Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets in battle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I've read on the preview page and else where that pets will finally be able to help us in battle. Well, this is not what I had in mind. I thought pets would actually duel along side of us like minions would according to the way KI had worded it before. This is a major dissappointment. Pets are starting to branch off into a whole new game of their own the way this is going. Pets could have easily become at least weak minions if not average power minions. Giving them more power in battle as they grow stronger would be a great way to help out wizards when they are in a bind and can't find help during quests. It is already becoming hard enough so as it is finding good friends that will be able to help you with certain things in game. We could really use pets that can give us a little more help in battle since Celestia is drawing nearer.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Honestly I have to agree. There is like one pet that does help in battle but only for 1 round. Its sad like what if the pet passes! I, for example have an ice snake and it gives me a weak spell card but what if he used some spells such as ice beetle, ice trap, and ice snake. Maybe even tower shield. Also a ghoul so he could heal. Could work..

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. I think even a weak pet like piggle could help for those who are lower leveled and can"t summon minions yet like conjurers can. The golem minion spell summons a living puppet that usually lasts a while before an opponent desides to attack it. Such pets as blood bats and fire cats could work similar to the living puppet minion. This would allow players to be able to conserve mana in dungeons as well. My rain collosus would be able to help me through Kensington Park if I ever get to complete that dungeon. And Sickk's ice snake could use sprite instead of ghoul so it can heal.