rip-off of their time in getting all that gold, and wasting it all, on something they already had. It is realy unfair.

Oh and sorry a little off topic, what purpose do pets have in PVE? Do they boost things on your wizard. like PiP chance, accuracy, etc? Because to me the pets are a waste if you do not have cards for them, I never notice any difference on my wizard dueling, if I have a pet out that does not have a card to use in battle.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Ok i got like 30,000 gold one day from selling so much stuff from dragonspyre. Then the next day all of it was gone. I was like OH MY GOD NOOOOOOO! i was really mad lol.

-Shannon SwiftStone Grandmaster Thaumaturge
-Kaitlyn RoseFountain Level 26 Life

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
It takes me about 8 hrs playing time to farm enough gold, along with my friend who has to have the same 45,000 in gold to mix our pets. It only takes about 10 min to see that 90,000 vanish with nothing to show for it. If we get the same pets we have, these pets are still stuck in the same school without the ability to be used by another wizard of a different school. We have invested about 1,000,000 gold so far with less than a 20% success rate. By success I mean getting a different pet than what you started with.

KI you should take notice of the frustration this low percent of success is causing your players (or should I say your payers). At first this new part of the game was fun, but it has gotten to the point that it is not very appealling anymore. I am considering stopping game play at least untill the new world comes out. We will be playing other games during this time. If I find a game that is less frustrating in that time I know my grandson and I will be changing our game playing provider. So come on with the new world, or change the pet mixing to a more rewarding experience.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:
Tis why I never hatch pets. Not only it is a Money-pit. But also a waste of crowns, to buy pet energy, and pet energy snacks to level them up again, and again. To Epic or Ancient.

You don't have to buy snacks or Energy refill.
Just use the snacks from drops - they are free.
Several strategies for handling Energy refill - instant refill every time you level, for example.

You may spend thousands, even millions of gold, total if you are a collector, just to get a pet that you already had before you combined them?
Same pet type.
Hatching is more about the mix of stats and abilities than the pet type.
Mix of stats and abilities is 100%. Pet type is random: Might be the same; might be different.

The hatching, I think, should be priced lock, depending on the level of pets.
Level 48 just refers to the level of the quests from which those pets are obtained. There are only 7 of those.

A price lock would be a good option depending on the pet level, because as one person stated they had spent over 100k for a hatch, and what they had gotten, was the same pet he /she used in the first place.
The price is based on the Pedigree of the pet - which is the total number of rarity points in the petnome. We are paying for the mix of Talents and Derby powers. We aren't paying for the pet type.
For instance, my Pedigree-40 Orthrus is much cheaper to Hatch with than my original Pedigree-53 Orthrus.

I would feel duped too, and it is deffently a rip-off of their time in getting all that gold, and wasting it all, on something they already had. It is really unfair.
It's never something they already had - it's the same pet type with a mix of stats and abilities from both parents.

what purpose do pets have in PVE? Do they boost things on your wizard. like PiP chance, accuracy, etc? Because to me the pets are a waste if you do not have cards for them, I never notice any difference on my wizard dueling, if I have a pet out that does not have a card to use in battle.
Yes. The active Talents, like Pip O'Plenty and Death Shot increase pip chance and Death accuracy.
That's really the primary purpose for Hatching.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
well KI changed this making it 43k gold for a grand hatch. i spent about 150k on hatching on my colosssus but it is worth it. try to increase the chance for your mix raise your pet to ancient or epic and hatch with a younger pet. i did that last night and i finally got my frostlord.

Chris Emeraldfinder Lvl 50 Grandmaster Ice
Chris Rainbowcaster Lvl 50 Grandmaster Life

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:
buster415 wrote:
I also spent 100,000 gold and my friend the same amount to combine two level 48 pets, Stormzilla and Orthrus. What I hatched was...ANOTHER STORMZILLA, EXACTLY LIKE I ALREADY HAD! My friend's hatchling was exactly like his Orthrus!

I enjoy playing the game, but feel I have been duped into spending hours and hours on farming, buying crowns for gold and looking forward to a new hatchling, only to receive the exact same pet, (with lower power i might add)

Seems like there should be some kind of compensation, even if it's a really big "I'm Sorry".

Sad to say the least, I hatched a life scarab and a pixie, and got a pixie, hatched a stoem hound and ortheous gor a copy of storm hound with bad stats, hatched wrath with helephant got another helephant. This is very expensive, its not monopoly money, I broke my heart to see my baby crying after spending lots of crowns training and a bunch of hard work farming to get a copy of stormzilla, shame on KI, you should fix this, not make people spend money like its going out of style.
your supposed to get the same pet its for mixing stats not getting hybrids

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
cajunpop wrote:
We have invested about 1,000,000 gold so far with less than a 20% success rate. By success I mean getting a different pet than what you started with.

The success rate is actually 100%. It is always a different pet with a mix of stats and abilities from both parents. At best, the odds of getting one of the 4 possible results from an L48 Hatch is 25%.
But, it's actually somewhat lower odds for the Hybrids since they are more rare.

The APS is actually a great model for teaching kids about how genetic inheritance works. And is a great allegory for understanding the frustration of Henry VIII.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Not all pets will turn into hybrids. The current ones i know of are the lvl 48 pets. I payed 48000 for my hydra and an orthrus and got a basilisk (a myth hydra) I guess you just have to make sure there is a POSSIBILITY you wont get a hybrid, or certain pets together dont make a hybrid at all.

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
well there is a way to get the lv 48 pets at lv 25 thru hatching

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
I hatched TWICE paying forty five thousand each time and just got my helephant again each time! I hatched with ice collusus and satyr i was hoping to get an ice oni.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
I won't be hatching again.
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.
Even a Saryr body with a oni head would have been acceptable

Kimberly Spirtheart-GrandMaster Life
Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death

Believe it or not, that kind of thing, hatching pets and not getting a mix, is sometimes better than getting one. Well, only if you actually use pets and not have them as show. But it's abilities, can change, and get very much better. For example, higher Agitlity, Power, Strength Etc. Also, what they do for you in battle, like higher "Pip o' Plenty" percentage, or higher "Health Gift" or it can give it whole new abilities! look at the pet you got and its stats a bit closer when you see this!