Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stat Cap and XP from Snacks and Games

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Previously players were seeing that their Ancient pets are only receiving 1 experience point per game after their stats are at maximum.

Now players will receive full experience from the pet mini-games even after the stat max is reached. In other words if the player gains a +4 to a stat, then they will gain +4 experience if that stat is at max.

Snacks will also provide full experience from eating the snack, even if their stats are at max. If the player feeds their pet say... a Fancy Yogurt and gains +15 Strength, +15 Will, and +20 Power and is at the stat cap. The pet will still gain 50 Exp from eating the snack.

Full XP will be granted for stat overflows. For example, let's say my Will is 249/250 and I ace the cannon game and then eat a Golden Biscuit ( 4 Game + 4 Snack ) = 8 Will. That would normally give me 1 Will and 1 Exp. Instead, it will now give me 1 Will and 8 Exp.

This should make getting your pet to Ancient must less painful.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Thank you Gamma and KI! I now look forward to taking my pet to Epic. Thanks again for listening to the concerns of us players.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
THANK YOU SO MUCH GAMMA!

I have just copied this information to W101 Central to share with all Members of the game.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
All I can say is....

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you !!!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Hero
May 19, 2009
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Gamma wrote:
I just want to give our players a heads up about some issues we are going to address shortly.

Currently players are seeing that their Ancient pets are only receiving 1 experience point per game after their stats are at maximum.

After the next maintenance period, players will receive full experience from the pet mini-games even after the stat max is reached. In other words if the player gains a +4 to a stat, then they will gain +4 experience if that stat is at max.

Snacks will also provide full experience from eating the snack, even if their stats are at max. If the player feeds their pet say... a Fancy Yogurt and gains +15 Strength, +15 Will, and +20 Power and is at the stat cap. The pet will still gain 50 Exp from eating the snack.

Full XP will be granted for stat overflows. For example, let's say my Will is 249/250 and I ace the cannon game and then eat a Golden Biscuit ( 4 Game + 4 Snack ) = 8 Will. That would normally give me 1 Will and 1 Exp. Instead, it will now give me 1 Will and 8 Exp.

This should make getting your pet to Ancient must less painful.

thank you so much i have an ancient hydra and it does that on mega snack pack i said wow i new it was because my stats were maxed out now i can try to make it to epic! :-o

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
This news excites me! I reported this in TEST but I guess perhaps the fix was larger than expected so it took time to do it. Thankfully, now we can get to Epic! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Explorer
May 02, 2010
Thank you for fixing this as I have maxed out my ancient school pets stats including energy. I was feeling trapped in a corner for being so loving to my pet. :-D 8)

Defender
May 02, 2010
Thank you so much! Now I can get my Life Minotaur and Storm Cat to Epic!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
GAMMA I LOVE YOU NOW SO MUCH! <3<3<3

YES!!!! WE DO LOVE GAMMA!!! (Harry Potter's owl is now #2 :-D)!!!!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
THANK YOU

I think this is a great move that will encourage players to continue using the pet system. :-D