Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to enable Open Chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Hi,

I am an adult subscriber, but in my account options I only see option to enable the regular Text Chat.

How do I enable open chat please?

Thanks

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.
This option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.
Make sure you have Filtered Chat Enabled, as well as Open Chat Enabled. They must BOTH be Enabled for Open Chat to work.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Thanks.

I checked but I do not even have an option to turn on Open Chat.

The only options available are:

Chat - Filtered Text : On

Chat - True Friends Code: On

Gifting: On

Parental Controls: Off

Which menu / where can I find the Open Chat option please? Thanks

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Beeshma wrote:
Thanks.

I checked but I do not even have an option to turn on Open Chat.

The only options available are:

Chat - Filtered Text : On

Chat - True Friends Code: On

Gifting: On

Parental Controls: Off

Which menu / where can I find the Open Chat option please? Thanks

I think the Parental Controls option is your holdup here.
You probably need to "login" to Parental Controls at the top of that same page (even though you are an adult subscriber). Then you should see the Open Chat option and you can turn it on. Hope this works...

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Thanks. I tried that, still do not get the Open Chat option :-(

I also tried to "configure" parental control by using my same email and setting a password, logging in with that one - still no luck.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Beeshma wrote:
Thanks. I tried that, still do not get the Open Chat option :-(

I also tried to "configure" parental control by using my same email and setting a password, logging in with that one - still no luck.

Wow. I don't know. I guess at this point your best bet is to send an e-mail to Help and Support. Use the "contact us" tab at the bottom of this page, or use the "Help and Support" section on the left side of the page. The "contact us" tab is in that section too.