Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heck Hound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2009
Can anyone tell me why all the bosses can use the Spell Heckhound and it is a special quest that you have to go on when you study fire. Just wanted to know.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
DementedOne wrote:
Can anyone tell me why all the bosses can use the Spell Heckhound and it is a special quest that you have to go on when you study fire. Just wanted to know.
Every creature in DS uses

Meteor Strike
WEAKNESS (so annoying)
Storm shark
Heckhound
Some used sprite
Some use minotaur

Survivor
May 04, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
DementedOne wrote:

Meteor Strike
WEAKNESS (so annoying)
Storm shark
Heckhound
Some used sprite
Some use minotaur

No, what I'm saying is that as a player you have to go on a special quest to get it. If you not frie and you a student you can never receive that spell. So why is it that every boss can cast it.

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
DementedOne wrote:

it is because the "DARK LEADER" aka malistare wants then to be power full that is why they all know heck hound, weakness and minitour (spelled wrong)

Alex StarBreeze Level 50 Ice
Richard StarBreeze Level 22 Balance

Hero
May 19, 2009
DementedOne wrote:
DementedOne wrote:

Meteor Strike
WEAKNESS (so annoying)
Storm shark
Heckhound
Some used sprite
Some use minotaur

No, what I'm saying is that as a player you have to go on a special quest to get it. If you not frie and you a student you can never receive that spell. So why is it that every boss can cast it.

Its just a spell to keep your shields down , the same way weakness is used to decrease your attack. The majority of creature know these spells bc it helps keep them alive longer.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
A lot of people don't seem to understand this, but...

MONSTERS ARE NOT WIZARDS.

My interpretation is that KI gave monsters spells that they think represent the monsters abilities. As DS is has a strong fire background monsters are capable of using fire spells such as Heck Hound and Meteor Strike. Their also supposed to be very powerful, thus the weaknesses. It's not as if these monsters got formal training as wizards. They cast spells based on what type of monster they are.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
DementedOne wrote:

Meteor Strike
WEAKNESS (so annoying)
Storm shark
Heckhound
Some used sprite
Some use minotaur

Don't forget regardless of what the school displays shows on them
I seen
Hellaphant
Locust Swarm
Dust Storm (If minion is up)
Humongofrog (if minion is up)
Stormzillas, and Firezillas
Krackens and Bolt Bats (Which both by the way seem more powerful then the original ones)
mutate Krackens, Sharks, aswell as bats
also just about all of them use fire elf, lighting elf, and ice elf.( Fire being the most common, and Ice second most)
I also got hit with Tempest from Storm Bosses a bunch of times (which BTW are annoying to kill when you're Storm, but its bareable if you kinda know how to kill them)

It could be just me or Storm Wizards in general, but both, lists confirm what I been hit with.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Egaad wrote:
A lot of people don't seem to understand this, but...

MONSTERS ARE NOT WIZARDS.

My interpretation is that KI gave monsters spells that they think represent the monsters abilities. As DS is has a strong fire background monsters are capable of using fire spells such as Heck Hound and Meteor Strike. Their also supposed to be very powerful, thus the weaknesses. It's not as if these monsters got formal training as wizards. They cast spells based on what type of monster they are.

Make sence kinda, But I seen Fire NPC's use a lot of High Damage, Storm and Death spells. I even seen Life NPC's use dracula, and ghoul, and Heckhounds.

Every NPC use Fire Elf