Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hardest animation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Dear kingisle's animation team,

What was the hardest spell you had to animate?

Thanks

Developer
As far as Effects animation the hardest spell would definitely be the Ninja Pigs!

Developer
The Satyr summon animation was particularly difficult. Trying to concentrate on an animation while half of the artists river-danced for hours around the art pit (generously offering reference) was fun ... yet challenging. Luckily, no one sprained an ankle!

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
idk, i am not a computer programmer, but i would guess some of the storm spells (kraken, stormzilla, triton) because of the foam in kraken, the bubbles in triton, and the little people in stormzilla

Defender
May 30, 2009
The Satyr summon animation was particularly difficult. Trying to concentrate on an animation while half of the artists river-danced for hours around the art pit (generously offering reference) was fun ... yet challenging. Luckily, no one sprained an ankle!

OH! The mental picture of a bunch of grown people river dancing around the office and then thinking of what the satyr actually does in game CRACKS ME UP! Thanks for the laugh.

Developer
milo10000 wrote:
idk, i am not a computer programmer, but i would guess some of the storm spells (kraken, stormzilla, triton) because of the foam in kraken, the bubbles in triton, and the little people in stormzilla

The foam and crashing waves was a little tricky at times for sure! A lot of trial and error goes into getting these effects to work... Especially when animators are all around my desk trying to river dance and bumping into my computer monitor!