Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cause Of Lot's Of Fizz?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I read somewhere that if you play a lot your fizz rate is low but if you take a couple days off and come back you will fizz a lot. Is there any truth to that?

If it is true isn't this a form of punishment for not playing a lot since the increase of fizz isn't actually game related like accuracy stats or cards that reduce accuracy?

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

I have never found that happening... in fact at times it seems the more I play the more I fizz and mostly on big spells... today I was fighting two enemies and we all fizzed on the same round of the battle... 3 fizzes in a row...

Pat R (Autumn Jadeheart Grand Master Balance)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Fizzling is entirely random. I've fizzled three times in a row on Life spells, which should happen (from scratch) about once in 1,000 tries, if the spells hit 90% of the time. Considering that I've had many more than 1,000 groups of three Life spells, a three-peat fizzle isn't unusual.

Here is the probability of fizzling three times in a row, based on the percentage success rate. This assumes that you use the same success rate (i.e. three Balance spells) all three times. Plug it in for your school:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Cunla wrote:

I have never found that happening... in fact at times it seems the more I play the more I fizz and mostly on big spells... today I was fighting two enemies and we all fizzed on the same round of the battle... 3 fizzes in a row...

I had 4 fizz in a row yesterday. The first regular damage spell cast in the fight fizzed, then pet Firezilla fizzes, then meteor attached to my necklace fizzes, then treasure card fizzed.

Hero
May 19, 2009
colagada wrote:
Fizzling is entirely random. I've fizzled three times in a row on Life spells, which should happen (from scratch) about once in 1,000 tries, if the spells hit 90% of the time. Considering that I've had many more than 1,000 groups of three Life spells, a three-peat fizzle isn't unusual.

Here is the probability of fizzling three times in a row, based on the percentage success rate. This assumes that you use the same success rate (i.e. three Balance spells) all three times. Plug it in for your school:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

umm you cant really place statistics when it comes to probability.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
Cunla wrote:

I had 4 fizz in a row yesterday. The first regular damage spell cast in the fight fizzed, then pet Firezilla fizzes, then meteor attached to my necklace fizzes, then treasure card fizzed.

I found that if I fizzle on one card (let's say a cyclops spell), I try to play that exact same card again next round. More than likely it doesn't fizzle the second time.

If I switch my spell each round, I found it increased the likelihood that I would fizzle again. And I usually did...

Adherent
May 20, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

Those aren't statistics. The table is based on probability. For example, at 90% accuracy, the chance of missing three in a row is 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1, or .001 which is 1 in 1000. At 70%, the chance of missing three in a row is 0.3 x 0.3 x 0.3, which is .027, or about 1 in 37.037

Hero
May 19, 2009
colagada wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

Those aren't statistics. The table is based on probability. For example, at 90% accuracy, the chance of missing three in a row is 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1, or .001 which is 1 in 1000. At 70%, the chance of missing three in a row is 0.3 x 0.3 x 0.3, which is .027, or about 1 in 37.037

Probability means luck or chance, so you cant have any statistice on it. You can have 90% accuracy and still fizzle 100 times in a row.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

Probability means luck or chance, so you cant have any statistice on it. You can have 90% accuracy and still fizzle 100 times in a row.

...And the statistical probability of that happening would be 1 in 10 to the 100th.

Statistics and probability are actually very closely related/inseperable mathematical concepts

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I can explain all this in a couple of lines. ALL HIGH DAMAGE CARDS FIZZLE constantly. It needs a major fix. It is ridiculous. I do not want to here its random because if it was random then low damage cards would FIZZLE as much and they barely do. We need these High damage cards in the upper level zones more, when some bosses have over 2k hp, and there Elite side kicks almost have 1 k HP probly even more hp in the level cap areas. PLEASE FIX THE FIZZLE on High damage cards.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Probability is a mathematical equation. Have you ever taken a math class? The math done here is quite accurate, and furthermore, Probability is an equation that is used in lots of daily happenings and you don't realize it.

Learn your math skills before you go telling someone that probability isn't a term relative to discussion. Open any decent high school textbook and read for yourself. I know, as I've graduated high school and have also graduated college.

Enjoy. Probability says you have a low percentage of enjoying this post! Truth is right there, just find it.

DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
colagada wrote:

70% 1 in 37
75% 1 in 64
80% 1 in 125
85% 1 in 296
90% 1 in 1000

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Speaking of irritating fizzle rates, I fizzled four times with stormzilla against cyrus drake before my fifth attempt actually worked! I only carry two stormzillas so it took me a couple of rounds before i acquired stormzilla for the fifth time. That was ridiculous! I do believe that When there is 70% or more accuracy on a spell that it shouldn't fizzle 80% of the time. If it wouldn't have been for my minotaur minions, I would probably have been toast.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
profrunk wrote:
Speaking of irritating fizzle rates, I fizzled four times with stormzilla against cyrus drake before my fifth attempt actually worked! I only carry two stormzillas so it took me a couple of rounds before i acquired stormzilla for the fifth time. That was ridiculous! I do believe that When there is 70% or more accuracy on a spell that it shouldn't fizzle 80% of the time. If it wouldn't have been for my minotaur minions, I would probably have been toast.

I think the Accuracy percent is not accuracy hit, it is accuracy Fizzle. Meaning a card caries, say.....An 80% on it, do to the extreme rate of these High damage cards Fizzle out. So the 80% to me seems like it realy means an 80% chance that the card will Fizzle on you.

I had 6 Wild Bolts come up in one round , and each time I used the bolt I FIZZED out, 6 times in a row. A FIZZ for Wild Bolt? What is the purpose of this card if we can never use it? I even had my Staff Fizzle out. I noticed if the NPC has, say, 70 hit points left before they are dead. and the round Prior the NPC casted a damage percent bonus on you of there particular school, and you have a staff/wand card that does 90 damage in one hit, and to top it off it is the opposite of the Npc's school which will add a boost hit.

Although you know for a fact the one hit with your wand/staff card will kill the NPC, so you cast the card, and what happens? you Fizz out, Now that damage boost the NPC casted on you prior, lets loose his High damage spell card on you, with no FIZZ, and because of the damage boost the NPC added does a lot more damage and you are the one that ends up dead, not him.

Why NPC's High damage cards barely FIZZLE out, and player High Damage cards always FIZZLE out when we need them to hit? FIX THE FIZZLE RATE ALREADY for pets sake!

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Don't know if this helps any, but my Grandmaster Death seems to fizzle about once in every 40 spells (of his own school) and my Grandmaster Balance seems to fizzle about once in every ten spells (again, in his own school). I'm not sure if it's the cards, or the schools. Seems that Storm has it the worst, as they fizzle even WITH precision cast on them first. *SHRUG*

profrunk wrote: