Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have old pet drops changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I recently got the myth sprite dropped from Rattlebones, and thought it would be fun to collect the sprite and dark sprite to go with her. I have been repeatedly battling Alicane (enough to get four 24 hr mounts dropped) and Bastilla Gravewynd (hey another of her staffs!) over the last several days but no pet drops. Were some of the old boss pet drops removed with the recent change, or am I just extraordinarily unlucky?

Edited because I'm sure I'm not unlicky.

Defender
May 08, 2009
I believe you are more likely to get the Dark Sprite from either Lord Nightshade or Foulgaze.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I gave up on Foulgaze because I was getting a significant amount of no loot drops from him (one is six?). Nightshade is too hard with three minions.

I have spent twice the time with Alicane that it took me to get the pets off of both Gobblestone and Akilles. If it is just bad luck on my part, I can deal, but it seemed plausible that there could be a correlation with the changes to pets in general.

G

Defender
May 08, 2009
Ginnintonix wrote:
I gave up on Foulgaze because I was getting a significant amount of no loot drops from him (one is six?). Nightshade is too hard with three minions.

I have spent twice the time with Alicane that it took me to get the pets off of both Gobblestone and Akilles. If it is just bad luck on my part, I can deal, but it seemed plausible that there could be a correlation with the changes to pets in general.

G

Nightshade is much easier with just you and another strong wizard,as he will only have one minion.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Alicane swiftarrow still drops the sprite but it is hard to get. I farmed him on and off (usually 10-20 times each) for two weeks and just got it last night. The dark fairy from Nightshade is the same way. I ended up with around 15 one day mounts after it was all said and done but keep trying, they still drop these pets!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Well, until very recently, I had no idea about the myth sprite. When I learned of it, I started farming Rattlebones to get one. In only a day or two I managed to win at least 5 eggs, although I'd fought him several times before without knowing of this pet.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
well imust be the luckiest person here cause it only took me a few battles to get the dark sprite and the regular sprite