Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

weak wizards out of their world

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Here recently i have been encountering wizards that are in higher level worlds that should not be there. I ran into a level 10 wizard trying to fight in Marleybone. This creates problems with those around them because of trying to keep them alive. You can tell they are low level by how small their health is. I know those with memberships are allowed to port anywhere in the game they desire, but it creates challanges to those at that level trying to keep their self alive much less another. Please if you are new and low in health dont port to these other worlds and ceate problems for those that are there. I have quit making friends with low health wizards because of this, but still they port in on someone else, so in future i let them die, it is too hard to try to keep a weak wizard in Dragonspyre alive because it could get you killed.
I wish the game would ony let wizards low in health port to regent square or the commons instead of right into a fight. Maybe this could be controlled by the Level the wizard is, if level 10 he can only port to commons in Dragonspyre, or regent square, and when he levels up then he can access the world he is able to withstand the hits in.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I usually let them die. They should have looked to see where you were or asked if you were in battle before porting. If you're lucky they will distract a hit or two away from you!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I have seen things like that and they begged me to join but i said no because i knew keeping them alive and it could kill you and i agree they should stay in the world they are aloud to port to so they wouldent cause all this death to higher level wizards. :D My name is Devin NightRider. I am level 21 if you ever see me online text me hello and ask me if i want to be your friend and i will say yes. :-) see ya online!!!

Defender
May 09, 2009
sometimes their are the people that have trouble getting to new worlds cause they lose track of which is the main quest so they get friends to port them to worlds so they can see what awaits them.

sometimes their dont think strait and start going around to monster areas and end up in a fight. if this happens you should let them take the responsiblity for getting in a fight thats out of their lege buy letting them fend for theirself. they may hate you for it but at least they wont try it again until their ready.

instead kill the ones that are after you first then kill the others if the lowerlvl can survive that long then hurray for them. but if they do nothing just quit out to character selection then click play again that usally takes to you to a differnt realm.

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
It can also be very annoying if the low level person keeps asking you to take them to a new world or help them fight malistaire when they are only like level 10 first because they cand fend for them selves and they take up room for high le el people to join

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Here recently i have been encountering wizards that are in higher level worlds that should not be there. I ran into a level 10 wizard trying to fight in Marleybone. This creates problems with those around them because of trying to keep them alive. You can tell they are low level by how small their health is. I know those with memberships are allowed to port anywhere in the game they desire, but it creates challanges to those at that level trying to keep their self alive much less another. Please if you are new and low in health dont port to these other worlds and ceate problems for those that are there. I have quit making friends with low health wizards because of this, but still they port in on someone else, so in future i let them die, it is too hard to try to keep a weak wizard in Dragonspyre alive because it could get you killed.
I wish the game would ony let wizards low in health port to regent square or the commons instead of right into a fight. Maybe this could be controlled by the Level the wizard is, if level 10 he can only port to commons in Dragonspyre, or regent square, and when he levels up then he can access the world he is able to withstand the hits in.

I know right i mean its like today i was walking through MB and a lvl !4! guy tried to get me to help him cuz he got in a fight.
I say if they cant fight in the world they go to they should stay out of it. it just causes problems for other players that CAN kill stuff there. the noobs should just but out and stick to their own world b4 they come to MB or krok or DS and try to kill stuff. - Rebecca Winterpetal ( if u see me, leave me) :)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
When did they change this? When I first joined (A year and a half ago) you couldn't port to a world you weren't ready for.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I was doing malistare with 2 other grandmasters, and a lvl 1 ported to the grand when we were in the crown of fire and refused to leave. So we all left and hurried back in the duengon so he thought we left and when we got back to the crown of fire he had like 59 life left battling a dracionon. the weak wizards really have to learn to just do their quests!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
MarcBladebreaker wrote:
When did they change this? When I first joined (A year and a half ago) you couldn't port to a world you weren't ready for.

I wish it stayed this way. THERE IS NO REASON! a low level should be in any high level zones in the first place. These places exist to the higher levels, because, us high levels EARNED the right to be in the High level zones in the first place.

I had to work my butt off to get to the next world, why should lowbies get a free ride? If A low level ports on a friend in the same battle with me. I NEVER, NEVER try to keep the lowbie alive, I know it sounds mean, but just because he wants to leach off his friend to get him around, why should I suffer. He IS NOT SUPPOSE to be in the zone in the first place.

I would even go to the point to use reduce threat cards on creatures like crazy, so whatever is attacking me attacks one of the other guys instead, I will not even heal the lowbies friend, because he lets his friend get a free ride? Noway. He was the moron that allowed his friend to leach off him. I WILL not clean up the pieces, and try to keep them both alive.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I totally agree,but i think if they are trying to help a friend out they can.I mean i bet when you were level 10 you were there.But you were most likely helping out a friend.But if you weren't,im just telling you know you don't belong in there!

