Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tomb of the Beguiler - warning do not enter unless

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
yeah even with a partner my ice wizard seems to die all the time on either the first spider boss or the boss right after. which annoys me cuase this is it then im out of krok which is by far the dumbest and most boring place in game

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Yaah that is my problem to. I was with this lev. 37 pyromancer girl and she never did any attacking. I checked out how much mana she had, AND SHE HAD FULL MANA. I was so mad I just left. . If any body can help me I would be on today at 5 pm.

My screen name is Talon Ironwalker. My pet is a lucky leprochan named Sir scooter. I am level 27 pyromancer. Order of the Fang

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Let me just sum this up for ya

Thinking about trying the /tomb of the Beguiler? DON'T! Unless you're invincible and have a lot of time on your hands it's not worth it. If the enemies and the bosses dont kill you the boredom of the trip will!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
This area is not as bad as it seems, especially now that we have the mark location ability. When I was level 26 (maybe 25), I soloed it with my storm mage. All you have to remember is to set a way point before the battles. Even the three on one was manageable. Just ensure you kill one minion before you die. Fill up on life, and return to the battle. If you continue this, you should be able to beat the instance in under 2 hours (atleast storm mages can). Hope this helps.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Hey, lvl 33 fire/death wiz, Katie ill be wearing storm outfit (dont ask) w/ storm hound, (BOOMER ) or my magnificent goat monk (Brutus ) willing to help if you see me around. Yeah I'm already in Mb (for you who dont know what that is its Marley Bone) Which means I'm done with that rat hole krokitopia! WRITE BACK!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
fosterkin wrote:
Copmleted Tomb of the Beguiler and while it's not really difficult (you don't get pulled into battles like can happen in Sunken City), it is LONG.

Just when you think there can't be anything else, you have beaten the last baddie, there are four(ish) more battles.

So think before entering. Do I really have the time to finish this now?

funny thing is i am on ds now and i look through my quest panel and see lots of unfinished quests i do them all and go to krokotopia tomb of beguiler and it says i finished that quest even though i dont remember that

your friend Trevor TrollTamer (myth) :D

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Tomb of the Beguiler isn't really that bad, in fact Kensingston Park is MUCH, MUCH HARDER AND LONGER.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Tomb of the Beguiler isn't really that bad, in fact Kensingston Park is MUCH, MUCH HARDER AND LONGER.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Awesome! I am Tabitha Deathfist, level 24. I know I'm not that big or anything, but I can sure beat some bosses. Are you up for doing it again Valkoor Crow? Quote me and we can think of when to meet and where. PLEASE??
I feel kinda weird to be asking someone for help.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
If you had four people and still died a lot, you're probably doing something wrong. It's soloable (though probably not without dying a few times) around the time you clear the rest of Krokotopia.

The amount of time something takes can vary considerably from one attempt to another, of course, depending on level, class, and group size. There are six boss battles, and the bosses generally each have one or two lackeys. Between the fifth and six bosses are four battles that each consist of one pair of non-boss mobs. Thus, in all, there are only ten battles that you have to win.

But the boss battles can take quite a while. The bosses mostly have around 2000 HP. The end boss has 3400 HP. Winning a 1 on 3 battle in which the three includes a boss with 2000 HP can be rather difficult if you haven't leveled way past the level range intended for Krokotopia (about 25-28 for the Tomb of Storms areas).

Thus, in a lot of the boss battles, the basic strategy if you're solo is to kill something, die, and then run back. Lackeys don't respawn, so if you kill all but the boss before you run back, the next time, you get to fight the boss by itself. The dying and running back takes several minutes each time you have to do it.

If you're planning on soloing the instance after clearing the rest of Krokotopia, a good run should take about 2-3 hours. The fights are a lot harder than in Sunken City, but it's much easier to avoid the potential fights that you don't want.
3,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way! I never fought a boss that hard!!!!!!!! oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Stormfur2 wrote:
you don't have to finish it lol ;)
but I REALLY want to. :(

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
If you had four people and still died a lot, you're probably doing something wrong. It's soloable (though probably not without dying a few times) around the time you clear the rest of Krokotopia.

The amount of time something takes can vary considerably from one attempt to another, of course, depending on level, class, and group size. There are six boss battles, and the bosses generally each have one or two lackeys. Between the fifth and six bosses are four battles that each consist of one pair of non-boss mobs. Thus, in all, there are only ten battles that you have to win.

But the boss battles can take quite a while. The bosses mostly have around 2000 HP. The end boss has 3400 HP. Winning a 1 on 3 battle in which the three includes a boss with 2000 HP can be rather difficult if you haven't leveled way past the level range intended for Krokotopia (about 25-28 for the Tomb of Storms areas).

Thus, in a lot of the boss battles, the basic strategy if you're solo is to kill something, die, and then run back. Lackeys don't respawn, so if you kill all but the boss before you run back, the next time, you get to fight the boss by itself. The dying and running back takes several minutes each time you have to do it.

If you're planning on soloing the instance after clearing the rest of Krokotopia, a good run should take about 2-3 hours. The fights are a lot harder than in Sunken City, but it's much easier to avoid the potential fights that you don't want.

Man, I definently need to do some side quests in Krokotopia now. I mean, I'm in Marleybone at level 24, one level before the safe level in Tomb of Storms? Now I know why that Gearhead is so hard. Where is Tomb of the Beguiler anways, or Sunken City?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Reilly!i was in dragonspier with 3 other wizards battled like 20 but died at 15. :(

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Jaramak wrote:
This area is not as bad as it seems, especially now that we have the mark location ability. When I was level 26 (maybe 25), I soloed it with my storm mage. All you have to remember is to set a way point before the battles. Even the three on one was manageable. Just ensure you kill one minion before you die. Fill up on life, and return to the battle. If you continue this, you should be able to beat the instance in under 2 hours (atleast storm mages can). Hope this helps.

I did this and was mostly okay till I got to the "tower" (kept forgetting to set marker before each battle) and into the third room and managed to kill the two lower life ones there but then the bars did not lift. I looked everywhere for a clue, went out and came back, thru other rooms, etc. Even went back to oasis and did the beetle/storm thing and nothing. Wasted at least 30 minutes on this alone. Then had to get ready for work so had to close and log out, so will have to redo. This was this morning too! So, was this a bug (lot of those in this game) or did it not work because I killed one before I left and only had the other low level to go? Or, because on the third one, remembered to set the mark (had used this in other areas in beguiler but everything still worked ok), Please help. That was after 4 loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggg hours of work, too!