Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hard quests LOW xp!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Ya Ya i know i am grandmaster and grizzlheim is easy but when you first go in to grizzleheim at lvl 20 it is a nightmare....counting the fact that it gives around 420 xp until you pass Jotun. Well lets talk about Jotun for a min...SUPER HARD. 8000 health and I think there is three of them like that. I am on that quest now and i know it is hard and not worth it...................does anyone else have complaints like this :(

Hero
May 19, 2009
Low xp bc no one needs it. you can reach lv50 by doing every quest grizzlehiem not included. So why give so much xp if its just going to go to waste?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I actually don't mind....I complete the game through MS, main-line through DS, and have a little XP to spend, so it goes to Grizzle...and the side DS quests are waiting for the new world to open.

Also, while it may be a bit of running around, if you plan well Grizzle isn't all that difficult.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
i just go that quest
and it is SUPER HARD
i am lvl45 and need help with it.
and all you get is 420 xp

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
Well, it gives low XP but that's not the whole focus. You get 100+ gold per quest! And the scenery is the best anywhere by far. Loot isn't bad at the end too. Loot, gold+scenery, they can't make GH have more XP cause all of us would get to GM before Malistaire, maybe even before DS Academy. So I think KI did a GREAT job with GH. Before you complain, think of the good things about GH :-). I like to walk around Vigrid Roughland a lot too, very very peaceful, calm, just the best place to "get-away-from-it-all" in-game

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Even before Grizzleheim was out, you could easily be a grandmaster before you fought Malistaire, so I don't buy that as a reason to give low XP for GH quests.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I was told by like a ton of lvl 50 people that GH is the hardest place they've ever been and to not even try it until lvl 50. Do you guys agree? I did two quests there and they weren't that bad...the 4th time around...:P

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
serenat1998 wrote:
Ya Ya i know i am grandmaster and grizzlheim is easy but when you first go in to grizzleheim at lvl 20 it is a nightmare....counting the fact that it gives around 420 xp until you pass Jotun. Well lets talk about Jotun for a min...SUPER HARD. 8000 health and I think there is three of them like that. I am on that quest now and i know it is hard and not worth it...................does anyone else have complaints like this :(
Well jotun, urik and greitter are possible to beat. but they are extremely hard ands i agree they should give you more xp. though i don't need it i am lvl 50 grand balance. the battle against jotun is unfair but possible it took me about 3 hours of battling to finaly beat down jotun urik grietter and the weak random grendal suprisingly i wasn't a lvl 50 when i beat jotun i was like 30 i think :? me my friend this other guy and a lvl 50 death henchman beat him tips: 1 keep 4 reashuffles in your deck 2 use the same strategy as you did with general stormclaw in warehouse they do about the same thing acept they don't yell help me!!!!! or i saw that but it's good to bring a balance to shield blade and heal and sometimes let loose attacks because when you attack jotun and he has enough pips he will nail someone on your team with stormzilla or storm lord and urik willl use scarecrow greittir might (rarely) use rebirth or centaur so the balance will shield you from urik and jotun's attack :D

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
Even before Grizzleheim was out, you could easily be a grandmaster before you fought Malistaire, so I don't buy that as a reason to give low XP for GH quests.

ill defintly be a grand before malistare im still in drake hatchery and im:

AlexSilverBlood lvl46

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
I totally agree the XP is too low. :( I mean, these tasks are hard for level 20 wizards! At least reward them! I mean, you can get good gold if you do tasks, but who wants to do Jotun with you? I didn't ever want to go again after I finished it.

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48-Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Adept Necromancer Lvl 28-MooShu

Survivor
May 01, 2009
I think that grizzleheim gives good xp for level 20's, but i do agree that ravenscar needs to give more xp. The new quest in grizzleheim the one that came out in july 2010 update gives around a total of 2400xp, which can help because it is easy. :-) :D