Jennifer,Fire Wizard

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I just beat Malistaire for the first time today , but I have to say that when I was low level I ported to higher worlds only to see what they looked like. Please, I would never fight in higher worlds. I know what you mean though, in Dragonspyre I see so many level 25 people that keep trying to add me, and I get so annoyed. THIS IS A MESSAGE TO PEOPLE THAT GO TO HIGHER WORLDS THAT FIGHT AND/OR ADD HIGHER WIZARDS JUST FOR THE HELP: Stop it! Stay in the world where you belong!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Frustrating as it may be, I am not opposed to lower level wizards porting to see higher level worlds. When they interfere in fights, I let them die, to teach them a lesson that touring is fun but know your place. It generally gives them motivation to level up to be able to join me at all worlds across the Spiral. And if I get a really annoying porter-haven't had one in a while-I unfriend them and let them die, problem solved. If more people would follow this philosophy fewer lower levels would port uninvited and attempt to stay where they haven't earned the right to be.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
ug I hate that i just got to kroktoepia and saw a level 5 wizerd there
I am level 16 and worked hard to get in kroktopia no fair

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
audi67231 wrote:
ug I hate that i just got to kroktoepia and saw a level 5 wizerd there
I am level 16 and worked hard to get in kroktopia no fair

and most of them are non chatters so you can not tell them to get lost, and come back to this world when they are level qualified. They need to earn the right to be in the world, Everybody else had to. What makes him/her so special

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
ya i would say ingore them. But this weird glich happened to me i was in ms and i just my computer and came back to find i was in ds fighting this crystal grove spider and i did not port to anyone. but i am a grandmaster now.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
and I was just baddelig a boss in kroktopia a low level came in and broke
my traps with wekk spells and I lost I am soooo mad that boss
was for a qust the low be messed it up

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Generally, if I see someone that is low-level and in an area that is to high standard for them I don't offer any help and I don't talk to them. If they try and friend me I refuse their friendship. I don't friend anyone below 35 unless I know them personally.

My suggestion is to "dump" low levels from your friend list so they can't port to the upper class worlds. Yes, lower levels do have excess to "all" the worlds but they don't have the spiral key's till they earn them. And usually by the time they earn them they are at a proper level for that spiral key they just earned.

The only reason they were able to get to upper worlds were because they had befriended someone that had high enough level to be there. They did not access the worlds on their own. They piggy backed over using their friends.

The best way to deter this is to shut down the friend transport device. However that doesn't work well, because you may have a friend that wants to join you. And turning the transport off doesn't work for your upper level friends that you want to get to you . I think what Wizard101 should look into doing is fixing it so if you don't have the spiral key to the world you can't access it till you earn it. I think that would work best. This way they can't transport to the person they want to get too.

A message could flash up that says to lower levels;

"Sorry you have not earned that spiral key to that area yet. Try again later once you earn the spiral key."

Problem solved and nobody is for worse of wear. For those that think this is unfair and they can't get anyone to help them in a certain world, try making new friends in the new worlds you earn your way into. I think this right here would make it better for everyone.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
1avenger wrote:
ya i would say ingore them. But this weird glich happened to me i was in ms and i just my computer and came back to find i was in ds fighting this crystal grove spider and i did not port to anyone. but i am a grandmaster now.

Btw I forgot to add, generally if a lower level player jumps in my fight or they are fighting alone I do not come to their aid if they are too low of a lvel to be in an area. Say a level 10 is in an area for a level 35 or above. They are on their own and I do not offer to heal them, nor will I... They should wait till they are higher level like everyone else. I ignore them let them die off as I heal myself. I don't care what they think.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I keep seeing Krok level wizards popping into fights while farming the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests - it is nuts.

I try to ignore them when they use the traps(grrr feint) with their wooden stick but then a friendly Lifer keeps them alive!

Oh well, I was one a level 23 wizard 5 or 6 times ago...
BTW I still hate Marleybone

Rhemas

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Rhemas wrote:
I keep seeing Krok level wizards popping into fights while farming the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests - it is nuts.

I try to ignore them when they use the traps(grrr feint) with their wooden stick but then a friendly Lifer keeps them alive!

Oh well, I was one a level 23 wizard 5 or 6 times ago...
BTW I still hate Marleybone

Rhemas

I don't like marlybone either. Mooshu is my favorite world of all the worlds.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:

I know some can be annoying but u dont have to be so harsh. SOme of them might be new players that dont know what the other worlds look like so just give them a break. Im not trying to be rude im just saying. I was curious when i started playing.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DouDou123 wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:

I know some can be annoying but u dont have to be so harsh. SOme of them might be new players that dont know what the other worlds look like so just give them a break. Im not trying to be rude im just saying. I was curious when i started playing.

I understand what both of you are saying. I was in the Ironworks in Marleybone, and a level 3 friend teleported to me in the dungeon. I was in the middle of a battle and this brought in a third enemy for me to fight. The level 3 had only 400+ health, which didn't last long. She kept asking me to save her, but I had a hard enough time keeping myself alive and fighting three, instead of just two, enemies.

She felt bad that she died and said she was so embarassed. I told her not to be embarassed. We all die in the game sometimes. But then I asked her to please not to teleport back to me in this area or any higher areas until she was stronger. She said ok, and then I told her to let me know if she needs any help.

She meant well, but I eventually died too, and had to go to Reagents Square and then return to the dungeon. :(

But in case she is reading this, I wanted to mention that it's always a good idea to ask your friend "would you like some help" before you port to them. There is even a question just like this in the Menu Chat in case you don't have Text Chat. That way your friend can tell you "yes" or "no".