Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weakness of Myth

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Still while farming the wraith outside the village of sorrow a Balance player ported in, as my Myth had three in pips he had six, from the start of the fight. He placed a Balance blade on himself and a fient on the wraith and when he had about four power pips or five he hit killing the wraith leaving my Myth still stumbling around trying to place traps and blades.
I try to farm with Myth because she needs the gold from selling items dropped but it is a slow process slower much slower than other wizards., I stop using my dog to hit with and changed to Menautar, still slow as a minus 25% will leave the wraith still alive.
When i read about Myth when i made the wizard the game said Myth often fights alone, I have to disagree, Myth struggels when alone. My Grand Life and Balance and fire and Death and storm do not struggel when fighting alone, In the game I have found that in reality Death is probably the strongest wizard in the game. Storm you say? Storms health is too low and he suffers from getting killed and having someone there to heal or help him, Death heals and kills, only two things will stop death and this is half off sheilds and death sheilds. But using converts will get around this.
I love Myth, and would greatly like to see it improved on. This is why i write my experinces with myth here for the game to read. With low pip percentage, and low hitting spells using more traps than any other wizard Myth is a slow very slow wizard. Often giving up pips needed for a hit in order to heal. Yes i Love to bring my Myth out and play her, but I have to be more patient and watchful with her than any other wizard. Make another Myth? Not on your life. Moo Shu with all the Myth there, if not for my storm friend Myth would still be fighting her way out of Moo shu. I will not take her to Malistaire because she can not hold up to the strong hits recieved there. Fire Bender and Gurtox would kill her fast.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Okay so the only myth student I have is a level 16, and I still can present a counter argument.

1. The issue with myth is that you are placing too much emphasis on the use of traps. Your attacks should be more based on blades (A combination of Myth and Spirit Blades), and on the use of minions to weaken enemies so your attacks will produce a kill. You seem to want to kill everything in one attack, but I'm sorry that’s not how myth works.

2. There is a slightly hypocrisy in your complaint. After you said you hated how myth students need to place several blades and traps to attack effectively (which I proved untrue above), you then praise death for its supposed superiority. While death attacks do steal health from opponents, they also need several blades and traps to do effective damage as well. In the process of getting setup for an attack, a death student faces the risk of shields, while a myth student can easily ignore single shields. While I thank you for complementing the school of death so much (my only grandmaster is a death wizard), I believe that death equal weaknesses to all other schools.

3. You said that you often need to spend pips on heals that would either wise be used for an attack. If you summon a minion, the minion can attack while you heal.

4. Myth doesn't get a low pip percentage. A grand myth with all grand items will have a pip chance of 75%. Lesser items will obviously decrease this number.

5. Prisms serve two purposes. One is to circumvent shields; the other is to change an attack to give it a boost, where it would normally face a resistance. You mentioned the use of prisms on your death student, so why not be smart and use myth prisms to gain an edge in Mooshu?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:

I try to farm with Myth because she needs the gold from selling items dropped but it is a slow process slower much slower than other wizards.

If you have other high-level wizards on the same account, you can farm the high-yield bosses and put the drops in the Shared Bank for your Myth wizard to sell at the Bazaar or shops. I'm not going to get into the ethics of this, but just point out that it's an option that apparently isn't against the rules.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DarkBlood1, quit flaming (i think thats the word?) the messages boards with how weak myth is, do you know how annoying you are with this?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Still while farming the wraith outside the village of sorrow a Balance player ported in, as my Myth had three in pips he had six, from the start of the fight. He placed a Balance blade on himself and a fient on the wraith and when he had about four power pips or five he hit killing the wraith leaving my Myth still stumbling around trying to place traps and blades.
I try to farm with Myth because she needs the gold from selling items dropped but it is a slow process slower much slower than other wizards., I stop using my dog to hit with and changed to Menautar, still slow as a minus 25% will leave the wraith still alive.
When i read about Myth when i made the wizard the game said Myth often fights alone, I have to disagree, Myth struggels when alone. My Grand Life and Balance and fire and Death and storm do not struggel when fighting alone, In the game I have found that in reality Death is probably the strongest wizard in the game. Storm you say? Storms health is too low and he suffers from getting killed and having someone there to heal or help him, Death heals and kills, only two things will stop death and this is half off sheilds and death sheilds. But using converts will get around this.
I love Myth, and would greatly like to see it improved on. This is why i write my experinces with myth here for the game to read. With low pip percentage, and low hitting spells using more traps than any other wizard Myth is a slow very slow wizard. Often giving up pips needed for a hit in order to heal. Yes i Love to bring my Myth out and play her, but I have to be more patient and watchful with her than any other wizard. Make another Myth? Not on your life. Moo Shu with all the Myth there, if not for my storm friend Myth would still be fighting her way out of Moo shu. I will not take her to Malistaire because she can not hold up to the strong hits recieved there. Fire Bender and Gurtox would kill her fast.

first of all storm is the strongest wizard. death just cause they can heal and attack means nothing the highest attack death can do is 500! and it cost 6 pips storm can do over 800 plus death has a lot of health but their attacks are weak if you face me with a grand death i have a better chance of winning because my attacks are larger yeah my highest health with storm with storm lvl 50 stuff is 1800 and death's is just about over 1500 i think all i have to do is blade then i get 2 power pips add trap another power pip and then wind storm then a pip and triton (robe) and i do over 2700 game over ok thats it bye