Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
I would love to see crafting in this game and find it odd that I didn't find any posts about crafting yet. Well, here is my idea about crafting.

Step 1, Bace Item
Base items such and Robs and Rings may be Purchased, Looted, Quested or Crafted. These items have power ratings that deturmine how many and how powerfull of enchantments that can be placed on them. The ratins would include Total Power Rating and ratings for the maximum power per enchantment for Related, Unrelated and Opposing enchantments for an item.

Enchantments
Enchantments would be Crafted, Purchased, Looted, Quested or Traded. They have a Power Cost and may have a school association. Additionaly certain enchantments are more relivent to certain types of equipment.

Cards
Treasure Cards may be applied to an item that is receptive to giving cards however it may require a certain number of the same card to enchant an item to give it.

Focus Items
Focus Items are a type of Enchantment that would increase the power of an item but put restrictions on what can be placed on the item. For example: A Storm Focus applied to a robe would increase it's power but it would align the item with Storm, anything not storm related, or possibly generic, would be concidered Opposing, Storm related would be concidered Alligned for maximum power of an individual enchantment. In addition to Focus Items that restrict what can be put on an item, a more powerful version would also restrict who can use it.

Crafting
Similar to learning spells you can learn recipies for various items from the proffesors. School associated abilities would be found with their respective proffesor, all others would be found on the Storm Proffesor as the Storm School is the Crafting School. The power of an Enchantment that you can created would be dependent on the level in the relivent school you are. So, in your primary school you would have access to everything up to your level, but for any other school it depends on how high you have trained in it. For generic recipies anyone can talk to the Storm Proffesor and use their own primary school as the deturmining factor for aquiring them.

In addition to the perminantly learned recipies there would be limited use recipies aquired through Quests, Crown Purchase or Loot. These would tend to be more powerful versions of perminant recipies.

Enchanting
Once you have the Base Item and any Enchantments you want to put on it it's time to enchant the item!

Step One, Apply any Focus you wish, a Focus must be applied before any other Enchantments and an item may generaly only have one Focus, though there may be rare base items that can accept multiple Foci. This is done at a Workbench located inside the Schools and various other public buildings.

Step Two, Apply Enchantments, this is done in the same way as a Focus, however as you apply Enchantments you will see the "current power" of the item being enchanted drop. As long as the item still has unused power you can come back and add a new enchantment or upgrade an existing enchantment by applying an identical but more powerful version over the old one.

Well, that's all I have for now, input is welcome.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Just a reminder that this game is intended for family. I've played so many games with crafting, and save for a very small few, its ruined them. Keep in mind that this needs to be simple as possible while still being interesting for the wee ones.
Our little family is enjoying the game as is. It's straight forward with little filler.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
I think crafting is a wonderful idea, and is both family friendly and perfectly graspable by wee ones (especially those who can grasp the combat system which does require the ability to plan and think ahead). Crafting, if done right in a game, promotes creative thinking and teaches the wee ones that things come from people and materials, not just the store. I would LOVE to see crafting implemented in Wizard 101. Here's hoping.

~~Silentfaun

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I think crafting is a cool addition,but have one question. How do i open a crafting slot so better able to explain to younger playing members?

eva darkspell

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I have 1 question, do the slot resets have to take so long? For big items like that carousel then ok but seriously 3 and 1/2 hrs. for one athame that gives you 3% incoming health?