Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I'm really frustrated at the moment. Why would this game label a boss as a class that it doesn't even cast a spell from? I'm trying to do my quest to get my fire wizard its level 28 spell and am fighting Incinerator who is SUPPOSED to be lightening but this boss casts death and fire. Not one lightening spell is cast by this boss. Why bother giving the mobs classes if they don't follow them? If this is supposed to be a lesson in frustration it has succeeded. Set up my deck, go in with a strategy soloing against two bosses and then killed because the mobs don't cast in the class they are classified as. Why bother.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lanide wrote:
I'm really frustrated at the moment. Why would this game label a boss as a class that it doesn't even cast a spell from? I'm trying to do my quest to get my fire wizard its level 28 spell and am fighting Incinerator who is SUPPOSED to be lightening but this boss casts death and fire. Not one lightening spell is cast by this boss. Why bother giving the mobs classes if they don't follow them? If this is supposed to be a lesson in frustration it has succeeded. Set up my deck, go in with a strategy soloing against two bosses and then killed because the mobs don't cast in the class they are classified as. Why bother.

Oooooohhhhh!!!! You are gonna LOVE Dragonspyre (NOT)...

Nobody up there sticks to their school. Be prepared.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It's been like that for a long time. I see you're going for your Fire's spell quest. Ask a friend to help, I believe this fight is not one of the must-solo fights.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It might be mislabeled. I wouldn't think a boss named "Mr. Incinerator" would be a Storm boss.

Perhaps the techs can take a look at this to see if the storm label is a typo.

As for Mr. Incincerator, you might want to set your deck up to stop fire and death attacks. If you don't have any fire-retardant shields, perhaps you can purchase some at the Bazaar or Library.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
THis is a common problem that has been around for over a year and not just with bosses. Get used to it, no one seems interested in correcting it.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Bosses and mobs are known to use treasure cards much in the same manner we do. You can purchase an amulet from the bazaar to help with a particular shield or a general shield(tower) although I'm not sure what level you need to be to use them. You can also train in Ice as a secondary school until you get the tower shield spell. That's what a lot of the players do.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
In the manual it says that the monster's class indicates its resistances. It says nothing about indicating what it can cast or not. I figure we Wizards are unique, and even privileged, by having been able to go to school where we could specialize, and many of us still cast spells from other schools.

I admit that the weakness addiction in DS is annoying. I armored up my Ice wizard and just waited to attack. I had four weaknesses on me by the time the armor was wearing thin. Four! This can be dealt with, but it is annoying. Annoyed by the bad guys... go figure.