Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiffy-Pop Update

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've listened and thanks to you it's been determined that Spiffy-Pop was not working as intended. Players were getting frozen, then popped to the finish line a lap ahead.

After the next maintenance, Spiffy-Pop will move the pet behind to the next pet ahead, as was intended.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Which is still too powerful compared to most talents pets can have.

If you are in a distant second place to the leader that has a half lap lead on you do you really think any other talent out there shows any parity in this talent?

I don't.

You really have to analyze the result from this talent and see how other talents barely offset the potential of this.

Most talents last a few seconds that don't result in such a huge change in circumstances for someone who has spiffy pop.

You can just time it when you are at full speed then use the talent and easily beat the person ahead without any worry about obstacles or such.

I still see this as a very unfair pet talent to have that is much more over powered than comparable talents.

Oil slick a supposed "epic" talent causes about 2 seconds of inconvenience...

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Still to powerful? How is this skill even viable? If you are in first place its useless. If you are in 4th its also useless unless u are a mile behind the pack!

If your in second maybe then this is the time to use this skill. Even then it does not do you any good. First off you lag before you teleport. When you finally do land on the pet you teleported to you are still behind because that pet is still moving ahead and your progress stop's for 1 - 2 seconds when you land. So really this skill is useless now.

It was a great skill to use when you were in first place on the first lap.

This skill now does not work correctly again.

If in fact you were in first place.

Lets say you teleported to the next pet ahead. Would that not in turn take you around the track and to the person in fourth place? Not teleport you backwards? That is again not smart. Now for the people who whined about being beaten by spiffy pop i am sorry you didn't get the skill. Now for those who did have spiffy pop and figured out how to use it to go a lap ahead i applaud you. Smart thinking and basic reasoning skills would prove to be the factor in winning the race here not spiffy pop it self.

Now for wizard101. Please reinstate this skill as it was before.. There is no point in having a broken skill on a pet. Especially when i paid arena tickets and had to have pet captain or commander to receive my pet.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Spiffy-Pop is still such on over-powered derby talent, since I am pretty pro at derby, I usually win by about half a lap, but I raced some not so good people, was a whole lap ahead 10 seconds away from finishing race, used all my morale, then got popped at the last second, thank goodness my speed booster was 9x. He called me a noob derby hacker cause he didn't win.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Spiffy-Pop is still such on over-powered derby talent, since I am pretty pro at derby, I usually win by about half a lap, but I raced some not so good people, was a whole lap ahead 10 seconds away from finishing race, used all my morale, then got popped at the last second, thank goodness my speed booster was 9x. He called me a noob derby hacker cause he didn't win.

sorry he said that. i have been called names to, but quite frankly, i suck at derby (i am not very proud ). i have never heard of spiffy-pop move, but then again, i am not that great a racer. and also my highest ranking pet is teen. (again, i am a horrible pet racer:() so i basicly have nothing to say on this topic. but, in my mind, this is a glitch, just like the trading of enchanted treasure cards (good call there, KI! :D) so it should be made the way it was intended.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
See now I'm already a Warlord on my wiz, 905 42 golds 9 silvers no losses, and I have to say, I only used a pixie with super charge to get that, and I've faced Spiffy-Pop but its not even that bad. I've beaten many people with it. Now this is coming from someone without Spiffy-Pop, and I think it's fair, it's like a whole Balance Judgement thing. Mainly the way I can see it is if you have Spiffy-Pop your a noob. In which isn't true. To me (or was I'm already Warlord no point in trying with it now) it's "As long as I come in second or first, It's fine" as long as I win and don't loss its fine with me.