Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tomb of the Beguiler - warning do not enter unless

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Copmleted Tomb of the Beguiler and while it's not really difficult (you don't get pulled into battles like can happen in Sunken City), it is LONG.

Just when you think there can't be anything else, you have beaten the last baddie, there are four(ish) more battles.

So think before entering. Do I really have the time to finish this now?

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
How Long does it take. Also when we did krokotopia we did not get the quest and once we finished the Tomb of Storms the mander no longer is there with a quest above his head. So get it while you can :(

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
We can take this quest later as it is a side quest and only need once to get the quest from the mander to activate the entrance. Then we can go into the tomb again and again to collect boss drops and also get XP for the first two rounds.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
fosterkin wrote:
Copmleted Tomb of the Beguiler and while it's not really difficult (you don't get pulled into battles like can happen in Sunken City), it is LONG.

I can confirm this. My partner and I like to play together (chatting over Ventrilo), and this instance ate an ENTIRE session - three hours, solid. Which in turn delayed our arrival at Marleybone by several real-world days ...

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
i need a partner for it and im up for the challenge...

im on about most of the day in ambrose

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
i finished it today... it was SO long, i went in with 4 people and people got defeated a lot... after a while we finally finished it... and thanx to my friend scot who used kraken and storm shark a lot.

while i was in there i saw a lot of new spells like:
fire bat
storm elf
ice shark
evil storm snowman

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
fosterkin wrote:

Just when you think there can't be anything else, you have beaten the last baddie, there are four(ish) more battles.

So think before entering. Do I really have the time to finish this now?

No you don't. Nothing happened to me like that.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
gmpax wrote:
fosterkin wrote:

I can confirm this. My partner and I like to play together (chatting over Ventrilo), and this instance ate an ENTIRE session - three hours, solid. Which in turn delayed our arrival at Marleybone by several real-world days ...

You are kinda slow. I did it with 2 more friends and i did it in 30 minutes. NO lie.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:
gmpax wrote:
fosterkin wrote:

You are kinda slow. I did it with 2 more friends and i did it in 30 minutes. NO lie.

8)
The number of Wizards and their levels DO effect how fast (and how hard) any Instance Area can be. Sunken City, for example, is easier if you have lots of Storm and Life Magic that's accurate; but if all you have is Myth and Death, it can take longer, and is far more difficult.

Know your Foes; Know Yourself; and you'll win every time...

This is only my Opinion; and I am voicing it ...
8)

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS!

The onlyreason I have not gone to marelybone yet is because I want to do this first. But I cant do it alone!!!

WHO CAN HELP ME????
WHEN????
PLEASE!!!!!!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you had four people and still died a lot, you're probably doing something wrong. It's soloable (though probably not without dying a few times) around the time you clear the rest of Krokotopia.

The amount of time something takes can vary considerably from one attempt to another, of course, depending on level, class, and group size. There are six boss battles, and the bosses generally each have one or two lackeys. Between the fifth and six bosses are four battles that each consist of one pair of non-boss mobs. Thus, in all, there are only ten battles that you have to win.

But the boss battles can take quite a while. The bosses mostly have around 2000 HP. The end boss has 3400 HP. Winning a 1 on 3 battle in which the three includes a boss with 2000 HP can be rather difficult if you haven't leveled way past the level range intended for Krokotopia (about 25-28 for the Tomb of Storms areas).

Thus, in a lot of the boss battles, the basic strategy if you're solo is to kill something, die, and then run back. Lackeys don't respawn, so if you kill all but the boss before you run back, the next time, you get to fight the boss by itself. The dying and running back takes several minutes each time you have to do it.

If you're planning on soloing the instance after clearing the rest of Krokotopia, a good run should take about 2-3 hours. The fights are a lot harder than in Sunken City, but it's much easier to avoid the potential fights that you don't want.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
My main problem is that I have nothad the chance to go with a group. I always go solo and my wizard (level 27) does not seem up to the task. Does anybody out there want togo there with me?

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
where is the mander that gives you this quest i dont think i have done it but i'd like to try

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Scratch that. Already beat it! (finally) I had some help!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Finarel wrote:
I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS!

The only reason I have not gone to marelybone yet is because I want to do this first. But I cant do it alone!!!

WHO CAN HELP ME????
WHEN????
PLEASE!!!!!!

I can help My Character name is Kenneth Firesword I am a Magus Necromancer with some life on the side. I am level 35. I would like to do this instance but won't do it alone because I don't want to spend that much time on the computer please let me know if you are willing to help/join me.
Thank You,
Kenneth Firesword

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I already did this, but I would go at it again. What about wensday at 4pm?

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
Hi i'm level 31 and me and my friend are death but i'm myth and death my friend is death and storm

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Sadly, I completed this tonight, however the quests inside were bugged for me, Somebody who did not have the quest kept talking to the quest guys before I could and then it would not let me talk to them. I got nothing for completing it. So I guess next time I'll ask the people to let me talk to the quest guys first or go in there with people that have the quest.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Though I think that I have plenty of friends that will help me, I wouldn't mind help from someone. I'm level 32 Ice/Death Wizard. I think I'd be a lot of help, so just notify me if you are willing to help. Also, any of the people that have already asked for help I will help you. Tell me time and date and I'll try to be there.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Hello. My wizards name is William Shade and before I really start questing in marleybone i would like to go on the tomb of the beguiler quest but dont have anyone willing to go. would anyone like to go? Lvl. 28 with a death minion. death/life HELP!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Haitchi wrote:
Sadly, I completed this tonight, however the quests inside were bugged for me, Somebody who did not have the quest kept talking to the quest guys before I could and then it would not let me talk to them. I got nothing for completing it. So I guess next time I'll ask the people to let me talk to the quest guys first or go in there with people that have the quest.

how do you actually get to the beguiler himself?? I beat all the baddies with a friend but when it came to the last door, we couldn't get in. Did we miss something or what??????

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
lamarpig wrote:
Hello. My wizards name is William Shade and before I really start questing in marleybone i would like to go on the tomb of the beguiler quest but dont have anyone willing to go. would anyone like to go? Lvl. 28 with a death minion. death/life HELP!!!!!

I'll go with you.

It's kind of embarrasing, but I'm a level 42 and I STILL haven't beat it. I'm planning on going on right now and completing this instance finally.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
if you get enough highe leveled people this can be a quick and boring instance just like nightside

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
cs550 wrote:
if you get enough highe leveled people this can be a quick and boring instance just like nightside

Well yes, most content is trivial and boring if you're way too high level and have too large of a group for it. That's true of pretty much any content that doesn't assume that you have a full group of players at the level cap with essentially perfect gear--which in most games, means it's true of essentially all of the content.