Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hi Roland Silverheart

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for coming to the boards...however it's too late to save me as a subscriber. I've let one account lapse, and unsubscribed the second account today which expires on June 26th.

I've felt for some time that you neglected the PvP portion of your game which at one point was exceedingly simple and fun to use. This recent patch pretty much signalled the death knell as for me being a player in your game, but what surprised me is both my 7 year old and 10 year old sons feel the same way. They actually signed off on my cancelling the accounts. I guess if you were to somehow rethink your position on PvP we might return as subscribers, but somehow I think it's one of those Pandora's Box equations where once it's opened you can't really shut it.

I'll give you a quick outline of both my, and my sons' frustrations:

1) Promised rank resets with no follow through or even a comment as to why it wasn't reset.
2) Matching systems that allow people to sit in a queue for 2+ hours at a time, only to be faced with another frustrated player who is ranking their toon down because they can't get matches either.
3) Matching system that mismatches due to a game bug (-1) that goes unfixed for over a year.
4) New pet patch that is essentially a bad beta test, and an impossibly tedious leveling process for those pets (my kids pet peeve...they were bored with the Pet Pavilion within a week)
5) A total lack of response to the griefing player killers that abuse game mechanics to take the spirit of competition from the game, and ignoring the ridiculous behavior of those same players when they taunt the players they kill. This has done more to drive young players from the PvP portion of the game than any other issue. Try explaining to your kids the concept of sportsmanship after they got chain stunned and belittled by 3 down ranked and geared grandmasters on their level 45 toon with a couple of friends.

Sadly to me a lot of these PvP issues could of been easily addressed by having staff randomly drop in on matches in the arena over the course of a week, instead it seems you've chosen to ignore the portion of your PvP community that actually understands what makes a good PvP game and draws and holds the attention of that community. I think you'll find that a large portion of your multi-account subscriber base is active in PvP, and are at the same crossroads as me.

Thanks for building the game guys.....I had a lot of fun and you had it pretty close to being right for a very long time. Best of luck with the focus you've chosen.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
i agree- the pet thing stinks
i agree- pvp is glitched like crazy now
i agree- KI should fix it
i disagree- chain stunning isn't wrong
i disagree- you shouldn't leave the game

did you say they were level 45? then they still have A LOT of work to do!
ok, pets arent that hard to age, all you do is do it like once every day, and besides that, do questing or pvp.
i am gonna lay low from pvp for a while- why?
it has too many bugs at the moment.

oh and here is a big disagreement!
PvP is NOT a minor part of the game KI!!!
you may think that questing is the biggest part, but NO!
KI, people only continue the game because once they got to grandmaster, they did pvp, THEN saw how amazing the other schools are!
so they thought to get another character so they can have those spells!
without Pvp, wizard101 would have to be getting new players constantly!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
No....I mentioned that 3 level 45 players trash talked my son belittling his pvp strategies and were rude, bordering on abusive. I'll also tell you I was so irate that I jumped on my sons toon and challenged them all to duel me. We went to the old arena and I killed the two that accepted the challenge. I may not have been as polite about the outcome as I normally would be.

My initial character is a death wizard named Valdus Wildthorn that I leveled to Grandmaster soon after the game went live. I've participated in tournaments put on by Central since they began and was a Tournament Master for awhile in charge of organizing and managing the tournaments. Since then I've leveled up characters to the following levels:

Balance to level 50
Fire to level 49
Storm to level 48
Two Myth to level 49

I've also leveled up to the following levels for different types of tournaments that have been put on that have level restrictions:

Fire to level 19 with full commander gear and warlord rank
Storm to level 25 with full commander gear and warlord rank
Life to level 28 with half commander gear and commander or warlord rank
Ice to level 16

All of my higher ranked toons have ranked up past 1500 rank (except storm) and ranked down at some point. In the last three months I decided to just rank up and haven't ranked down at all and they rank from about 1500 to 1700 rank at the moment.

Chain stunning IS wrong. It isn't PvP it is Player Killing. There is no challenge to it because the outcome is determined immediately and there is no effective counter to it. People do it for two reasons, to accumulate gear via tickets or to abuse their opponents by taunting. I appreciate your input musicmaster, but you've played in the Central tournaments and you know that I've won more than one of them.

Defender
May 08, 2009
hgprather1 wrote:
No....I mentioned that 3 level 45 players trash talked my son belittling his pvp strategies and were rude, bordering on abusive. I'll also tell you I was so irate that I jumped on my sons toon and challenged them all to duel me. We went to the old arena and I killed the two that accepted the challenge. I may not have been as polite about the outcome as I normally would be.

My initial character is a death wizard named Valdus Wildthorn that I leveled to Grandmaster soon after the game went live. I've participated in tournaments put on by Central since they began and was a Tournament Master for awhile in charge of organizing and managing the tournaments. Since then I've leveled up characters to the following levels:

Balance to level 50
Fire to level 49
Storm to level 48
Two Myth to level 49

I've also leveled up to the following levels for different types of tournaments that have been put on that have level restrictions:

Fire to level 19 with full commander gear and warlord rank
Storm to level 25 with full commander gear and warlord rank
Life to level 28 with half commander gear and commander or warlord rank
Ice to level 16

All of my higher ranked toons have ranked up past 1500 rank (except storm) and ranked down at some point. In the last three months I decided to just rank up and haven't ranked down at all and they rank from about 1500 to 1700 rank at the moment.

Chain stunning IS wrong. It isn't PvP it is Player Killing. There is no challenge to it because the outcome is determined immediately and there is no effective counter to it. People do it for two reasons, to accumulate gear via tickets or to abuse their opponents by taunting. I appreciate your input musicmaster, but you've played in the Central tournaments and you know that I've won more than one of them.

Sorry your son got belittled.A simple way to fix this is to go to options,go to the lock symbol,then put on "block PVP enemy chat".